Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisiblePinhead
Oregano
Male

Loc: Hootersville
Possible Chicken Mushroom?
    #3065665 - 08/29/04 03:31 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

It is critical that you describe mushrooms fully and accurately in order to get a proper identification.

A good picture of the mushrooms is invaluable.

Along with the pictures (if possible), please include the following:

a. Habitat (where [state/province/country] and what does it grow on)

Found in Western Michigan. Growing on a dead,rooted stump.I beleive the stump was Maple.
b. Characteristics of the gills (color, attached/not, gills/pores, etc)
Very small yellow orange pores
c. Measurements of cap and stem.
This specimen is about 3.5" across,no actual stem.
d. Characteristics of the stem (color, texture, hollow/solid, thin/thick, etc)
What could be called a stem was the same color/texture as the mushroom.
e. Characteristics of the cap (color, texture, conical/spherical, convex/concave, etc)
Yellow orange mass,slightly fiberous.
f. Spore print color (very important!)
Have'nt taken one.
g. Color that the mushroom bruises
Does'nt seem to bruise at all.
h. Scent of mushroom
My daughter thought that it smells like chicken, but told me that after I told her what kind of fungus I beleived it was.

I know this specimen is maybe a little past it's prime. But if it is in fact Laetiporus sulphureus I could add it to my small list of edibles I've found in Western Michigan.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
Re: Possible Chicken Mushroom? [Re: Pinhead]
    #3066377 - 08/29/04 07:12 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

It does appear to be, although both the specimen and the photos aren't in as good a condition as might be desired.

Happy mushrooming!

OfflineGSAfarmer
Mycotopian
Loc: Mycotopia
Re: Possible Chicken Mushroom? [Re: ToxicMan]
    #3067895 - 08/30/04 02:58 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I second ToxicMan's reply............peace

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds