Home | Community | Message Board

FreeSpores.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Rye Grain

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblesporechase13
journeyman
 User Gallery

Loc: Pergatory
MycroBag,Shelf life?From experiance. *DELETED*
    #3057111 - 08/27/04 09:20 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Post deleted by sporechase13

--------------------
Why did I eat to many,now I have falling and I cant get up.For now I have seen both heaven and,hell.Come with me and,eat flesh of the gods.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Re: MycroBag,Shelf life?From experiance. [Re: sporechase13]
    #3057135 - 08/27/04 09:44 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Well are you talking about before or after sterilization???? Im assuming after, i haven't seen bags sit around for too long. But i have cooked ry jars and left then sitting in a dry cool place for about 3 weeks without any problems. Why dont you want to innoculate them right away??? And myabe storing them under refridgeration wouldnt be a bad idea.

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

Invisiblesporechase13
journeyman
 User Gallery

Loc: Pergatory
Re: MycroBag,Shelf life?From experiance. [Re: hawksapprentice]
    #3057166 - 08/27/04 10:05 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks for your reply(why not innoc.) Closet cultivator here.Jumped the gun on my purchase of rye bag.The kids were not back in school yet and,not much alone time here.I guess it was the fact that I was away from the hobby for a long time and,after comming back to the old friend The Shroomery I got a little excited.

--------------------
Why did I eat to many,now I have falling and I cant get up.For now I have seen both heaven and,hell.Come with me and,eat flesh of the gods.

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
    #3057219 - 08/27/04 10:30 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Were these pre sterilized bags??? Either way your probably good for awhile.

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

OfflinepsilocyberV
old hand

#3058125 - 08/27/04 02:42 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I've had bags sit on the shelf here at the office and then be inoculated 12 months later and they still produce healthy strong mycelium. If the bag succumbs to mold infection because of prolonged storage, you'll know it before injection because the thing will have turned funny colors on the inside.

But we've seen then still work a year after they were manufactured and still be fine. Of course it really helps if they have been stored in a stable environment that isn't too dry because low relative humidity in the air can actually "wick" moisture out of the bag (so storage lengths may be a lot shorter in most of places like Arizona and Nevada).

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Rye Grain

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation