Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineCyber
Ash
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dearborn Michigan
A hard trip or a Bad Trip
    #3068403 - 08/30/04 09:06 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

How do you know when it is a bad trip?

I recently had a hard trip. I have told my GF/Trip Buddy we need to take a break tell I can deal with that happened and better understand it. I am not sure that it was a bad trip, because I did not have a bad time. It was just hard to handle. I suppose that I should start with a trip report. That way everyone will know what happened.

NOTE: Some of the things I am about to describe I have been able to do for a long time. (Hearing what people think and feeling there emotions) They may better fit in spirituality and philosophy. Wether you believe in the abilities, or not, is irrelevant. So please just no flaming.

To start off the night we had set up candles, selected 7 hours of mp3's, and had gotten confortable. This is a normal trip night nothing out of the ordinary. We got out the chocolates and got everything ready. I was going to do 3.5 grams my GF was going to do 2 grams. We normally do 2 grams which consistently get us to a level 2 trip. I was wanting a little more wanting a level 3 trip. I have done 3.5 grams before so it was no big deal. (Or so I thought)
About 1 hour into it I knew something was wrong. I was getting time loops (The same instance repeating 3 or 4 times in a row.) From this point on there was no concept of time. I have no idea how much time had passed! I was starting to loose touch with reality. This was more of a feeling that anything else. I decided I needed a drink of water and went to reach for the water bottle. Up until this time me and my GF had been talking about what ever crossed our mind.
As I reached for the bottle the music started to slow down. Kind of like slowing down a record that is playing so that it distorts the voices. The music slowed as my hand got closer to the bottle. The music stopped, The moment seemed to go on for several minuets (15 to 20) then reality shattered. It was like a mirror shattering and I could see all the shards each one with a watter bottle in it. I did manage to get a drink and get the water bottle back on the night stand.
When I looked back at my GF I could see my self through her eyes. She had some visuals but no where near what I was having. The only thing I could say was "You are not tripping this hard!" I remember repeating it 3 or 4 times then saying "Oh SHIT! This is going to be a level 5 trip!"
At this point I could feel all of her emotions. She was worried and a little scared. I laid down on the bed and tried to relax. She asked me a question, I am not sure what it was I just know that I was unable to answer her. I could not make sentences. The best I could manage was "I'm OK". I lifted my hand to show her that I could still move. I remember that when I lifted my hand the bottom 3 fingers were curled into my palm and my pointer finger was wrapped around the end of my thumb. (Like the hand postion of some one with autism) my hand was shaking parity hard and I had to put it down.
From this point on there were lots of "Moments of eternity" All were preceded by the music slowing down.
I do not remember all of it. There were points where I felt like I was so small that I would only be seen under a microscope. There were other points where I was omnipotent. Most of the time I was nothing and nowhere. Occasional my GF would do or say something that would pull me back into reality for a moment and then I would be lost again.
According to her from the moment I laid down on the bed, unable to talk, I did not do much more that lay there and twitch.
At one point I was back in reality and we were laying on the bed holding each other. I was crying and I do remember hearing her ask me if I was OK and I did get out the word "Yes." I found out later that she was only thinking about asking me if I was OK and never actually said it verbally.
As I started to come down I was in and out of reality. At one point I was yanked into reality because I felt something wet on my crotch. I thought I had wet my self. I remember thinking "Oh shit! I just pissed my self." I reached down with my hand to see if it was real and found only the back of my GF's head. Rather than enjoying this and staying in the momnet I found my self hoping that I did not just piss on my GF. I faded back out of reality and do not remember much.
As the trip went on I would be back in reality for longer times. When I was in reality I could talk a little but it was difficult to keep it in English and required a lot of consentration. (Note: I speak several languages) During one of the moments where I was in reality, I remember thinking that the music was distracting me and I needed it to stop. The music stopped playing. My GF looked at me and said "I think the computer locked up." I responded "No, I just needed a break from the music." She smiled at me and said "But I liked that song. Can you start it back up?" I responded "Sure, Ill start it back up for you." and the music started playing again.
Shortly after that I noticed that I was at about a level 3/4 trip and was able to move and talk. My GF's trip was over or almost over and she was a little upset at the way the trips went. Not from her saying anything to me, just from knowing what she was feeling.
The visuals continued for quite some time. I remember looking at the clock and realizing that I had been tripping for 6 hours and it was still going. I had minor visuals the next morning and the next night when I closed my eyes I was still getting some flashes of color and light.

Normally 3.5 grams puts me at a level 3 to a borderline level 4 trip. I am not sure why they hit me so hard. All in all it was a little disturbing. It was defiantly hard to handle and gave me a new respect for just what that little fungus can do.

So was it a bad trip? If not what would you consider a bad trip?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: A hard trip or a Bad Trip [Re: Cyber]
    #3068435 - 08/30/04 09:24 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Don't think of trips in terms of "good" or "bad."  They are all just experiences!  Some of them are more difficult to endure then others.  I've learned the most from my most difficult trips.  Learn to love them all and respect what they show you.  :heart:

OfflineHamurabi
the babylonianleader..

Loc: Greece
Re: A hard trip or a Bad Trip [Re: MOTH]
    #3068544 - 08/30/04 10:06 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

even the scariest, most intense , trips that i COULDN'T HANDLE, trips with thoughts of dying and such were not bad at all. Even these trips gave to me something usefull....
Every trip is unique and respectful. there are no BAD trips.... just trips that you can't handle.

InvisibleDa_Vine
eat me
Male

Loc: jamaica mon
    #3069348 - 08/30/04 01:39 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

i tend to just laugh at everything i know im high so i just have fun, i feel like the man of the hour or something but it took some wierd trips so i could know im high not dieing

OfflineI2ancid
josh hartnett,movie star actor
 User Gallery

Loc: psycholand
Re: A hard trip or a Bad Trip [Re: Da_Vine]
    #3069401 - 08/30/04 01:52 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

A bad trip to me is when you lose the ability to control where its taking you and find yourself in chaos.

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

#3069482 - 08/30/04 02:12 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

GOOD TRIP IS A GOOD TIME
BAD TRIP IS A BAD TIME

--------------------
What it is, is what it is my Brother.
It is as it is, so suffer thru it.

Offlinecosmicray
Emaho!

#3069497 - 08/30/04 02:14 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I like that phrase, hard trip. I've learned a lot from hard trips that were certainly unpleasant at the time but still fruitful. Expectation is usually a major culprit, and it sounds like it was for you too -- you wanted to get off a bit more than usual, but not *that* much.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom