Home | Community | Message Board

Vaposhop
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Rye Grain, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineScolecite
enthusiast

With grain/WBS, if the outside is done, is the inside?
    #3072912 - 08/31/04 08:59 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

If the outside of a pint jar is done, does that mean the inside is too? The jars were shaken 1 time, and they have been colonizing for 9 days.

I remember with PF tek and brown rice, how you were supposed to wait an extra week to let the middle colonize.

Also, should I shake and break up the jars once more, then spawn them a day later?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Re: With grain/WBS, if the outside is done, is the inside? [Re: Scolecite]
    #3072926 - 08/31/04 09:08 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Your whole jar is colonized at this point. That shaking helps it colonize evenly.

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

OfflineScolecite
enthusiast

Re: With grain/WBS, if the outside is done, is the inside? [Re: hawksapprentice]
    #3072929 - 08/31/04 09:10 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

so should I shake in once today if Im going to spawn tommorow?

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

#3072967 - 08/31/04 09:33 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

If its fully colonized then it shouldnt be able to be shook up. The mycellium has a very strong hold on it.

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

OfflineScolecite
enthusiast

Re: With grain/WBS, if the outside is done, is the inside? [Re: hawksapprentice]
    #3075971 - 09/01/04 12:22 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

what does anyone else think about this?

Offlineaje
Why not?
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: in some small dive
    #3076047 - 09/01/04 12:43 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Try shaking, you may or may not be able to feel the grain on the inside moving.

--------------------

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

#3077057 - 09/01/04 07:41 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

okay, if its fully colonized there is no need for shaking. If you look at the simple rye tek by magash youll see that it you only shake it to spread the mycelium to speed up colonization. So if your fully colonized there is no need to shake it and it wouldn't even be able to be shaken up. Just spawn it.

--------------------

Edward Abbey

OfflineScolecite
enthusiast

#3077174 - 09/01/04 09:02 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

sorry to doubt you hawksapprentice :smile:

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

#3077177 - 09/01/04 09:03 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Hope it all goes well for you. 
:stoned:

--------------------

Edward Abbey

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Rye Grain, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation