Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleKingOftheThing
the cool fool
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: Rock the Vote! Kerry is going to lose huge in this elect [Re: Tao]
    #3070921 - 08/30/04 08:23 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

i watched it, they were both booed bush daughters and kerry's

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

Re: Rock the Vote! Kerry is going to lose huge in this elect [Re: Tao]
    #3070983 - 08/30/04 08:39 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I saw a clip of it on CNN (which totally proves pinksharkmark wrong).

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
Re: Rock the Vote! Kerry is going to lose huge in this elect [Re: Vvellum]
    #3071510 - 08/30/04 10:11 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Sorry bi0, but the fact that you can watch a clip of it now on CNN doesn't prove me wrong. There is such a thing called time.

I have no television. When I woke up this morning I scanned my usual weblogs, then CNN.com. Several blogs reported the same thing Stein referred to. CNN.com's article made no mention of it, and at the time I was reading their web page, it was the only article on CNN.com about the event.

Now, I admit I haven't tried to link back to the CNN.com article of this morning. For all I know they have changed it -- they do that sometimes. But at the time I posted my link, no mention of booing was made in the article I linked. A suspicious person might say that it came to CNN's attention that all their online competitors had more detailed coverage of the incident than they did, so they scurried to follow suit lest they be accused of whitewashing the event.

Or maybe they were just lazy. Who can say with certainty?

pinky

*edit* just checked the link. The original article is still there -- unchanged.

--------------------

Edited by pinksharkmark (08/30/04 10:15 PM)

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

Re: Rock the Vote! Kerry is going to lose huge in this elect [Re: Phred]
    #3071623 - 08/30/04 10:55 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

the story has been on Headline News since this morning - I saw it before work (7am eastern time) and good 6-7 hours after the actual award show.  Just because you missed the coverage does not mean it is nonexistant. Sorry, no conspiracy :yawn:

Quote:

Who can say with certainty?

I can. I saw the coverage myself 6-7 hours after the show.

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

#3072827 - 08/31/04 05:49 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Sigh.

Re-read my original post. Then re-read my last post, particularly the part about not having a television. You will note that from the beginning I have been referring to CNN.com -- CNN's online news service.

pinky

--------------------

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

#3073373 - 08/31/04 10:44 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

well, that's wonderful. But to claim that CNN is just so biased they wouldnt cover something like this is just wrong - they have been covering it - both on television and online.

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

#3073396 - 08/31/04 10:53 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Sorry bi0, but the fact that you can watch a clip of it now on CNN doesn't prove me wrong. There is such a thing called time.

:lol:

you want to talk about time? The television clip aired 7 hours after the award show. See the award show ended around 11-midnightish. I think following morning 7am coverage (I saw it at 7am - could have been playing earlier) is sufficient time for a dumb news story considering the fact that a majority of the American population is sleeping during those hours.

The online coverage of the story Kerry, Bush daughters booed on MTV - Monday, August 30, 2004 Posted: 12:16 PM EDT (1616 GMT) appeared a few hours later. Oh no! Conspiracy!

sigh this.

Quote:

You will note that from the beginning I have been referring to CNN.com -- CNN's online news service.

:lol: The story has been covered. You missed it .

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

#3073500 - 08/31/04 11:32 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Perhaps I didn't make myself clear enough. Let me try again.

There is a difference between online (i.e. archived and easily retrievable at any time) news articles and broadcast news. My comments were always about CNN.com, not about CNN broadcast news. At the time Stein posted his article, drudge and other blogs had covered the story. At the time I checked CNN.com, they had not covered the story.

Several hours after I made my post, CNN.com had their own story. This doesn't make my observation wrong. At worst, it makes my observation... ummm... impatient.

The slant CNN put on it differs from other reports, including Hagbard Celine's report. Whose report is more accurate? I have no way of knowing, since I have no television and cannot watch any replays of the actual event being discusssed.

However, to say that I was totally wrong is totally inaccurate.

pinky

--------------------

InvisibleCRAZYFUKR
STRANGER THANSTRANGE

Loc: SOUTHLAND
    #3073508 - 08/31/04 11:34 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

http://www.dailyrecycler.com/blog/2004/08/mtv-crowd-boos-kerry-daughters.html

link is to video of keery daughter getting booed.
in all fairness i will try and find bush daughters as well.

--------------------
If it wasn't for this damned insomnia, Id have more pot when i woke up. :mad:

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #3073553 - 08/31/04 11:50 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Now, I admit I haven't tried to link back to the CNN.com article of this morning. For all I know they have changed it -- they do that sometimes. But at the time I posted my link, no mention of booing was made in the article I linked. A suspicious person might say that it came to CNN's attention that all their online competitors had more detailed coverage of the incident than they did, so they scurried to follow suit lest they be accused of whitewashing the event.

But you now understand that Bush's daughters were booed equally badly? And that CNN didn't mention that? Did any other media source?

Clearly it would make just as much sense to say the media are right-wing because they didn't mention Bush's daughters being booed.

Or maybe they were just lazy. Who can say with certainty?

If they had said Bush's daughters had been booed while ignoring Kerry's daughters you may have had a point.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

OfflineViveka
refutation bias
 User Gallery

Re: Rock the Vote! Kerry is going to lose huge in this elect [Re: Xlea321]
    #3075483 - 08/31/04 08:12 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

One critical point everyone seems to be overlooking is the fact that the Bush daughters being booed on MTV is no real suprise, since they've already been destroyed by the media and they're the daughters of the Republican candidate.
Kerry's daughters being booed is perhaps not what you'd expect from a teeny bopper crowd and a network that cops to the left, therefore, it's worth reporting. jerk jerk

Offlinethieverycorp
Stranger

Loc: Texas
Re: Rock the Vote! Kerry is going to lose huge in this elect [Re: Viveka]
    #3075518 - 08/31/04 08:34 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

They're all pretty hot though, gotta atleast give em that... I'd nail em... but I guess that's not saying much, considering...
TC

--------------------

InvisibleKingOftheThing
the cool fool
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: Rock the Vote! Kerry is going to lose huge in this elect [Re: Viveka]
    #3075532 - 08/31/04 08:39 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

the country is divided that goes right down to the youth... plus they were in miami, most cubans are bush/ republican voters

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

#3075944 - 08/31/04 10:18 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Perhaps I didn't make myself clear enough. Let me try again.

There is a difference between online (i.e. archived and easily retrievable at any time) news articles and broadcast news. My comments were always about CNN.com, not about CNN broadcast news. At the time Stein posted his article, drudge and other blogs had covered the story. At the time I checked CNN.com, they had not covered the story.

Several hours after I made my post, CNN.com had their own story. This doesn't make my observation wrong. At worst, it makes my observation... ummm... impatient.

How is this not being wrong? You claimed that CNN was so liberally biased that they would not dare mention this incident. You were impatient and wrong. I showed that CNN did in fact coverage the story on their cable and internet outlets within a reasonable time frame and within perspective (the story is hardly worthy of any top headline).

Quote:

The slant CNN put on it differs from other reports, including Hagbard Celine's report. Whose report is more accurate? I have no way of knowing, since I have no television and cannot watch any replays of the actual event being discusssed.

Oh, its not CNN refuses to cover this, it is now CNN slanted the story. What slant? The timely CNN article entitled Kerry, Bush daughters booed on MTV is pretty much what happened. After re-reviewing the video, both were booed.

Now, look at the FOX News coverage. This is pretty much all that is mentioned on their site (besides the links to Drudge):

In one of the more awkward moments of the night, Alexandra and Vanessa Kerry, the daughters of Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry, came on stage to encourage young people to vote, and were met with boos. President Bush's daughters, Jenna and Barbara, also appealed to young voters via satellite.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,130493,00.html

They didnt even mention the Bush spawn being booed as well. Now, where's the bias?

Quote:

However, to say that I was totally wrong is totally inaccurate.

You were wrong in claiming that CNN "completely ignored this incident." Why do you feel the need to draw this out even longer instead of just admitting your rush to judgement?

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

#3076187 - 08/31/04 11:15 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I give up. Anyone too stubborn to grasp the concept of time and the difference between CNN.com online web news vs broadcast TV will just go on and on and on no matter what.

Have it your way if that's what turns your crank.

pinky

--------------------

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #3076451 - 09/01/04 12:08 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Forget the "concept of time difference", why not address Bio's thorough demolishment of your theory that the entire american media is so "biased" they deliberately didn't cover the "story" of Kerry's daughters being booed by some excited 11 year olds?

And figure in why none of these communist news sources didn't mention Bush's daughters being booed while you're at it.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #3076486 - 09/01/04 12:18 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

And if this is an example of the "little research" you are doing on this subject I suggest you need to do an awful lot more research to avoid reaching similar wildly inaccurate conclusions.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

#3076538 - 09/01/04 12:58 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

I give up. Anyone too stubborn to grasp the concept of time and the difference between CNN.com online web news vs broadcast TV will just go on and on and on no matter what.

Too stubborn? Look who's talking :lol:

You missed the CNN online newscoverage and you jumped to conclusions that CNN was so biased that would refuse to cover this story (but in fact they did - both online and every hour on Headline News).

You cannot blame CNN for you missing their coverage.

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #3077751 - 09/01/04 11:21 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

It's too late bio. The Kerrys at MTV has already gone down in pinks little book of "research" that proves there's a SMERSH like communist conspiracy in the american media. I don't think the truth matters at this point.

Nice try tho  :thumbup:

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom