Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblebandaid
clever title

life altering NDE experiences?, my "lil" story ;)
    #3053917 - 08/26/04 04:47 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Wondering if you guys had any and maybe learned anything from them?.

Heres my long ass story :grin:

It started in my room. I was sitting in my chair, I got thirsty so I drank a glass of water but never quite finished, for some reason the liquid went down the wrong pipe. Then it got ugly from there.. I tried breathing but couldnt, tried coughing but everytime I did that I just lost more air and couldnt get it back, panic came in once I realized my pipe wouldnt open with the usual cough and relax method. A flash idea of using a spoon to shuv down my throat might help (ala Aliens movie) but I insantly decided that would be a last resort after calling 911.. in the process of choking to death, I have no clue how I would plan on communicating other than making sounds with my teeth and cheeks, for now I just have to get out of this cramped room!.

So I bursted into the hallway and turned on the light and tried to do the same usual method of breathing and coughing but no result. I couldnt fucking breath and I had almost no air left in my lungs after coughing so much. As if Im gonna die in the hallway of my house in the basement. Its either I figured out what to do next or I suffocated on the spot.

This is where it got interesting, I knew I was going to die if I didnt do something other than the regular routine when in the same situation, and suddenly this "surge" of will came over me, I suddenly stopped panicing and just relaxed like I never relaxed before.. for a split second I acted as if nothing had ever happened, its like I convinced myself I wasnt choking and if I was choking what would I do if it did happen to me, "ok" I thought, "upstairs has alot more room", so I jolted up the stairs without trying to cough or breath and ran into the kitchen and turned on the light where I could feel I had room to move around and think, using my temporary total calm tranquility state I stood still for a split second seeing if I could think of what to do, but no new ideas came, panic came back quickly once I realized this.

Cant breath.. might die.. not gonna die.. ok lets relax.. nm no time to relax Im gonna die if I relax too much, think quick!.. nothings coming.. I should relax then.. cant relax Im gonna die. This thought process went back and forth very quickly.. I had to do something. So finally I decided to suck in as hard as I could regarless of how much more liquid went down my pipe. Thats when a tiny amount of air creeped in. It really hurt everytime I forced myslef to breath, and I was still suffocating while all this happened. But I kept persisting cuz its not like I had another choice other than calling 911, they could take more than 5 minutes and I might be dead by then. So I kept trying harder for each intake but got so little in return, the more I sucked in the more it hurt but the more I got, I was making this loud disturbing choking/breathing sound that I bet my neighbours could hear. When your life is on the line it doesnt matter how little you get, what matters is your not dieing.

Finally after several painfull forced intakes I got my precious oxygen back and slowly came back to a regular state of calm within a few minutes, I started reflecting at the experience and how easy it was for me to die.

Whats so interesting is after this incident I felt in total control of everything I did, from what I wanted to think to even walking, it was so smooth and controlled. Everything I did from the next hour didnt require any effort. I thinked what I wanted to think and moved exactly how I wanted to move. Like there was no 'opposition', hope that makes sense to you guys..

Anyways, I can say I learned from the experience greatly but if I could choose to go back in time without knowing what I could have learned from the experience I would easily agreed not to.

Hope you enjoyed my "lil" story :tongue:. If you got any life altering NDE stories plz do share! :smile:.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflinePhishgrrl
Walking in thetall trees...
 User Gallery

Re: life altering NDE experiences?, my "lil" story ;) [Re: bandaid]
    #3054039 - 08/26/04 05:16 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Wow. That is insane. SHeesh. I know how it feels to not be able to breathe and to totally panic....my brother held me face down in the snow for way too long once when I was a kid. My body panicked so much that I peed my freaking pants.  Luckily my mom came to my rescue or I think I could've died. I still have nightmares about that. I still don't like backcountry skiing because I think I know how it would feel to die in an avalanche.....

Your story is way more intense than mine though. I'm so glad you made it! :heart:

--------------------
Once in awhile you can get shown the light

In the strangest of places if you look at it right...

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub