Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleKingOftheThing
the cool fool
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: ahahahha i really love when right-wingers [Re: Ancalagon]
    #3055209 - 08/26/04 07:31 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

i would vote nader but im in a swing state sooo kerry has my vote

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
Re: ahahahha i really love when right-wingers [Re: KingOftheThing]
    #3055342 - 08/26/04 08:07 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

What the man said was self-rightoues protestors shouldn't run amuck diverting law enforcements attention from stopping terrorist attacks. He never he said he was against the right to protest, he simply said that you have to be fucking stupid and irresponsible to fuck with the police when there is a terror threat against the city.

Makes sense to me. Protest all you want, but when it can possibly endanger other peoples lives you are being irresponsible and unethical.

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Re: ahahahha i really love when right-wingers [Re: silversoul7]
    #3055362 - 08/26/04 08:13 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

silversoul7 said:
Ya, the libertarians could only replace the Republicans if the religious and militant right became so marginallized as to be in the same kind of numbers as skinheads and anarchists.

Just what "militant right" are you talking about? Am I part of the 'militant right'? Do I deserve to be marginalized? Do Christians deserve to be marginalized because they don't believe what you do? It sounds like are comparing people like me to skinheads and anarchists.

I sure hope you aren't saying what it sounds like. :mad2:

OfflineZahid
Stranger
Re: ahahahha i really love when right-wingers [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #3055380 - 08/26/04 08:18 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

The right wing is militant by nature.

--------------------

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #3055387 - 08/26/04 08:20 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Divided_Sky said:
Quote:

silversoul7 said:
Ya, the libertarians could only replace the Republicans if the religious and militant right became so marginallized as to be in the same kind of numbers as skinheads and anarchists.

Just what "militant right" are you talking about? Am I part of the 'militant right'? Do I deserve to be marginalized? Do Christians deserve to be marginalized because they don't believe what you do? It sounds like are comparing people like me to skinheads and anarchists.

I sure hope you aren't saying what it sounds like. :mad2:

I have no qualms with you personally, but I have to say that some of your beliefs scare me, not because they are outlandish but precisely because they are so tragically common.  I do not think you or people who think like you are as bad as skinheads.  I was merely saying that this country would be better off if the number of neocons and Christian moralists was about the same as the number of skinheads.  And by "militant right," I was referring to those who embrace interventionist foreign policies, so ya, I guess I would have to put you in that group.  Sorry.  Nothing personal.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: ahahahha i really love when right-wingers [Re: Zahid]
    #3055390 - 08/26/04 08:21 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Zahid said:
The right wing is militant by nature.

Are libertarians right-wing?

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

InvisibleKingOftheThing
the cool fool
 User Gallery

#3055399 - 08/26/04 08:23 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

libertarians seem middle of the road to me, at least their candidate is, socially liberal and fiscally conservative

InvisibleKingOftheThing
the cool fool
 User Gallery

#3055402 - 08/26/04 08:24 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

he said they shouldnt be protesting in the first place because it stops cops from preventing terrorism...its scary when people start using terrorism as an excuse to hand over rights

OfflineZahid
Stranger
    #3055423 - 08/26/04 08:29 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Socially, no.

--------------------

OfflineZahid
Stranger
    #3055428 - 08/26/04 08:31 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Yup.

--------------------

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

#3055439 - 08/26/04 08:34 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Well guys, I'd better go burn some crosses and knockover a liqour store now.  :rolleyes:

It's not right-wingers that blow up businesses to 'save the trees', it's not right wingers that trashed Seattle at the WTO meeting, and every other city with a WTO, G8, or Republican event.

I went with some of my left wing freinds to a protest to support Leonard Peltier. While I was there I learned that his group the American Indian Movement, was a paramilitary anti-government organization. As I stood there their spokesman called for the overthrow of the government of the 'white colonial, invaders' through violent means and then went on to praise Hezbollah and children raised to 'fight the oppressor' with explosive belts.

It's the left that sympathizes with murderers like Peltier and Mumia. The left are the ones who sympathize with Palestinian terrorists, and would rather have Saddam Hussein around than George Bush. To call us militant and then agree with Noam Chomsky, who supported Pol Pot for godsakes, is like the pot calling the kettle black.

And lest we forget, the candidate from the right is not a confessed war criminal running as a hero and a patriot.

InvisibleKingOftheThing
the cool fool
 User Gallery

#3055449 - 08/26/04 08:39 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

jesus walks

OfflineZahid
Stranger
    #3055454 - 08/26/04 08:39 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Divided_Sky said:
Well guys, I'd better go burn some crosses and knockover a liqour store now.  :rolleyes:

It's not right-wingers that blow up businesses to 'save the trees', it's not right wingers that trashed Seattle at the WTO meeting. I went with some of my left wing freinds to a protest to support Leonard Peltier. While I was there I learned that his group the American Indian Movement, was a paramilitary anti-government organization. As I stood there their spokesman called for the overthrow of the government of the 'white colonial, invaders' through violent means and then went on to praise Hezbollah and children raised to 'fight the oppressor' with explosive belts.

It's the left that sympathizes with murderers like Peltier and Mumia. The left are the ones who sympathize with Palestinian terrorists, and would rather have Saddam Hussein around than George Bush. To call us militant and then agree with Noam Chomsky, who supported Pol Pot for godsakes, is like the pot calling the kettle black.

And lest we forget, the candidate from the right is not a confessed war criminal running as a hero and a patriot.

:rotfl:

--------------------

InvisibleKingOftheThing
the cool fool
 User Gallery

#3055458 - 08/26/04 08:40 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

he's as bad as Redo ...cant even believe he's a phish phan

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

#3055574 - 08/26/04 09:03 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I'm not very suprised you fail to see the double standard. Lefties call Palestinians that blow up kids on buses with explosive belts 'freedom fighters' and Iraqis who kill dozens of their own people in terrorist attack 'minute men', and then you call me a militant.

And again, the left coddles up to cop killers, people who want to overthrow the US government, eco-terrorists, oppose removing Saddam Hussein, damn near worship a man who gets published by Neo-Nazis and gives a thumb up to Cambodian genocide, and then you call me a militant?

You can laugh at me all you want and call me ignorant, but those are the facts. Considering the far-fetched stuff some you guys believe it doesn't really suprise me that you won't listen to a damn things I say.

Edited by Divided_Sky (08/26/04 09:16 PM)

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

#3055583 - 08/26/04 09:07 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

KingOftheThing said:
he said they shouldnt be protesting in the first place because it stops cops from preventing terrorism...its scary when people start using terrorism as an excuse to hand over rights

It's scary when people abuse their rights to the point where it endangers other citizens. There is a difference between handing over rights and excercising them with prudence. You don't shout 'fire' in a crowded theater, and you shouldn't divert law enforcement officers when there has been evidence of a terrorist plot against your city.

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

#3055728 - 08/26/04 09:33 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

silversoul7 said:

I have no qualms with you personally, but I have to say that some of your beliefs scare me, not because they are outlandish but precisely because they are so tragically common.

I think for myself. I am a Buddhist, a vegetarian, a musician, a writer, who loves the outdoors, supports recycling, land-conservation and who at least tries to look at the issues objectively. And despite all of that I'm not a liberal. All of my freinds are are . You would be very mistaken to label my views as commonplace or nieve.
If you have any respect for me as a poster or as a thinker in general you should also consider that perhaps I do think critically about issues and come to the conclusions that I do in a rational way. If I don't strike you as an ignorant or dumb person, why would you think that I form my opinions out of ignorance, peer pressure, or lack of intelligence?

It bothers me when people judge my character based on my political views, rather than judge my political views based on my character.

Edited by Divided_Sky (08/27/04 01:06 AM)

OfflineZahid
Stranger
    #3056386 - 08/27/04 12:36 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

When has a Democrat ever considered Hamas bombers 'freedom fighters'?

--------------------

OfflineZahid
Stranger
    #3056393 - 08/27/04 12:39 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

I think for myself. I am Buddhist vegetarian musician

:rotfl: :sleep:

--------------------

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

#3056440 - 08/27/04 12:50 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Zahid said:
When has a Democrat ever considered Hamas bombers 'freedom fighters'?

I was not speaking in terms of parties, but rather the political spectrum. I said 'liberals', and I know and have encountered many liberals and liberal groups, such as the American Indian Movement, who believe that suicide bombings are a legitimate response to 'Zionist Occupation'. Admittedly many of these people are more 'radical' than liberal, but I believe there is very similar sentiment on this board.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale