Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinehatter
addict
Re: Questions
    #306380 - 05/01/01 12:14 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

The water in the cakes is only part of the equation...Humidity in the air has as much or more to do with it.

Like BP above me said, don't take this the wrong way, but seeing an awesome pic on PF's site that happens to have kick ass shrooms with straws sticking out of it doesn't necessarily mean it's for you...I'd bet my left nut that that was a very experienced grower, and wasn't just a beginner f'n around, ya know? If you notice, he simply says 'anything is possible with PF-Tek', not try this, "this will work for Y-O-U!"

Play it smart, and good luck!

How is a raven like a writing desk?

--------------------
How is a raven like a writing desk?

How deep is the rabbit hole? To find out, go.to/FreeSporeRing

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleBrownPastures
old hand

Loc: here
Re: Questions
    #306466 - 05/01/01 02:55 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

hey homie if your looking for an experiment your better off experimenting with vermiculite-less cakes ... remember vermiculite has no nutritional value to shrooms or anything for that matter... those little PF cakes are more than half verm... that's more than half of nothing! ... i dont see why adding holes filled with verm and/or straws has anything to do with growing more or even bigger shrooms ... and anotherthing... if your trying to juice your cakes(trying to get as many flushes as possible) remember that more than 1/2 of the cake is non-nutritious to the cake so why would water make more shrooms ??? plus by like the 4th flush pf cakes have the consistency of a school eraser and are shrunken down to just the vermiculite cause the mycelium and growing fruits used up all the available NUTRITION needed to grow MORE mushrooms ...and please dont raise your voice when i'm being nice to you :smile:

Give a starving man a fish and he'll live , but teach him to fish and he'll never starve again.

Edited by BrownPastures on 05/01/01 05:02 AM.

Anonymous

Re: Questions [Re: BrownPastures]
    #306563 - 05/01/01 08:31 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Keep your humidity at the right level, you won't have to screw around with straws or any of these other rinky-dink methods.

Take a trip to the Spore Lab @:
http://www.SporeLab.com
email: getspores@sporelab.com

Offlinegaastra
enthusiast

Re: Questions [Re: ]
    #306577 - 05/01/01 08:51 AM (22 years, 10 months ago)

wisconsin kicks ass

OfflineOuterSpace
journeyman
Loc: USA
Re: Questions [Re: BrownPastures]
    #306853 - 05/01/01 05:41 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

BP - what are you, my dad (raising my voice) i was merely correcting MYSELF, bring it down a level, it was just an idea!!
i also realized that the mushrooms get h20 from 2 sources (the cakes themselves and the environment or terrarium), and considering that the mushrooms are 90% h20, h20 does have an impact on the amount of shrooms that will grow (in multiple flushes), so there is no more confusion, when the cakes are done they will be placed in a 55 gallon aquarium with a ultrasonic humidifier(couldn't find a coolmist). Eventhough it may not seem like it i appreciate all advise

OfflinePsilocybin
Re: Questions [Re: OuterSpace]
    #306901 - 05/01/01 06:34 PM (22 years, 10 months ago)

Someone has done the O2 injection thing before, didnt make any noticeable difference.
Space, I think what their trying to say is that the fancy methods for increasing the amount of H2O available wont, by itself, give you big flushes.  If you have a good method and keep the humidity at the correct level youll get within 5-10% of what those other methods do.  And for a beginner to try them you are much more likely to screw it up and produce much lower yields.
So basically dont waste your time, its not worth it.  I would go to nutritinal substrate such as millet or rye and try casings, or if your extremely daring go for a grain spawn to bulk manure, youll get much better results than playing with straws :smile:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate