Home | Community | Message Board

Azarius
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleSteinM
Stranger
 User Gallery

Rock the Vote! Kerry is going to lose huge in this election.
    #3067186 - 08/30/04 12:35 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

For those who refuse to believe it and those who keep making wishes in an empty wishing well, your nickels only bring more votes to President Bush.

Of all anti-republican television stations, MTV featured the kerry sisters getting boo'ed at the MTV awards. Some voters, some future voters.

web page
Quote:

THE BOOS THAT ROCKED THE VOTE: KERRY DAUGHTERS RECEIVE RUDE AWAKENING AT MTV AWARDS
Sun Aug 29 2004 23:36:31 ET

MTV, ROLLING STONE and the rock and roll establishment -- past and present -- have cast their vote, and their man is John Kerry.

So on Sunday night when John Kerry's daughters were announced to speak at the annual MTV VIDEO MUSIC AWARDS, the MTV youth were expected to welcome his daughter's as pop culture princesses.

Instead, in an era of the unexpected, the daughters of the Democratic candidate were met with a resounding wall of boos at the filming in Miami.

From the moment Alexandra and Vanessa started speaking, the boos outweighed anything close to cheers, and the reaction turned worse when the daughters asked the VIACOM youth to vote for their father. So shocked by the reaction, the taller of the two daughters tried to 'shhhhhh' her peers to no avail.

Developing...

On another note about leftwing/communist media the three major network news stations will NOT be showing the first day of the Republican National Convention, unlike they did when the dumbocrats convention was held. That there is proof of complete left wing media.

See ya when Bush is reelcted!

The End.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineHagbardCeline
Student-Teacher-Student-Teacher
Male User Gallery

Loc: Overjoyed, at the bottom ...
Re: Rock the Vote! Kerry is going to lose huge in this elect [Re: Stein]
    #3067375 - 08/30/04 01:13 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I saw this and then was lucky enough to catch the repeat right when they were on.

It seemed like the only people cheering for them were the ones right up against the stage, and they were being encouraged by some around them. The look of utter disbelief on the girls faces was priceless. They were totally unprepared for that response.

And, what you've linked has changed from the last time I saw it. It seems Drudge may have been doing some parody. It had some response from the Kerry camp about a recount and how his daughters had been mistaken for the Bush twins. Except that the Bush twins were also there by video from the convention. Funny, but odd because I can't recall ever seeing him do something like that.

--------------------
I keep it real because I think it is important that a highly esteemed individual such as myself keep it real lest they experience the dreaded spontaneous non-existance of no longer keeping it real. - Hagbard Celine

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
    #3067671 - 08/30/04 02:50 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

At the MTV music awards?! There must have been something else they did to get booed. Seriously, I can't even think of anybody there that would actually be voting for Bush except they Mandi Moore and Marylin Manson (he almost did last time).
That is truly amazing. I really feel bad for those girls though. I guess it goes to show that entertainment media like Rolling Stone and MTV don't have as much authority to tell be people how to vote as they thought.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Rock the Vote! Kerry is going to lose huge in this election. [Re: Stein]
    #3067829 - 08/30/04 03:54 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

The American people and the Constitution are going to be the big losers in the election. Kerry will still have some money to tide him through the coming economic collapse.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineSigno
manamana
 User Gallery

Loc: Purple Haze
Re: Rock the Vote! Kerry is going to lose huge in this election. [Re: Swami]
    #3067923 - 08/30/04 05:23 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

::scratches head:: ::thinks about all the protesters outside the GOP's big GOP::
::goes to sleep::

--------------------

Correlation is not causation!

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
    #3068010 - 08/30/04 06:35 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

That must be a lying ne-con repoop twit hoax, because CNN.com's coverage of the awards makes no mention of Kerry's daughters getting booed, and we all know how unbiased CNN is. http://us.cnn.com/2004/SHOWBIZ/Music/08/29/mtv.ap/index.html

This is the same CNN.com which has almost daily at least one "news" report of Bush's ex-chiropodist or greengrocer or whoever quoted as disagreeing with Bush's policies, so they certainly wouldn't ignore something as high profile and unexpected as Kerry's daughters getting booed at the MTV awards, would they?

pinky

--------------------

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Re: Rock the Vote! Kerry is going to lose huge in this election. [Re: Phred]
    #3068013 - 08/30/04 06:39 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Whoops -- I just read Hagbard Celine's eyewitness report of what went down. So this really occurred, then?

How odd that CNN.com completely ignored this incident, even though they did mention the appearance of Kerry's daughters live and Bush's daughters by video. After all, we all know there is no liberal bias in the media.

pinky

p.s. -- Ah! I have the answer! Hagbard Celine is a lying repoop neo-con twit. Yeah, that's it.

--------------------

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #3068030 - 08/30/04 07:01 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I must have missed the part where Kerry's daughters were running for president.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #3068043 - 08/30/04 07:13 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

This is the same CNN.com which has almost daily at least one "news" report of Bush's ex-chiropodist or greengrocer or whoever quoted as disagreeing with Bush's policies, so they certainly wouldn't ignore something as high profile and unexpected as Kerry's daughters getting booed at the MTV awards, would they?

So you honestly believe it's a communist conspiracy not to report Kerry's daughters getting booed at MTV?

You don't think it's simply that no-one could give a shit about some hyped up and excited 11 year old teenyboppers booing when the music stops and someone tries talking seriously to them? Do you really think the kids were making a political statement?  :rolleyes:

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Re: Rock the Vote! Kerry is going to lose huge in this election. [Re: Xlea321]
    #3068047 - 08/30/04 07:16 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

It's undeniable to anyone who cares to do a little research that the American mainstream media supports Kerry. Hell, at least one top executive from one of them has gone on record stating just that -- the same one who evaluated the media support as worth up to fifteen points in the election.

No need to postulate any Communist influence to explain it.

pinky

--------------------

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

#3068056 - 08/30/04 07:25 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

The guy I was referring to was Evan Thomas, assistant managing editor of Newsweek. Here's Evan --

"There?s one other base here: the media. Let?s talk a little media bias here. The media, I think, wants Kerry to win. And I think they're going to portray Kerry and Edwards -- I'm talking about the establishment media, not Fox, but -- they're going to portray Kerry and Edwards as being young and dynamic and optimistic and all, there's going to be this glow about them that some, is going to be worth, collectively, the two of them, that's going to be worth maybe 15 points."

http://www.mediaresearch.org/cyberalerts/2004/cyb20040712.asp#1

pinky

--------------------

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #3068068 - 08/30/04 07:31 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

It's undeniable to anyone who cares to do a little research that the American mainstream media supports Kerry.

Nonsense. It's very deniable to anyone who has done even the slightest research. The craven media acceptance of Bush's stories about WMD show they're political leanings are anywhere but on the left.

Hell, at least one top executive from one of them has gone on record stating just that

Sounds like overwhelming proof to me...

No need to postulate any Communist influence to explain it.

So you honestly believe that the cabal of communist fanatics who run the american media got together and spread the word "Don't cover the story about the excited 11 year old teenyboppers booing Kerry's daughters at the MTV awards".

Seriously?

You don't think just one reporter on one media source would've phoned Rush Limbaugh and told him every journalist and reporter in America had been ordered not to cover the MTV story? Or is Rush part of the communist conspiracy too?

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #3068079 - 08/30/04 07:43 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Of all anti-republican television stations, MTV featured the kerry sisters getting boo'ed at the MTV awards. Some voters, some future voters.

BTW, can you spot the logical flaw in your argument? If MTV is truly anti-republican and seriously trying to make anti-Bush propaganda why do you think they would have broadcast Kerry's daughters getting booed in the first place?

Doesn't the fact that they broadcast the booing defeat your argument before it even gets started?

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

InvisibleSteinM
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Rock the Vote! Kerry is going to lose huge in this election. [Re: Xlea321]
    #3068441 - 08/30/04 11:26 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

why do you think they would have broadcast Kerry's daughters getting booed in the first place?

Because it was a "live" broadcast, perhaps?

OfflineHagbardCeline
Student-Teacher-Student-Teacher
Male User Gallery

Loc: Overjoyed, at the bottom ...
Re: Rock the Vote! Kerry is going to lose huge in this elect [Re: Phred]
    #3068484 - 08/30/04 11:43 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

You just got up too early!

I really like their angle on it though. Fucking classic.

It was correct by saying that the cameras only tried to show those cheering and you could tell the audio was being turnded down. I wasn't there, but it didn't look to me that they were booing Bush's daughters. They didn't even come on for probably around a minute. I also didn't catch Carson introducing them both - I only heard him saying something about Kerry's daughters. I'm sure because I was surprised when Bush's daughters came up on video.

Kerry, Bush daughters booed on MTV
Monday, August 30, 2004 Posted: 10:39 AM EDT (1439 GMT)
MIAMI, Florida (CNN) -- Reaching out to young Americans at MTV's Video Music Awards Sunday night, the daughters of President Bush and his Democratic challenger Sen. John Kerry were met by loud cheers and jeers.

It was unclear exactly whom the cheers and the boos were meant for or why. They began immediately after radio and MTV personality Carson Daly introduced "from New York, Barbara and Jenna Bush and here in Miami, Vanessa and Alexandra Kerry."

The Kerry daughters were at the event at the American Airlines Arena; the Bush daughters appeared in a pre-recorded video.

"My sister and I are thrilled to be here tonight with you all in Florida," said Vanessa Kerry, "and to get this chance to suggest that you get involved in this election and vote -- and hopefully that you vote for our father."

MTV cameras showed some audience members apparently giving the women a standing ovation, but the mixture of boos and cheers continued.

Alexandra Kerry added that millions of young Americans can help determine the November election, "but we appreciate that in our democracy people are free to feel differently about who they vote for."

The Kerry daughters then turned around to watch, along with the MTV audience, the video of the Bush daughters.

"Hey Alexandra and Vanessa, and hey to everyone at the VMAs," said Barbara Bush.

"Jenna and I really wish we could be there, but we're in New York this week to support our dad and, as you might have guessed, we want to suggest that you vote for him in November." (Special report: America Votes 2004, the Republican convention)

Jenna Bush said, "We can all agree on the importance of voting."

MTV's broadcast turned down sounds of the audience during the playing of the video, but the vocal audience could still be heard.

The Bush twins are 22 years old. Vanessa Kerry is 27; Alexandra turns 31 on Sunday.

The boos seemed to die down and cheers took their place toward the end of the segment, when the Kerry daughters took back the floor and encouraged people to support victims of Hurricane Charley, which devastated portions of Florida earlier this month.

Vanessa Kerry said, "Despite our differences, we all agree this election and this process are important. And we all agree that all of us are part of a greater American family."

Speaking to CNN afterward, Vanessa Kerry said the booing had "scared" her, but added, "We're fighting for something so strongly, I will go up there and hear the whole arena boo if it means connecting with one person."

She also said it was "surreal" to appear at the VMAs, known for having one of the most energetic and responsive crowds of any awards show.

CNN producer Rachel Wells contributed to this report. http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/08/30/candidates.daughters/

--------------------
I keep it real because I think it is important that a highly esteemed individual such as myself keep it real lest they experience the dreaded spontaneous non-existance of no longer keeping it real. - Hagbard Celine

InvisibleKingOftheThing
the cool fool
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: Rock the Vote! Kerry is going to lose huge in this elect [Re: HagbardCeline]
    #3069152 - 08/30/04 02:43 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

bush's daughters were booed 10 seconds later... id like to call u some name but thats against forum rules. however drudge is a fucktard ball sucker who only is reporting half of the story. his website is a whacko right wing spin factory. i would question the inteligence of anyone who reads his junk.

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

#3070820 - 08/30/04 09:57 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

umm, Bush's daughters were the ones who were booed. Sorry.

Offlinewrong
Stranger
Re: Rock the Vote! Kerry is going to lose huge in this elect [Re: Phred]
    #3070847 - 08/30/04 10:06 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Edited by wrong (08/30/04 10:09 PM)

OfflineTao
Village Genius

Loc: San Diego
Re: Rock the Vote! Kerry is going to lose huge in this elect [Re: Vvellum]
    #3070912 - 08/30/04 10:22 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

link? did you watch it?

OfflineLearyfan
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
    #3070917 - 08/30/04 10:23 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

They deserved it after all they've done.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month: The Loose Enz - The Black Door

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

General Interest >> Political Discussion