Home | Community | Message Board

Myco Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Hydroponics Supplies

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineaje
Why not?
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: in some small dive
Mushrooms - no effect ... ?
    #3066441 - 08/29/04 09:31 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Has anyone ever eaten around maybe 3.5 grams of cubenesis, without really "tripping"? I ate 3.5 grams and didn't feel much more than a slight body buzz. Could I have had some bad luck with these mushrooms since they were not home grown? Are there some people who simply don't feel mushrooms, or maybe have a naturally high tolerance to them?

I'm just looking for possible reasons. I also think I may have went into the "trip" with an improper mindset, but that's something i'll have to work out on my own before my next trip.

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblekaleras
imperfectable
Re: Mushrooms - no effect ... ? [Re: aje]
    #3066501 - 08/29/04 09:46 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I've eaten 7 grams of cubes and copes and experienced nothing more than a mild body buzz and almost no visuals, while others who at 3.5 grams of the same batch tripped balls. I'm kind of looking for the same reasons you are. All I can think is that it is a mindset thing as well, though no idea how to get in a better one. Smoking beforehand may help I guess.

OfflineTyger
PeAcE

Loc: My house (Canada)
    #3067625 - 08/30/04 02:33 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

was the 8th dry or still wet??

Invisibleutopianglory
Spunkmuffin
    #3068459 - 08/30/04 11:33 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

If I had to guess I would say you were given old mushrooms that basically had lost all/most potency.

Offlineaje
Why not?
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Mushrooms - no effect ... ? [Re: Tyger]
    #3068588 - 08/30/04 12:19 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

They were dry.

--------------------

Offlinedmtrypr
psychonauticalengineer

Loc: Florida
    #3068691 - 08/30/04 12:49 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I have eaten field mushrooms in the amount you described and had only slight effects. It seems like "homegrown" mushrooms and field shrooms are tantamount to hydroponic weed compared to industrial "regs". The thing is, you usually get lots more shrooms when you go out and pick them than when you grow them, so it balances out somewhat. All I can say however is that if you eat the right amount (with enough active ingredient) then you WILL trip. They might have been dryed wrong, which could lessen the effects. Also, I find that there is usually a big difference if I have eaten food or done any other drugs recently (lessens the effect). Try to clean out your system a little bit and next time get the mushrooms yourself, get them fresh, or do some research and grow some of your own so you can play around with dosages. I don't like to go by x grams does x, which is why I decided to grow my own and figure out what I need. I spent too much money/time getting them from other sources and sometimes not even tripping to mess around anymore.

--------------------
"There is no greater power in heaven and earth than the thought of the son of man. Though unseen by the eyes of the body,yet each thought has mighty strength, even such strength can shake the heavens." -Gospel of the Essenes

Offlineaje
Why not?
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Mushrooms - no effect ... ? [Re: dmtrypr]
    #3068872 - 08/30/04 01:36 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks for the info. I know i'll definitely have to plan my next trip out a lot more. I ate these mushrooms with two other friends (they each ate 3.5 grams as well). Both said they tripped hard, one couldn't even carry a conversation with us. One could assume that since we all got these mushrooms from the same source, that they should have an even consistency of potency (assuming they were dried together). But of course, assumptions can be far from the truth.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Hydroponics Supplies

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience