Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleflameclown
totality is amust
 User Gallery

Klonopin Wafers *DELETED*
    #3069980 - 08/30/04 04:16 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Post deleted by flameclown

Reason for deletion: [this post is damn old]

--------------------
You're right. I should make MY living dancing around like a mongoloid on a bad acid-trip for a bunch of spoiled little dickheads. - Vulgar

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Re: Klonopin Wafers [Re: flameclown]
    #3070039 - 08/30/04 04:29 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I don't know much, but some people say it is the way to go.

I'm against taking klonopin wafers. Mushrooms are not addictive, klonopins are.

Good or bad, a trip will end eventually. No need to cover a bad trip with a potentially bad habbit... especially when there are many natural ways to avoid a bad trip.

Klonopins will never fix whatever made your trip go bad in the first place. Having Klonopins ready... just in case... means that you, sorta' expect your trip to go bad. If you think you may need to pop a Klonopin, you probably shouldn't be tripping in the first place. Your mindset likely isn't positive enough.

Try meditation, or reading the Psychadelic Experience by Tim Leary

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflineCubieman420
Sharing in thegroove
 User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Re: Klonopin Wafers [Re: Rose]
    #3070589 - 08/30/04 06:54 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Yea, you have to be confident enough to trip without having your "comedown pills" in your pocket BEFORE you dose. If you think that you may have a bad trip enough to keep benzos on you, you probably shouldn't trip. And also, i'm no expert, but I would imagine that diazepam would work a bit better.

--------------------
"...now waters run free, no more fish in the sea..."
1983-2004

InvisibleFecalDildo
Fat LadiesBingo.
 User Gallery
Loc: Ass Flavour Pie Factory.
    #3070758 - 08/30/04 07:35 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

that sort of stuff is usually perscibed to people with bipolar disorder or other mood disorders.. works for anxiety too.. any benzo such as klonopin or valium or even xanex will help a bad trip

OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chicago, USA
    #3071561 - 08/30/04 10:24 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Klonopins will never fix whatever made your trip go bad in the first place

well since the thing that caused your bad trip would be your brain making some bad connections and loops because of the psychoactive drug you took.. and klonopin would be suppressing your brain from rapidly firing and mis-firing neurons. then yes it would fix the main reason for why you started having a bad trip.

of course it wont fix any latent repressed memories or other mental illness. but if you have any of those you probably shouldnt be tripping anyways.

Quote:

No need to cover a bad trip with a potentially bad habbit

i doubt taking klonopins once to stop a bad trip would leave you addicted to them... it takes alot more than that.. especially if you use the reccomended dosage.

OfflineIamthewalrus
every evening Idied and everynight I wasreborn
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario
Re: Klonopin Wafers [Re: Infrared]
    #3071577 - 08/30/04 10:31 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

benzos don't work on me but I don't see anything wrong with keeping them around just in case...I think you would be less likely to have a bad trip just knowing that even if you do your prepared

OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery

#3071590 - 08/30/04 10:35 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

klonopins are usually prescribed for muscle spasms/certain siezure disorders/anxiety/short-term insomnia/bi-polar seasonal affectiveness disorder...

they are very effective for relief of drug induced manic states(ie bad trips/psychosis).. just like any benzodiazipine... they work by releasing the brains main inhibritory chemical gaba...

OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery

Re: Klonopin Wafers [Re: Iamthewalrus]
    #3071608 - 08/30/04 10:47 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

im sure they do work on you... maybe you dont feel "fucked up" or "high" on them because alot of people dont find them recreational at all. but more than likely they are doing their job which is just to cause your brain the release alot of gaba... they are nothing like opiates remember

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

#3071646 - 08/30/04 11:05 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

According to MANY trustworthy sources, benzos are effective. I just don't like the bennefit/risk. A trip shouldn't have to be treated with something that is usually perscribed for mental illness. If you have a mental illness, you should not trip, unless you first talk to a doctor. It is a trip for pete's sake, not a mental disorder.

Most people with Klonos, don't usually get 'em for bad trips. Aside from being a perscription drug, Klonos and other Benzos are also, used and abused recreationally. It is a fact that Klonos are more habbit forming than shrooms. It is like sending the lion after the lamb.

If you are so afraid of a bad trip that you will go out of your way to get access to klonopins, without a perscription... just so IF the trip goes bad you... god forbid... wouldn't have to deal with yourself... see where I am going with this?

Reading is a more valuable... and cheaper way to avoid a bad trip. Read The Psychadelic Experience by Timothy Leary...
http://www.erowid.org/library/books_online/psychedelic_experience/psychedelic_experience.shtml
It is a good guidebook to learn how to keep a trip positive. The Psychadelic Experience is not addictive at all.

If you know how to trip, there should be no reason to worry about a bad trip. If you don't know what you are doing, learn more. Mindset is the most important aspect of tripping. If Klonos are still right for you... as a safety net, go ahead and try one.

You shouldn't need to... just trip responsibly. Take a moderate, not large dose. There should be no reason for a bad trip unless it is planned poorly.

Don't get some Klonos so you can trip for the first time ever and insure the trip is a good one. Shrooms aren't scary; thinking makes them so.

I would, possibly suggest Klonos if you are prone to bad trips but you still want to trip more. If you are going to trip, even though you are prone to bad trips... you may as well take a Klono. Although, most people who are prone to bad trips, stop tripping rather quickly.

It is nature's way of saying, "Perhaps tripping is not for you right now... try again later."

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery

#3071877 - 08/31/04 12:00 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

-It is a trip for pete's sake, not a mental disorder.

symptoms of a bad trip are sometimes very akin to mental disorders. and doctors at the ER almost always will give anyone having a bad reaction to a psychedelic a benzodiazipine. im not trying to argue.. you just shouldnt make it sound like its the end of the world and terrible to use a benzo for help with a bad trip. you may not be in favor of that method... but it is the most widely used method in the medical field

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

#3071909 - 08/31/04 12:10 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I think it is important both sides of the issue are discussed so the person thinking of taking a benzo makes an informed decision. Besides, I like to argue... when the argument is worth having. No hard feelings, we simply have different opinions. And we are covering different information.

No, benzos aren't the end of the world... but let's face it... neither is a bad trip.

Worst case scenario, a trip will be over in 6 hours. Moderate, well planned tripping shouldn't ever require a benzo.

If you wish to zone out at the end of the trip, take one. Beer or pot work too.

If you wish to prevent a bad trip, avoid tripping until you think you will have a good trip. Tripping when you think you'll have a good trip is called, "Having a good mindset". Mindset = set. Set is one of the most important factors in tripping.

I'd wait until I had a bad trip, before using Klonos to prevent one. I would want to know what I was avoiding before self perscribing benzos.

bennefit/risk

I've learned as much from my bad trips as I have from the good ones.

I guess if you are tripping socially, a benzo may reduce anxiety... but why trip in a place where you must calm yourself with medication? The trip can wait.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery

#3071949 - 08/31/04 12:23 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

i agree... most cases benzos are not nessacary. and definately should not be used unless absolutely needed. i can think of a few occasions that i was very happy i had some xanax stashed away though... after a night of a large dose of 2ce and wandering around outside in the dark.. when i came inside i was hearing animal screeches everywhere and thought there were people scrathcing at my door. that xanax helped me out soo much.. i was so strung out and manic theres no telling what i wouldve done if i had been like that for another 8hrs.

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

#3071984 - 08/31/04 12:33 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Once I didn't respect the mushroom and I tripped without preparation.    I fealt irrational PARANOIA. 6 hours of paranoia wasn't fun... in fact, it sucked a bunch. That was a bad trip.

Oh, and then there was the time when I tripped with a headache and decided I didn't need aspirin. I figured I'd cure the headache with my thoughts. I ended up spending 6 hours focused on my headache. Yeah... that one sucked too.

Fortunately, in both cases the trip ended... in 6 hours... and I wasn't taken to a hospital. Although, I probably woulda' popped a Xanax if I had one handy... naw... I'd decide I was superhuman again and spend the whole trip trying to heal myself without Xanax :lol:

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Invisiblemuse_sick
ĤŌĿŶĞЋ0$Ŧ

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Giu La Testa
    #3072006 - 08/31/04 12:41 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

i have had good luck using klonopin to ease myself off of various drugs
i find it to be highly flexible and relaxing, and allows me to act more freely in a social setting
high dosage can lead to a highly stupid manor of acting, however
these are my experiences

--------------------
:beakedwhale:

OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery

#3072028 - 08/31/04 12:45 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

i can alway handle mushroom trips... even if i take way too much and everyone starts talking backwards :crazy2: .... msuhrooms and dmt ive never had a problem with... the only drugs ive had to abort with xanax are lsd/2ce/2ct4 .... all those drugs last about twice as long as mushrooms so when you go in too deep your there for alot longer. when i was younger i use to take loads of lsd and end up acting like a schizo for 3 days afterwards... i sure wish i knew about xanax back then

Offlinenonoman
ambassador
Male User Gallery

Loc: the wood
    #3072627 - 08/31/04 03:44 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I have no problem w/klonopins, I abused them for about 6 mos after losing my license for simple possesion of mj and suffered no ill effects except for a heightened tolerance.

Amazing to me why someone who takes psychedelics would be nervous about benzos.

--------------------

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Re: Klonopin Wafers [Re: nonoman]
    #3073072 - 08/31/04 08:20 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Simply, because Benzos are addictive and mushrooms are not. If I knew you in person, perhaps I'd recomend a benzo... but online, if I don't know you... I suggest you try tripping first, then decide if you really need to have a benzo waiting in the wings.

Really, during a moderate shroom trip, pot or beer works well to reduce most anxiety. Yeah, I know... beer is addictive too... but at least you don't need an Rx for a silver bullett.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
    #3073664 - 08/31/04 12:31 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

persontlly i have oinly had one trip that i decided to cut down with benzos,. it was on 2.5 grams of mush. now that isnt that much, but mushrooms hit me much harder than acid or anything else for that matter. i also made teal out of the whole batch so it caem on really strong. plus my setting was messed up.

it was so weird just laying out on the wet pavement in the middle of a park i rode my bike to, watching all of the colors and patterns in the sky with no anxiety or meaning behind anything.
i kept starting at the city lights (chicago was about 20 miles away) waiting for the a-bomb to be dropped and wipe me and everything away with it. now if i didnt have my benzos on me i would have totally fucking lost it.

i dont trip witout benzos in my pocket just to be prepaired for any situation. and ususlly im tripping with other people so i have them for their benifit too.

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag