Home | Community | Message Board

Zamnesia.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
Externalization of Diety.
    #3065045 - 08/29/04 02:34 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

The Devil. What does the Devil represent? Subtract D from the word and you have Evil, which is what the word represents, essentially. The Devil is a symbolic figure created by human beings to symbolize that which they percieve as evil.
This, is essentially an externalization of that which is rooted internally -- in human nature/the mind. They externalize the evil intricacies and aspects of human nature which has resulted in the external figure of "The Devil"..and various variations of The Devil.
So for instance, when a Christian has commited some form of negative behavior, or 'sin'... they will often make references to the Devil as having some role or influence in the said incident.. when in reality, as many often are 'blind' to, they are really symbolically referring to evil that is semi-inherent in their nature; which is a style of thought proccess that can be traced to a lack of hard-scientific knowledge, and living in the absence of access to factual information and such.

Now, then there is God. What does God represent? Add one more O in the middle, and you have Good..which is what God represents, basically speaking. People externalize God, which results in an external figure of God, with of course, human attributes that are glaringly similar to those who have externalized such intricacies of their human nature. The moment the word is uttered, a mental image is created, no longer perhaps, of an old man with a white beard (symbolic of wisdom, etc.), but still a mental representation of someone or something outside of you, and, yes, almost inevitably a male someone or something. God is essentially the human model (or archetype) of compassion, love, wisdom and all the goodness that is preached in many of the religions and such. So for exemplification; from a symbolic point of view, one can see that Christians will pray to 'God' to ask for forgiveness when they have committed sinnery or some evil incident..and they are really seeking the forgiveness from within, from the good nature of their human nature, to forgive themselves.

Could it be that the externalization of GOD is the common 'error', perhaps due to egoistic dysfunctional ties, that is the rooted cause of much strife in many religions and their dogmatic beliefs, etc.? This externalization of God basically reduces the infinite to a finite entity. The finite cannot comprehend the infinite. This gives ride to absurd beliefs, assertions, and egoic delusions, such as ?My or our God is the only true God, and your God is false,?, et cetera. A non-universal party creating a non-universal God. And certainly, God should be nothing less than Universal, correct?

This, is a much more universal:
"Being is the eternal, ever-present One Life beyond the myriad form of life that are subject to birth and death. However, Being is not only beyond but also deep within every form as its innermost and invisible and indestructible essence. This means that it is accessible to you now as your own deepest self, your true nature."

Neither God nor Being nor any other word can define or explain the ineffable reality behind the word, so the only important question is whether the word is a help or hindrance in enabling you to experience That toward which it points. Does it point beyond itself to that transcendental reality, or does it lend itself too easily to becoming no more than an idea in your head that you believe in, a mental idol?

Discuss.

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

Edited by SkorpivoMusterion (08/29/04 03:41 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
Re: Externalization of Diety. [Re: SkorpivoMusterion]
    #3070964 - 08/30/04 10:34 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Ahem...

Helllloo? echo: hello.... heloo..

Thank you all for being quite the lovely and responsive audience... :heart:

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crawling on the floor...
    #3071897 - 08/31/04 02:05 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

sometimes we have to digest a post a few units of time before we can respond. dont be discouraged, or sarcastic!

i type up posts and dont get a response until two days later usually. then everyone wants to talk about it.

Your true nature is being. their are several layers of awareness stacked up on top of it, but once you peel them back you are left with a total awareness of being.

the externalization of the two oposing deities is a symbolic reference to the morality constructed within us. i say constructed because it isnt readily apparent at birth, what evil is. it must programed into you what repitition is.

i am sleepy. my post is finished!

peace

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

:cactus:

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#3072688 - 08/31/04 06:15 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I like the idea, spelling and numerology aside.
far too much externalization means too much lack of
followthrough. god within 100% devil too.
keep up the struggle.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology