Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Male User Gallery

Loc: London
    #3054546 - 08/26/04 07:41 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Some dreams I have seem to happen exactly or similarly in real life however some are completely random and stupid let alone real. I have always thought that dreams are just your brain trying to make sense of random impulses sent while you sleep, but then how come some come true. interested in hearing other peoples theories on dreams and their relation to real life.

Its only after you've lost everything that you're free to do anything.

You got the gun, I got a plant. Who's the criminal?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
Re: dreams [Re: n0xious]
    #3054730 - 08/26/04 08:14 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

ha ha,

I "knew" someone was going to post on this today. This morning, a friend called and was telling me about how this happens to her brother and he finally started taking some dreams a little seriously. 5 days ago he had a dream that a flight he was scheduled to take was going to crash. He told his mom about it. She said she would drive him to the airport instead of him taking his own car to alter the event and change it's course a tad. So, he flew out yesterday and half way to his destination, the small comuter plane flew into a bad storm being blown to its side, into steep drops and was just thrown violently all about until the pilot turned around and landed at a different airport. They had to hire vans to take everyone to St. Luois from there.

I only get visions in dreams of what I will see on the tele the next day.  :tongue: How useless! But my own experiences and soooooo many others have me thinking that we do visit future probabilities while dreaming.

How and Why?

I think some dreams can be prophetic in nature, in some we work through issues to difficult to face in the waking conscious, in some we explore, in some we play, in some we experience unrealised desires, in some we get to face and overcome fears. Too many reasons to list.

I am remembering reading something that said, when "we in spirit" were developing the idea for physical life and limited consciousness, we agreed that the only way we could withstand such a dense constraint was to create a dream state through sleep so that we could leave the confines of the limtited body and mind and be in our natural freedom to rejuviniate and recharge.

I don't know if it's true or not, but I could see me requesting the breaks from this limited density before agreeing to jump in.:yesnod:

Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Loc: Hyperspace
Re: dreams [Re: n0xious]
    #3054902 - 08/26/04 08:40 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

IMO dreams are your mind processing and mixing its sensual recordings into at least semi-stable recreations of your general experience.. It is only natural that some of them would turn true - but what is it like MAYBE 2% of what happens in your dreams ends up becoming a reality? that's reasonable, considering we are amazing creatures and have no idea what our subconscious minds are capable of processing

Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology