Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Coir, Peat, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1

Question about casing substrate
    #3056067 - 08/27/04 01:11 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I'm extremely disappointed in the chat rooms. I ask a simple question and can't even get a straight yes or no answer. I've wathced others ask questions and alls they get is a quick response saying GO READ. I've been reading these forums and mycotopia's forums for 3 months. I've been reading on casings, been reading logs, looking at pictures, everything, so i'm fairly versed. However, it seems the goal of the chatrooms is to see whos ePenis is bigger... and the age old kindergaten popularity contest of "How old are you?"

Anyways, venting out of the way, I was wondering, if I could use a simple casing set up, vermiculite on the bottom, and then a sterilized prepared manure substrate between that and the colonized grain for sort of a nutrient level, and then the usual vermiculite on top... If that would have any effect on flushes/output/growth size or time. Thank you and hopefully I get a more educated response. This is my first post and though i've done some research i'm fairly new, and i have experimental questions, and also some great ideas I plan to pursue and put in the pictures/logs section once I get some experience. Thanks again.... and be gentle with the flaming, i'm highly volatile.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: Question about casing substrate [Re: turtlesurfer]
    #3056379 - 08/27/04 02:34 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

You could use moist vermiculite at the bottom, then mixed manure and grain spawn(manure would have to be pasteurized and the correct water level) and then a casing on top(vermiculite or peat or coco coir or mixes thereof). More information here:

Offlineshirley knott
not my real name
 User Gallery
Loc: London
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Question about casing substrate [Re: turtlesurfer]
    #3056956 - 08/27/04 06:57 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

:rotfl: penis size

true dat. #cultivation used to be full of cultivation questions, but these days it's a free for all. if you see me in there i'll always help ya.

p.s.  :rockets: :pimpslap: damn newbs

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Coir, Peat, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation