Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1

Loc: RI
Need to decide..
    #3069955 - 08/30/04 06:10 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Ok, so about a week ago I made 3 Honey Jars. 2 with 100ml water and 1 with 150ml. Both have the proper ratio of honey in them. I PC'ed for about 20 mins at 12psi. They have tyvek filter tops with a hole in the lid stuffed with polyfill, then covered with 2 coffee filters with rubberbands (doc34's lid method). Finally, under sterile conditions (flame syringe and wipe with alcohol soaked cloth) I innoced each jars with 2 cc's of spores . Incubating at 84-88 degrees Faren. Pint sized jars were used.

Now, heres the problem. One of the jars has NOTHING in it, which im thinking I may as well just throw it out, b/c its probably not gonna do anything. But, the other two jars have a considerable amount of growth, they look like tiny balls of cotton clumped together, but are quite clear (you can see through them easily) and there is some brownish debris, very tiny particles, that have always been there since I started them (someone told me it was some kinda protein or something, but its nothing to worry about)

So the two jars doing well are about 40% full with this growth, which im 99% sure is myc growth, but what if its not and I use it to innoc all my prepared jars? That would be shitty..

So I just wanted to make sure it would be a good idea to suck it up into the syringe and use it. Im very hesitant if you havent noticed..

And as I havent seen any decent pics of what honey water growth looks like, so if you could show me some that would be great, thanks!

Also, I have tried to take pics MANY times but they all come out shitty and you can really see anything, plus my batteries died so I couldnt take any better ones.

~ Nate Wheeler ~

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineshirley knott
not my real name
 User Gallery
Loc: London Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Need to decide.. [Re: SHR00MiN]
    #3070060 - 08/30/04 06:34 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

everything sounds peachy. like you said, suck up that honey water, and use it to inoculate your substrate.

the one that didn't grow probably didn't germinate yet. keep it, unless you need the jar - i bet something does wake up in there, and fing the location delicious.

Loc: RI
Re: Need to decide.. [Re: SHR00MiN]
    #3070139 - 08/30/04 06:51 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks Shirley, that made me quite happy, lmao..

ANyway, do you really think its worth keeping that other jar? I mean if nothing has happened yet, I seriously doubt anything will. (although I dont have a lotta exp so im probably wrong) I had 3 PF jars do the same thing about a month ago when I first made some PF tek jars, they're still in there, and still nothing.. but the rest (the other 4 jars) are doing great, 2 of them are about 95% colonized.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation