Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineshaman2b
Just anotherfreethinker
 User Gallery

Loc: in my head
Trip Report, 4g, Aug 25
    #3058037 - 08/27/04 02:21 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

On Wednesday I ate 4g dry of some lovely Mexi-cubs that were harvested last week.  They were consumed in some soup around 11:45am.  It was a creamy-cheesy soup.  Bad idea.

When my body was cooperating, the experience was amazing.  I have never tripped so hard in my life.  Usually I?ve done no more than about 2.5 to 3g. 

Things really started to get going around 1:30 or so, but I?m not really sure what time it was.  The closed-eye visuals were SO strong, that I had to stop the music for a while.  Too much sensory input.  Even the sound of a fan was incorporated into my visuals.  I suddenly realized that my heart was beating faster than normal, so I started to do meditative breathing exercises and some gentle arm hand movements to help center myself and control my breathing and pulse.  The tai-chi/yoga approach was very cool and also impacted my visuals.  But then a wave of stomach distress hit me and sent me into a brief tailspin.  Next time I will make tea instead and fast for a few hours ahead of time.

Back to the visuals.  Laying on my bed with my eyes closed seemed somewhat restrictive.  I wanted to be able to have my eyes open, but with a blank slate in front of me.  So I went into the closet and laid on the floor, but then there was no light at all hitting my eyelids, so it was too dark and the images were not well-illuminated.  I was thinking that a comfortable eye mask with a translucent screen over the eyes would be the perfect thing to have.  Then I can watch my movie in total comfort with good lighting and contrast.

So I went back into the light.  Imagery was in full color, three-dimensional, and had an ?extruded? look about it, as if everything was coming out of a Play-doh machine.  The imagery came toward me as if through a wormhole of sorts.  Many shapes were geometric, but incorporated into the geometry were recognizable faces of people and animals.  Not in a photographic sense, but like a watercolor or pastel drawing.  These images were also morphing as they came closer.

Some music that had worked well for me on lower doses had a somewhat different effect on me this time.  Of particular note is Sacred Drum Visions.  Man, that is some powerful shit.  I felt like the drums were testing me to see how much I could handle.  And I decided, okay you bastard, bring it on!  So I gritted me teeth and held on for dear life.  The visuals were not frightening, they were just so intense that I couldn?t take it all in at the speed they were coming to me.

It was so intense that I felt myself being pushed into the bed, as if I needed to hold on to something as I flew through the universe.  So I opened my eyes to get off of this spaceship for a while.

I went outside and sat in my Adirondack chair.  I leaned back, looked at the sky, turned on my music again, and started on another ride.  It was a beautiful day, nice clouds to work with.  After a while I closed my eyes again, and had to hold on to the arms of my chair for the same reasons described above.

It was getting a bit warm, and I needed to be more comfortable.  So, back inside.  My mind told me that I wanted someone I care about and who cares about me to be here, and it was bothering me again that I did not plan better for a sitter to be with me.  So I tried to put on my Sade concert video and watch the ?Kiss of Life? song.  Sade seems like a happy person, and the people in the audience are having such a good time.  It seemed like the perfect thing for a lone tripper.  But I could not handle my devices.  The DVD menus on that thing are SO slow, and I was using a somewhat unfamiliar remote.  I became very frustrated and once again realized I needed my sitter to help with such things.

One of the things I find helpful is my purple pen.  A long time ago I learned this from a fellow trip-buddy.  So I got out my notebook and my purple pen and sat it next to me to jot down Important Things.  This was useful to help me organize my thoughts and keep from doing something stupid, like answering the phone.  Number one on my list was that I needed my sitter.  Number two was that there were only three people on the planet that I was allowed to talk to at the moment, and all were unavailable.

I ended up leaving a message on my s/o?s cell as a heads-up if arriving home early.  And then I unplugged the telephone.  I also realized I should not be on the internet at this point and unplugged the net cable.  This whole little episode was a waste of time, and a waste of my trip.  If I had my sitter or was tripping with someone, it would not have been an issue.

I sat down at the computer to try to write down what was happening, and as usual Mac Word was pissing me off.  So I switched to the PC.  I set the font to 18-point to make things easier.  Wow.  This was cool.  The keys on the keyboard seemed oversized, like one of those fisher-price toy telephones with giant buttons.  It was okay, though, because my fingers were matched up well, and I found it satisfying to be able to type.  Very strange/cool.  I started laughing.

By now I was more in control of my thought processes, and the visuals had calmed down enough that I could function.  It was about 4:30 at this point and I was at the tail end of the experience.

At around 5:30 I thought all visuals were over.  That is, until I sat and looked at things closely.  Tree bark.  Wood grain in the bedroom ceiling.  Plaster walls.  Neat shit.  Mild, but cool.

I was pretty much back to ?normal? by about 7pm.  My body was very tired and I had some minor lower back pain.

All in all, I'm glad I went for a ride, but also learned a few things as one hopes to do from each voyage.  You shroomers that go beyond 4g, I'd like to know how you do it.  Right now I think this is about as much as I can handle.  Maybe it would be different if I go the tea method and make sure I have a sitter....

Hope you guys enjoy this little report  :tripping: :weirdeyes: :laugh: :mushroom2:

S2b

--------------------
I am merely transcribing the thoughts of my blind buddy; none of the things I write originate with me. :wink:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinephractal
Stranger
Re: Trip Report, 4g, Aug 25 [Re: shaman2b]
    #3058118 - 08/27/04 02:41 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Nice trip report.

peace

Edited by phractal (08/27/04 02:42 PM)

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #3058256 - 08/27/04 03:08 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Now I have to listen to Sacred Drum Visions!

Thanks for sharing about your trip!  :heart:

Offlineshaman2b
Just anotherfreethinker
 User Gallery

Re: Trip Report, 4g, Aug 25 [Re: MOTH]
    #3078198 - 09/01/04 03:58 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks for the feedback... I PM'd you about the Drum Visions thing...

Some of the peeps here probably think I'm weird, esp b/c of the Sade stuff.  Too mellow for the trip-hop & goa crowd...  but it is great!  A little older now and my tastes have changed along with many other things...

:jammingout: :drumming:

Offlinelarksinc
Stranger
    #7354680 - 08/31/07 04:27 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

i know it's been a long time since, but i was just curious:

i followed your grow log of those fine mexicans because i've wanted to grow some of my own. i've read that mexicans give a "cleaner" kind of trip, what i imagine is not as "muddy" as the average or more typical strain.

so, how would you compare this strain to other strains you have grown and experienced?

:mushroom2:

Edited by larksinc (08/31/07 04:28 AM)

Offlineshaman2b
Just anotherfreethinker
 User Gallery

#7356078 - 08/31/07 03:37 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Wow, that has been a long time! I had to chuckle re-reading my report, and it reminds me that I am due for another journey.

Regarding your question, the only differentiator that I am aware of is the relative potency of the particular strain. I mainly like the Mexi-cubs because they are pretty easy to grow. I had a little difficulty with some other strains that are more temperamental with conditions.

My strain experience is limited to Mexi, B+, EQ, and Thai Koh. My baseline test is with about 3.5g of whatever strain, and they all seem pretty comparable. Every time it's like seeing an old friend. At less than 2.5g it seems like a waste of time, and much over 3.5 is a very busy day indeed.

I might add that when ingesting via tea, the come-up is faster and the peak is shorter. Other methods tend to prolong all phases.

S2b

--------------------
I am merely transcribing the thoughts of my blind buddy; none of the things I write originate with me. :wink:

Offlineeastcoastremedy
Minister of LazyLimbs
Male User Gallery

Loc: appalachia
    #7356566 - 08/31/07 06:24 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

shaman2b said:
I was thinking that a comfortable eye mask with a translucent screen over the eyes would be the perfect thing to have. Then I can watch my movie in total comfort with good lighting and contrast.

Good point, bro. I love early afternoon trips, where I can watch the sunset just as I'm starting to come down a bit and am feeling more pensive. The most important piece of equipment (other than a bowl and come cheebas,) are my shades. Not only do they make it easier on your eyes, but they help you keep a low profile when you have to move and walk around people (like on the metro.)

--------------------
[

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience