Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1

Loc: The Cannabis State
Tub in Tub Question...
    #3054728 - 08/26/04 08:14 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Ok, foaf is going to be doing the tub-in-tub. He's wondering, since there is water in there, and there's going to be heat from a fish tank heater, wont the water evaporate out of the top part where they are apart? He's putting 4 coffee cups in between them, because they come to close together when they are just inside each other.

If you understood that, please reply. Thank You... :smile: :smile: :smile:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator

Re: Tub in Tub Question... [Re: FreshCaps]
    #3054762 - 08/26/04 08:21 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah,the water will slowly evaporate so you will need to monitor the water level and keep it at the desired level. I think it is a good idea to somewhat take advantage of the fact that the tubs fit together so nicely by forcing the tub that is floating on the water down and securing it to the bottome tub with something like a ziptie. This forces water up around the sides of the tub and gives more surface area of the inner tub exposure to the heated water. This just helps to maintain a more even temp throughout the inccubation chamber than just having the bottom of the tub exposed to the heat.

Good Luck!

Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Tub in Tub Question... [Re: FreshCaps]
    #3055170 - 08/26/04 09:22 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Incubator set up.

1. First thing get your bottom tub and put in your heater. I also add a water pump to mix the water that way it heats up much more evenly but it isn?t a necessary item. I got the tape from a boat shop and it has been working for some time. Good stuff for underwater.

2. Next put something (I used tall half pints) in each corner of the tub. This will keep the heater and pump safe from being smashed if I put in to many jars or do something stupid.

3. Now be sure to set the heater before you put on the top tub. I attach the top tub with zip ties cause the top tub will want to float.

4. Add the water. I like to add as much water as I can before it starts to spill out.

5. If you use the heaters with the external controls set them now to get ready for the jars. Mine use a dial and a sensor that gives the temp inside the chamber rather then the water. It also has a metal bulb rather then a glass one.

6. Finished

All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation