Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDarcho
PhysicallyDetermined

Re: toxic shrooms [Re: Rose]
    #3051950 - 08/26/04 03:10 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

What if you took medication that increased the amount of serotonin that is produced in the brain, and then ate some mushrooms? WOuld you be super happy?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinesillysimon
PermanentPalinopsia

Loc: i have an STD,its HPPD ...
Re: toxic shrooms [Re: Darcho]
    #3051977 - 08/26/04 03:21 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

well most of that medication does the same thing just in a different way.. so..maybe...but i doubt it, if you take away some of the serotonin in the brain you trick it into producing more..like ritlain=kiddie-crack, all anti-depressants are placebos, they may in fact help peopl stabilize the chemicals in the brain but that is just because the individual is depriving THEMSELF of it.. we have complete control over the way we feel.. every feeling is also chemical, so we have the ability to alter our emotion by thinking, as simple as that.

if you did all that to your serotonin, chances are you will be depressed for a day or two after....

--------------------
In the dawn my toes are cold They spread their little trinkets on the ground In the hall By the closet door They creep into my bed without sound On a cube In a plastic egg A hundred fabric figures in a pile See them march Toward me And dance across the floor trippily Little faces keep no track of time Little faces speaking out in rhyme Little faces smiling in my mind Tiny doors For walking through sticky fingers clutch forbidden things the phone For talking through Sinking ships On a foamy sea That tumbles from the motion of filthy Little hands In the dark When eyes are wide listen to secrets that I tell In a ball On tiny beds Or beneath them where the shadow people dwell moon Beams split the night Leave bars of yellow pasted on their faces As they drift into a dream

Invisiblemyndreach
philosopher
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: toxic shrooms [Re: KrissKross]
    #3051990 - 08/26/04 03:26 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Welcome friend!

Homegrown shrooms are

1 - often more potent than wild grown
and
2 - less likely to be toxic, as you know exactly what you have grown, while in the wild, it could be something that is a look-alike shroom

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
    #3052308 - 08/26/04 07:09 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Cervantes, mushrooms do affect your liver and kidneys. While psilocybin may not be the culprit there are other alkaloids in cubensis and other psilocybin containing mushrooms that after long term exposure negativley effect your kindeys and liver quite a bit. To say they are VERY safe to eat is going out on a limb.

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Re: toxic shrooms [Re: hawksapprentice]
    #3052312 - 08/26/04 07:13 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Show me one report of someone dying from liver failure... or kidney failure because they were eating cubes.

I'll eat crow if I must.

Until I see this proof, I'll stick with my statement about the salt and niccotine.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
    #3052334 - 08/26/04 07:21 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Regardless of wether you want to be ignorant or not, eating shrooms once wont do it. But to sit there and say they have no effect is ignorant. Id like anno to post those stats she has about all the other things mushrooms contain. Long term use of almost any drug, including things like tylenol and aleve which we buy over the counter, cause liver ad kidney damage.

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

Edited by hawksapprentice (08/26/04 07:29 AM)

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Re: toxic shrooms [Re: hawksapprentice]
    #3055199 - 08/26/04 07:30 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Anno's a man.

Don't worry, he doesn't mind.

Again, shrooms are a LITTLE toxic... but too much of ANYTHING is bad.

When I talk about toxicity, I am concerned about things that can kill or physically harm me... have shrooms ever killed, or physically harmed anyone?

Links?

I only ask for links because, while shroms are a little toxic, everything we eat is a little toxic.

Toxic implies poison. Have magic shrooms ever poisoned anyone?

Until I hear of a report where someone has been poisoned by magic shrooms (let's say cubes), I will maintain that Cubes are VERY safe to eat.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: toxic shrooms [Re: KrissKross]
    #3055250 - 08/26/04 07:40 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

punch your friend for me

now punch him again

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale