Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Boomr Bag   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedolo
rapper

Loc: baltimore murdaland
any other
    #3058671 - 08/27/04 03:00 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

what other types of house hold substrate can 1 use i seen patoes and cardboard but can shrooms grow off of wheat bread or things like that i need 2 know because i dont have any supplies what so ever the only thing i have is brown rice iso what can shrooms grow off of

--------------------
every thing dolo says is just for fun and should not be takin 2 heart i don't do drugs cause im a winner listen 2 my music http://www.soundclick.com/bands/9/febmusic.htm
na mean

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePaintedDeath
The Bestest
Loc: somewhere in Texas
Re: any other [Re: dolo]
    #3058775 - 08/27/04 03:30 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

wild bird seed, rye, pop corn.

--------------------
I wanna cross The Rainbow Bridge, and see my fathers in The Golden Hall. They beckon me, to join their feast. In my dreams, I hear their call.

Offlinedolo
rapper

Re: any other [Re: PaintedDeath]
    #3058794 - 08/27/04 03:34 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

an i just take plain popcorn and thats it to grow the shrooms? im saking this beacuse i dont have that verm shit

--------------------
every thing dolo says is just for fun and should not be takin 2 heart i don't do drugs cause im a winner listen 2 my music http://www.soundclick.com/bands/9/febmusic.htm
na mean

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
    #3058812 - 08/27/04 03:38 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Rye grass seed or millit.You can also make flours out of these.

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever since.

:sun:

Offlinedolo
rapper

Re: any other [Re: KaptKid]
    #3058826 - 08/27/04 03:41 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

ok i see but my question is this .... will the shrooms grow with out the verm stuff because the popcorn is the only thing i have so with tha being said will it grow all by it self witgh out the vrem or coir stuff?????

--------------------
na mean

OfflinePaintedDeath
The Bestest
    #3058837 - 08/27/04 03:44 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

naw man, your gonna have to have a substrate. you shouldnt have a hard time getting verm. go to lowes, or go to head shops that sell bongs, pipes and growing supplies. they usually have the stuff. if you cant get verm, then you can use that coco coir, which they sell at pet supplies stores.

you can only use the popcorn in a casing as well. cant grow it as a cake i dont think. if you can get brown rice flour, see if you can get a cheap 15 dollars coffee grinder and grind the rice into a flour.

--------------------
I wanna cross The Rainbow Bridge, and see my fathers in The Golden Hall. They beckon me, to join their feast. In my dreams, I hear their call.

Offlinedolo
rapper

#3058848 - 08/27/04 03:48 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

i have brown rice that i can ground into flour so will that grow by it self

--------------------
na mean

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
Re: any other [Re: KaptKid]
    #3058849 - 08/27/04 03:48 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

KaptKid said:
Rye grass seed or millit.You can also make flours out of these.

I think you mean rye berries...

OfflinePaintedDeath
The Bestest
Re: any other [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #3058853 - 08/27/04 03:51 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

i think he might have meant, rye, grass, seed, or millet.

dolo. read the PF tek.

--------------------

Offlinedolo
rapper

Re: any other [Re: PaintedDeath]
    #3058863 - 08/27/04 03:55 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

ok it says "Brown rice powder, vermiculite and distilled water are mixed and loaded into a 1/2 pint jar, which is steam sterilized. The jar is then inoculated by the spore syringe." but i dont have the vermiculite so my question is (once again) WILL THE MUSHROOMS GROW IF I DONT USE VERMICLITE OR COIR and i only use the brf

--------------------
na mean

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #3058870 - 08/27/04 03:57 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

dolo said:
i have brown rice that i can ground into flour so will that grow by it self

with the brown rice you may want to either leave it whole or find some vermiculite if you intend to grind it... the vermiculite helps to control moisture and keep everything from clumping together, this helps promote better colonization

other options for substrate can be even cheaper, popcorn, wild birdseed and most other whole grains, but with these you will probably want to read up on casing

Offlinedolo
rapper

#3058883 - 08/27/04 04:01 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

ok so i can take brown rice put a lil water in it and put it in a jar, boil it and icc it then hope 4 the best huh

--------------------
na mean

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #3058937 - 08/27/04 04:23 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

yes.. its best to boil it for 2 or 3 minutes.. then allow it to soak for about 20, drain off the excess water and allow to drain in a collander for about 30 minutes... load your jars ban after putting on the lid tap it on a table top a few times... PC or boil (since rice has no hull it's a safe method) for athe alloted time and allow to cool and inoccualte...

Offlinedolo
rapper

#3058942 - 08/27/04 04:26 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

thanks a hella lot prisoner 1 your so fucking smart thats why your name is green :wink: :thumbup:

--------------------
na mean

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #3058983 - 08/27/04 04:36 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I just read other peoples work and repeat the majority of it... the only thing I'm really sucessful at growing is Cobweb mold  :grin:

good luck...

Invisiblecricket
Lord Cricket
Male User Gallery

Loc: in my house, in front of ...
Re: Pasta with mushrooms [Re: dolo]
    #3061305 - 08/28/04 07:41 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Pasta works great. I have used elbow macaroni in the past. I'm curious how it compares to a jar of rotini.

The trick is to leave it a little undercooked. I cook it untill it just gets soft. strain, towel dry, load jars, Then PC. Inocculate as you would with whole grain.
I have used a bottom layer of verm to catch extra water. I found that you don't need it if towel drying.

Once you PC the noodels you will not be able to shake the jars. It doesn't seem to matter much, with all the gaps between the noodles the myc will eat through it in no time.

--------------------
I tried to leave my signature but it didn't work...
By the way... Does anybody know how to get sharpie markers off of a computer screen?

Edited by cricket (08/28/04 09:15 AM)

Invisiblecricket
Lord Cricket
Male User Gallery

Loc: in my house, in front of ...
Re: Something else that works... [Re: cricket]
    #3061378 - 08/28/04 08:58 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

(THIS METHOD IS TESTED)
You can take corn tortillas, stack them with 1/8 inch jiffy mix, verm, or even potting soil, between each one untill you get a stack around 2-2.5 inches thick. Wrap this in two layers of tinfoil and PC. After it cools inoculate through the foil, spaced about every 2 inches. Wrap in one more layer of foil and incubate for 4 weeks. Unwrap, dunk, and place in fruiting chamber.

I have worked on bread teks, but I have had some trouble. Bread is not sterile. It is cooled in open air before it is sliced and bagged. I have not found a good way to resterilize with out drying it out or turning it into mush by adding water. I plan to try baking my own loaves in a turkey bag.
Pipe in tyvek filtered air and this should maintain a sterile environment for colonization, and double as a fruiting chamber.

Experiment. Have fun. Try new shit. It's the best way to learn.

--------------------
I tried to leave my signature but it didn't work...
By the way... Does anybody know how to get sharpie markers off of a computer screen?

Offlinedolo
rapper

Re: Something else that works... [Re: cricket]
    #3061394 - 08/28/04 09:11 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

wow u guy r extra smart thanks

--------------------
na mean

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Boomr Bag   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds