Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineI2ancid
josh hartnett,movie star actor
 User Gallery

Loc: psycholand
Whats so great about weed????
    #3073175 - 08/31/04 09:30 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I've never been a fan of marijuana, the only time I liked it was when I first did it, ever since it's just been a way to make me look cracked out, tired, hungry, lazy and eventually gain fat due to the pot smokers life style and diet of high GI index foods such as twinkies and mountain dew.

I woulden't at all call the buzz a high, ecstacy is a high, shrooms are a high, cocaine is a high, meth is a high.... Weed? nah, thats no high, thats just some way to avoid responsibility and do nothing all day while enjoying it.

Oh, and for those of you who say weed is not addictive, BUUUUULLLLLLSHHHITTTTT. It's extremely mentally addictive, I've known so many people who can't, or are not willing, to go a single day without blazing up and haven't missed a day in YEARS...

They freak out like a crack head without their pot. When I was shooting up coke, smoking meth, and doing shrooms my friend wondered why I would do all those 'hard drugs' yet not touch something so harmless as weed as they lit their pipes and reached for the dorito's. Weed is a joke, I don't feel like getting tired and lethargic I feel like getting mutha fuckin high! That's why.

Edited by I2ancid (08/31/04 09:38 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineiluan
Keep your stickon the ice.
Male User Gallery

Loc: lookin at crazy in the re...
Re: Whats so great about weed???? [Re: I2ancid]
    #3073191 - 08/31/04 09:37 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

To each thier own. You may not like the high, but alot do. You say that meth and coke are a high, but alot don't like that high. Everyone enjoys a different feeling and do different drugs to get what feeling they think is right for them. You sure can't say that smoking meth and shooting shit up is a productive lifestyle, and i've tried all the drug, course never stupid enough to shoot the shit.

--------------------
Remember..if the women don't find ya handsome,they should atleast find ya handy!

I do what i can with what i don't have!

Edited by iluan (08/31/04 09:40 AM)

OfflineI2ancid
 User Gallery

Re: Whats so great about weed???? [Re: iluan]
    #3073194 - 08/31/04 09:39 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Um, the post was meant for you to explain how marijuana benefits you, or what positives you feel from it, whats so damn GREAT about it? not state the obvious.

Is it just that everyone thinks its some harmless 'natural' plant that isen't looked down on like other drugs warranting a free pass to abuse it?

Edited by I2ancid (08/31/04 09:40 AM)

Offlineiluan
Keep your stickon the ice.
Male User Gallery

Loc: lookin at crazy in the re...
    #3073201 - 08/31/04 09:41 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Well except for medical purposes you can't really say any drug benifits you can you?.. People do drugs for different reasons. I guess i'll toss out my reason for smoking.. i enjoy the relaxed feeling i get from smoking herb. It helps me deal with the everyday stress i go through in life much like a depressed person and thier pills i guess.

--------------------
Remember..if the women don't find ya handsome,they should atleast find ya handy!

I do what i can with what i don't have!

Edited by iluan (08/31/04 09:44 AM)

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #3073204 - 08/31/04 09:43 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I enjoy marijuana much more than meth or coke, b/c it helps me calm down and sleep.

It can also help people who have trouble keeping on weight.

InvisibleClean
the lense
Male User Gallery

#3073219 - 08/31/04 09:46 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

the herb is gracious and can be used for so much besides smoking.

in babylon they want the cocaine, the meth, the heroin, but not the herb.

can we power cars with crack?
can we make clothes from heroin?
is cocaine a good source of protein and omega-3 fatty acids?

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #3073222 - 08/31/04 09:48 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

What's great about weed is precisely the fact that it's not as intense as the other drugs you mentioned(though I've had a few experiences on really strong weed that bordered on tripping). You can do it frequently without major consequences(assuming you don't get busted). I can drive stoned easily, but I'd never think of driving on anything more than half an eighth of shrooms(and even then, only if I absolutely have to, and definitely not during the peak). You're comparing apples and oranges here. Don't even try to compare weed and hard drugs. They're just very different drugs meant for different occasions. Weed is often used in the same sort of settings as alcohol, and out of those two, I'll take weed any day. If I'm stressing out about life and worrying about a bunch of bullshit, all it takes is one good hit to chill me the fuck out. What may be lethargy to you is just chillness to me. Of course, like any drug, weed affects different people differently. I had a friend in high school who would get hyper as hell when he was stoned. Some people can't handle weed. They get paranoid and reclusive and anti-social. I've met at least a couple Shroomerites who don't smoke weed anymore for that reason. Personally, I love being stoned. It's such a relaxed, meditative state of mind. As for meth and coke, I stay away from that shit. IME, those drugs turn decent, honest people into assholes.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

InvisibleYoung_but_cool
Stranger
Male

Loc: Old Europe
    #3073226 - 08/31/04 09:50 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

It gives me a couple of hours of introspective, reflective relaxation before going to sleep. For me it is a valuable state of mind that helps me to sum up the day and get my priorities straight.

OfflineI2ancid
 User Gallery

Re: Whats so great about weed???? [Re: Clean]
    #3073236 - 08/31/04 09:53 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Cocaine was a priceless tool for long distance endeavors and people often described the distance they traveled by the number of mouthfulls of coca leaves they chewed.

Lets see you travel with a THC buzz!

CAN WE POWER CARS WITH CRACK:
If you have crack then you might have ether around! so YES!

CAN WE MAKE CLOTHES FROM HEROIN:
In many sweatshops that produce your clothes around the world workers often work for 12 hours a day for less than a dollar an hour. Heroin and opium are often used to sustain these labors which otherwise would be near impossible physically day in and day out without great pain.

is cocaine a good source of protein and omega-3 fatty acids?
No, but neither is THC, were talking about the high, not the plant matter.

OfflineI2ancid
 User Gallery

Re: Whats so great about weed???? [Re: silversoul7]
    #3073252 - 08/31/04 09:58 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

I had a friend in high school who would get hyper as hell when he was stoned. Some people can't handle weed. They get paranoid and reclusive and anti-social. I've met at least a couple Shroomerites who don't smoke weed anymore for that reason.

Yea I get anti-social, for others they get social. I don't like being around people when I smoke but others seem to love it for some reason. I just get really quiet and think alot.

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #3073254 - 08/31/04 09:59 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I used to like to smoke around my friends, but now I mosty enjoy a bowl before bed. It helps me calm down, and puts me out better than any otc sleep aids do.

Offlinecosmicray
Emaho!

#3073258 - 08/31/04 10:01 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

>Oh, and for those of you who say weed is not addictive,
>BUUUUULLLLLLSHHHITTTTT. It's extremely mentally addictive, I've

So what?  My roomate in college smoked like that every day.  He'd lay a match out for the first bong hit of the morning to save himself half a second.  But he was a good student, studied electrical engineering and graduated, was and is a happy guy.

I used to smoke several times a day, every day for many years.  Then I stopped for a loooong time.  I just recently found I enjoy it again, so blanket statements about mental addiction don't apply.  Such generalizations rarely do.

I find it pleasantly narrows my train of thought and relaxes me.  I *enjoy* washing the dishes, etc.  I like weed, weed likes me :smile:

InvisibleClean
the lense
Male User Gallery

Re: Whats so great about weed???? [Re: cosmicray]
    #3073263 - 08/31/04 10:03 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

marijuana helps narrow my mental focus when it comes to physical tasks.. so i can concentrate on building a stone wall rather than thinking about what i'd rather be doing with my life.

OfflineI2ancid
 User Gallery

#3073264 - 08/31/04 10:03 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

I find it pleasantly narrows my train of thought and relaxes me.  I *enjoy* washing the dishes, etc.  I like weed, weed likes me :smile:

If narrowing your train of thought is in your list of priorities, amphetamines like meth do wonders for ADD.

I really don't promote the use of these hard drugs, im just making arguement for the sake of understanding the common pothead.

InvisibleCorporal Kielbasa

#3073267 - 08/31/04 10:04 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Its not mental adictive, it becomes a ritual of life.

OfflineMcKennaFan200
AmateurGairologist

#3073274 - 08/31/04 10:06 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

The "great" thing about bud is that it gets you high. It doesn't blow your mind (usually), and people feel safe and comforted by the fact. It's as natural as it can be. I love blazing up a bowl because it makes me feel good, like any other drug I do. It's a thing we pick up as a teenager, smoking bud is, and a lot of us never move on really. But yeah, I love it and it loves me.

--------------------

"It seemed to me culture is a shabby lie. Or at least this culture is a shabby lie. If you work like a dog, you get 260 channels of bad television and a German automobile. What kind of perfection is that?"-McKenna

OfflineI2ancid
 User Gallery

Re: Whats so great about weed???? [Re: McKennaFan200]
    #3073295 - 08/31/04 10:14 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

McKennaFan200 said:
The "great" thing about bud is that it gets you high. It doesn't blow your mind (usually), and people feel safe and comforted by the fact. It's as natural as it can be. I love blazing up a bowl because it makes me feel good, like any other drug I do. It's a thing we pick up as a teenager, smoking bud is, and a lot of us never move on really. But yeah, I love it and it loves me.

God, please dont use the "natural" claim its so overdone. Natural means "by nature" cocaine is as natural as your gonna get dude, morphine, hydrocodone, codeine, thebaine, DMT, etc etc all 100% NATURALALIS!

If anything, Marijuana is the LEAST natural because of all the mix breeding the strains have went through to imrpove potency under the hands of man.

OfflineI2ancid
 User Gallery

Re: Whats so great about weed???? [Re: Corporal Kielbasa]
    #3073300 - 08/31/04 10:15 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

SHEIKofSHIITAKE said:
Its not mental adictive, it becomes a ritual of life.

I've known people who ritualistically shoot up daily too. It's a pattern of use, therefor its addictive classed behavior

OfflineMcKennaFan200
AmateurGairologist

#3073303 - 08/31/04 10:15 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

By natural I just mean it grows naturally in nature by natural forces due to natural means. Just thought I would see how many times I could use that word in a sentence.

--------------------

"It seemed to me culture is a shabby lie. Or at least this culture is a shabby lie. If you work like a dog, you get 260 channels of bad television and a German automobile. What kind of perfection is that?"-McKenna

OfflineI2ancid
 User Gallery

Re: Whats so great about weed???? [Re: McKennaFan200]
    #3073310 - 08/31/04 10:17 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

McKennaFan200 said:
By natural I just mean it grows naturally in nature by natural forces due to natural means. Just thought I would see how many times I could use that word in a sentence.

My son, im trying to tell you that cocaine, and opiates do the same thing you just described. I would also say only 2% of marijuana in the USA grows by "natural means", meaning man had no action in its growth. The rest is planted by man and looked after by man.

What about all the miracle grow and Ph ballancers used to grow the weed to super-potency conditions. Is that natural?

Edited by I2ancid (08/31/04 10:20 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale