Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisibletekramrepus
Female User Gallery
Does what you practice truly benefit you?
    #3069318 - 08/30/04 01:30 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I know many people practice a type of meditation, some a type of yoga, even more people who eat "correctly" , and who diet regularly.

My question is, does your pattern/plan of action, wether it be meditation, fitness yoga, exercise, etc......is it efficient?

Is it real, or are you kidding yourself?

Reminds me of a real good story, I dont remember all of it, but basically this King who was living near a monastery heard reports of the monks being uncivil, stubborn, and disobidient.

So the king ordered one of the head monks to give an explanation. He said something like "I cannot prove to you there actions, but through a test you will reach the same conclusion I have"

So, the king agreed, and this is what they did.

During the middle of the night, the King and the Head monk went from bedroom to bedroom in the castle, waking up the guards by throwing water on them. Each of the responses from the different guards were as follows "what the hell!?" "what in gods name!?" "WHATS GOING ON!?" "DAMNIT!!!"

So...they then went to the monastery, and repeated the same routine of splashing water on the sleeping men, yet this time they got the following responses: "Rama (means god I believe)" "Lord, Lord, Lord", and other holy sayings....with no sense of anger, confusion, or aggravation.

Suddenly the King knew at once the point of all this, and never doubted the monks again.

So, I really butchered the story and told it wrong, but I tried to get the same essence out of it. Basically, it showed the monks did not have the same waste in their subconscious as the guards...they had more purity, more innocence.

The guards could have been very nice and easy going during the day, but when they were suddenly awakened at night, it showed whats going on inside of them, how they really react to situations.

So, for those of you who do exercises to change your being, is it authentic? Are you really changing your core being, or just slightly modifying the outside of it.

I think this is the problem with what religions, and spiritual techniques have become these days. Its all about the quick, cheap, thrill or fix. Much of it does not actually penetrate to the being of a human, and soon one forgets what the practice was about period.

Just a reminder to people.....if you do SOMETHING....ANYTHING....weigh it out, and see what it is really doing for you. Be honest with yourself.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
Re: Does what you practice truly benefit you? [Re: tekramrepus]
    #3069617 - 08/30/04 02:42 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Yes. I believe in results not cool thoughts.

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
    #3069777 - 08/30/04 03:22 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Yes.

I've learned a lot about controlling my emotions. It's changed my personality almost 100%. I still have my intensely critical skeptical side, but now I take control of it instead of letting it control me. It's remarkably useful when you're pulling it's strings.

As to those wondering what I practice:

I don't have a name for it. It's just the way I live my life. I've taken lots of pieces of different "religions" and made my own spirituality.

It's basically just living life, learning all I can, and not wasting my time on bullshit I don't have to put up with. A lot of it relates to buddhist and taoist concepts... except for my views on the after-life, which differ slightly.. instead of searching for explanation, I simply choose to acknowledge the lack thereof. By accepting that there is no answer for me to find, I've learned to accept that it doesn't matter.

Also, in learning not to dwell in the past and future, but instead stay in the current moment and concentrate solely on what I am doing at the time, I've taken a load of worry off my mind, and stress off my body.

My life after death beliefs in a nutshell:

Scenario A) When we die, we go on to another existance of some sort. We don't END, basically. In which case, sounds good.. I'm always down for an adventure.

Scenario B) When we die, we cease to exist completely. Sounds good, sign me up.. if I don't exist I won't be around to know it, or care.

So yeah...

I guess I'd say my pursuit of spirituality has yielded the following benefits:

1.) Increased happiness on a day to day basis.

2.) Decreased fear of death on a day to day basis.

3.) Less worry.

4.) Less stress.

I, personally, believe that spirituality can be a very healthy thing for most people. Obviously not everyone "gets it right", some people's dillusions do lead to bad things... but most people are simply bettering their daily life a little by brightening it up with a little hope.

Doot doot..

My 2 cents...

Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Loc: clarity Flag
    #3069823 - 08/30/04 03:31 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Change is hard to notice, as relative to yourself - no change is taking place whatsoever.

But relative to my memory of my previous perception before I got into meditation, analyzation of consiousness and language, entheogens, ect. I would say a positive change has happened. I find myself more aware, it's easier to grasp concepts (as if the lack of mind-noise has made it simpler), and most of all - a content spiritual wellbeing void of previous negativity and the illusions of morality, society, desires, and emotions.

The real question is, when will you consider your spiritual quest to be complete? Will it ever be?

--------------------

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
    #3069826 - 08/30/04 03:31 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

supermarket said:
Is it real, or are you kidding yourself?

That's where your problem is... it just plain doesn't matter either way.

That's the beauty of my system, friend!  :thumbup:

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #3069978 - 08/30/04 04:15 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Well the time I spend in meditation could otherwise be spent out somewhere spending money or corrupting myself with other people's thoughts (like here :wink:) or consuming stuff of destroying things.

But during meditation all I am doing is breathing. I think if we all spent more time on this we might not be in such a fast downward spiral, simply due to time displacement

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #3070036 - 08/30/04 04:29 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

"Well the time I spend in meditation could otherwise be spent out somewhere spending money or corrupting myself with other people's thoughts (like here ) or consuming stuff of destroying things."

How about spending it bettering your world?

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crawling on the floor...
Re: Does what you practice truly benefit you? [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #3070083 - 08/30/04 04:38 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

maybe he is bettering his world by standing by, just being what he is.

personally i dont think better exists.

peace

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

:cactus:

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: Does what you practice truly benefit you? [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #3072074 - 08/31/04 12:55 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

just breathing IS bettering my world.... in my opinion the best I can do to "better my world" is to spread information, and it seems that many don't want too much information too fast, or can't process it. Regardless, why aren't YOU out bettering YOUR world in whatever ways you think are best?

What the fuck kind of question is that to ask somebody, oh perfect one?

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny Flag
Re: Does what you practice truly benefit you? [Re: Strumpling]
    #3080917 - 09/02/04 01:14 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

when i do my little tai chi exercises i relax enough to be able to do (closer to) what i want. and when i can do whatever i want i get get more of what i want. yay.

--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom