Home | Community | Message Board

Zamnesia.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinekontron
captain planet
Loc: Eden
hunting guides.
    #3070858 - 08/30/04 10:08 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

how would one meet people to teach them to hunt for shrooms. maybe not teach, but guide. i have picked up a few mushroom ident books, but i still do not feel safe picking them in the wild myself. even though i can look at pictures compare everything, i would never feel safe doing it without someone with experience. being of illegal status (i assume it would be very hard to get to meet people who know what they are doing, so in this case, what advice would you give to a newbie who has never hunted? where can i meet more people who have an interest in hunting?? i do not know anyone that hunts, just people the buy and use mushrooms. i would not even know where to start to look myself.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineaje
Why not?
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: in some small dive
Re: hunting guides. [Re: kontron]
    #3070899 - 08/30/04 10:19 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

The Mushroom Hunting FAQ is a wonderful guide to get you more than started on your mushroom hunting career.  After you educate yourself for a while you can head out to the field, you can pick whatever specimins you find, using the techniques you learned in the FAQ.  Be sure to follow the number one mushroom hunting guideline: NEVER EAT ANY UNIDENTIFIED MUSHROOM, NO MATTER WHAT.

While picking your mushrooms you can document the habitat and location of them, using words and images (digital cameras are wonderful for great mushroom pics).  You can then post your findings here in the proper format, illustrated here.    Then I'm sure people will be willing to help you Identify your mushrooms :smile:

--------------------

Offlinevade
veteran

Loc: Columbus, OHIO
Re: hunting guides. [Re: aje]
    #3070929 - 08/30/04 10:25 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

^ what he said.

--------------------
I've got this feeling that there's something that I missed...

Offlinekontron
captain planet
Loc: Eden
Re: hunting guides. [Re: vade]
    #3071317 - 08/30/04 11:34 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

cool. :smile:

Offlinewhiterabbit13
I'm late

Loc: Down the rabbit hole
Re: hunting guides. [Re: aje]
    #3071391 - 08/30/04 11:45 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Aje, you smart sexy man you. :smirk:

--------------------

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: hunting guides. [Re: kontron]
    #3071985 - 08/31/04 02:33 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Depending on where you live and in what state, most major cirties or localities have what are known as Mycological Societies.They are mushroom clubs of people show share a common interest in mushrooms of all kinds. Membership are not free, costing around $20-25 per year and sometimes the foreys charge a fee for collecting. This is your most honest method of learhing of shrooms without poisoning yourself or others.

Books are secondary to the cause of shroom picking. They are only guides, not particularly all reliable since every book, including mine have minor errors or some with misidentifications in them and many listing species which no longer exist under the names used.
Any university in most states have mycology courss in their biology programs and departments. You can audit a class for a semester for about $35.00 or more if you cannot afford to take full college courses at the school. Audits are cheap and can help you get through temporary learning on how to pick shrooms.

mj

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification