Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

PhytoExtractum Shop: Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
Al Reuters does it again.
    #3051119 - 08/25/04 11:08 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
Re: Al Reuters does it again. [Re: Phred]
    #3051194 - 08/25/04 11:21 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I guess according to Reuters, 'Bush' is synonymous with 'truth.'  :wink:

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

OfflineMilkyMedia
Lost Soul

#3051487 - 08/26/04 12:24 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

did Bush receive the letter? If so, what was his reaction?

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: Al Reuters does it again. [Re: MilkyMedia]
    #3052027 - 08/26/04 03:42 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I heard on the radio, so no source and no confirmation from other sources that a Bush rep, can't think of his name.... tried to accept the letter but Max refused to give it to him. At that point Max rolled back to the reporters.

Edit: I'm reading the news this morning and seeing (so far) no mention of what I heard. I'll look some more.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Edited by luvdemshrooms (08/26/04 03:47 AM)

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: Al Reuters does it again. [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #3052051 - 08/26/04 04:03 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Well, after a bit of looking....

Jerry Patterson, the Texas state land commissioner and a U.S. Marine who served in 1972-73, greeted the duo and handed back to Cleland and Rassmann a letter for Kerry signed by Reps. Duncan Hunter, chairman of the House Armed Services Committee; Randy "Duke" Cunningham, R-Calif., who spent 21 years in the Navy and Sam Johnson, R-Texas, who spent 28 years in the Air Force. Others who signed the letter are Robert O'Malley and James Fleming, who both received Medals of Honor for their service in the Marine Corps during Vietnam, retired Lt. Col. Richard Castle and Lt. Gen. Dave Palmer, a former superintendent at West Point. Officials said the two men were to be invited into the staff compound at the president's ranch and offered a discussion with Palmer and Patterson.

Patterson claims that Cleland refused to give him the Democrats' letter to Bush.

web page

Sounds like only 4 people were there so we'll never know what happened behind closed doors.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Edited by luvdemshrooms (08/26/04 04:08 AM)

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#3052070 - 08/26/04 04:14 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Aha! A second linked source.

Upon his arrival at the ranch, Cleland -- who lost both legs and an arm during the Vietnam War -- was met by Texas Land Commissioner Jerry Patterson, himself a Vietnam veteran.

Patterson said Bush had asked him to accept the letter from Cleland. But the Georgia Democrat refused to hand it over. Instead, he said he wanted to deliver the letter personally to Bush or, barring that, to a member of the Secret Service. When he succeeded at neither, Cleland took the message to the news media.

web page

What a surprise.... political grandstanding. Well, you gotta give the Dems credit..... sending a triple amputee. They'd have got more mileage from the stunt had Cleland handed over the letter. Now he looks like the boy who took his ball and went home because he didn't like the way the game was going.

--------------------

OfflineJesusChrist
Son Of God
    #3053585 - 08/26/04 01:08 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I think it would have been funny if Bush would have sent out another amputee to read his views. I know it is bad humor, but they use the image of Cleland for political gain. Had the Republicans wheeled out some invalid to make a prepared response their would have been predictable outrage, but it would have been the height of dark comedy. Could you imagine?

Maybe they could have gotten into a one armed scuffle that is only decided when one of the stumps falls out of the chair and hits the ground.

I apologize in advance for my bad taste.

--------------------
Tastes just like chicken

OfflineTao
Village Genius

Loc: San Diego
Re: Al Reuters does it again. [Re: JesusChrist]
    #3053593 - 08/26/04 01:11 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

CRIPPLE FIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OfflineZahid
Stranger
    #3053879 - 08/26/04 02:38 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

What's 'Al Reauters'?

--------------------

OfflineWorf
Lt. Commander

Loc: Final Frontier
    #3054551 - 08/26/04 05:42 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

But they ARE swift boat vets for bush. They are definately not non-partisan.

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
Re: Al Reuters does it again. [Re: Worf]
    #3055958 - 08/26/04 10:28 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Actually, they are non-partisan. They are not for Bush, they are against Kerry. As John O'Neill writes:

"The Swift boat veterans who joined our group come in all political flavors: independents, Republicans, Democrats and other more subtle variations. Had another person been the presidential candidate of the Democrats, our group never would have formed. Had Mr. Kerry been the Republican candidate, each of us would still be here.

"We do not take direction from the White House or the president's re-election committee, and our efforts would continue even if President Bush were to ask us directly to stop."

and

"I have been charged with being a Republican shill. But for more than 30 years, I have been non-political, and have voted for as many Democrats as Republicans. In truth, I consider myself a political independent, regardless of how John Kerry and his supporters try to characterize me."

http://www.opinionjournal.com/editorial/feature.html?id=110005536

pinky

--------------------

OfflineZahid
Stranger
    #3056361 - 08/27/04 12:28 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I think it's pretty obvious SBVF is cheering for Dubya.

--------------------

OfflineJesusChrist
Son Of God
    #3056806 - 08/27/04 02:47 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I can see why a lifelong democrat who is a vietnam vet could be in that group. Those guys have a reason to be pissed.

I have read the full transcript of John Kerry's 1971 testimony before the Senate. It is 40 pages long. That man has never been at a loss for words.

That is the reason that those guys hate him. Plenty of Americans have exaggerated war stories. That is a story as old as our country itself. It is what he did to those men after he left them that makes them angry, not any of the real swiftboat action.

If John Kerry had accused me of being a war criminal, and met with my enemies while I was still fighting them, I would gladly sign an affidavit that he raped my own mother. I honestly believe they have democrats, republicans and independents in that group. They hate him for a reason other than the current political landscape. They hate him because what he did over 30 years ago bordered on treason. These are old wounds that run deep. The Swifties have a right to have their voice heard, and I support them.

Jane Fonda and John Kerry both met with our enemies while our young men were still on the ground. Would you vote for Jane Fonda? If not, why in the hell would you vote for John Kerry, especially in a time of war?

--------------------
Tastes just like chicken

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #3056823 - 08/27/04 02:55 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

As John O'Neill writes:

And you believe him? :rolleyes:

But for more than 30 years, I have been non-political

Yet he suddenly raises this issue a couple of months before the election. Yep, John sure sounds believable.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: Al Reuters does it again. [Re: Xlea321]
    #3058592 - 08/27/04 02:39 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

If the fucking cunt hadn't brought this up AS THE MAIN FOCUS of his campaign they would probably still be quietly voting for Bush. Shit, if I had known what a scumcunt he was and was happily living in Texas and the Massachusetts idiots kept electing the two most egregious bastards (both murderers) to ever serve in the Senate I probably would've kept my self out of the papers and chuckled about the stupid Northeastern Liberal "elite" (I wish I could write that in smaller letters). But if you run for president you are one hundred percent fair game and you had better have your shit together. Why, oh why has this asshole not mentioned one fucking thing about his Senate history or his actual plans for his presidency? Because he is a vacant paper hanger, that's why.

--------------------

OfflineZahid
Stranger
Re: Al Reuters does it again. [Re: zappaisgod]
    #3058641 - 08/27/04 02:52 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

You don't sound 48.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: Al Reuters does it again. [Re: Zahid]
    #3058643 - 08/27/04 02:53 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I'm not. I'm only 47.

--------------------

OfflineZahid
Stranger
    #3058736 - 08/27/04 03:19 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Sooner or later you're gonna dance with the reaper.  :tongue2:

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: Al Reuters does it again. [Re: Zahid]
    #3058810 - 08/27/04 03:38 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

As are we all. Work on your steps now.

--------------------

OfflineZahid
Stranger
    #3059070 - 08/27/04 04:59 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Haha that's a good one.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

PhytoExtractum Shop: Buy Bali Kratom Powder