Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Microscope, Paul Stamets, Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblebaltazar
Quiet dreamer

Panaeolus papilionaceus
    #3053898 - 08/26/04 04:42 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I just got wonderfull news, finnaly found proof that there is an active shrooms growing here in my country. Searching lately local michological sites i finnaly found that Panaeolus papilionaceus is growing here ...

I was wondering if anyone haves some more info about this shroom, i searched the net, but i didnt find any extra usefull informations, only about it being hallucinogenic, but i allready know that ... Did anyone else find theese shrooms and does someone know about dosing ?

Thanks for any info about it ...

Edited by baltazar (06/20/11 07:34 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Panaeolus papilionaceus [Re: baltazar]
    #3053999 - 08/26/04 05:08 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

The mushroom Panaeolus campanulatus/sphinctrinus/ and/or P. papilionaceus will not get you high. They are not psychoactive although they contain some tryptamines which are not psychoactive.

mj

Have a shroomy day.

Check for p. cyanescens, P. bohemica, P. serbica, and their are inocybes and some Gymopilus, but I would really avoid the latter two families because of their toxic relatives int he generas.

mj

OI am sure you also have liberty caps int he fall before the freeze after the fall rains began. they grow in pasturelands buit not diretly from manure.

mj

Invisiblebaltazar
Quiet dreamer

Re: Panaeolus papilionaceus [Re: mjshroomer]
    #3054247 - 08/26/04 06:10 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Oh, thanks ... In some descriptions about Panaeolus papilionaceus it was written that they are hallucinogenic or something like that, wierd ... The problem is that only report about active species found here made zeronio with his pan. subbs findings in Slovenia ...

But because i love mushroom hunting i will look fore actives this fall ( i found the wonderful shroomery this year so this year will be my first magic mushroom hunting year, but i did hunt for boletes, russula, agaricus and some other species before ... )

Thanks anyway for your help ...

If anyone haves some reports on active shrooms species in Central Europe, please contact me ( Austria, North Italy, Slovenia, Hungary or other close countries ... )

Edited by baltazar (06/20/11 07:35 AM)

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Trusted Identifier
    #3054317 - 08/26/04 06:29 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Psilocybe serbica and other species of the Psilocybe cyanescens complex probably grow in Croatia. Also Panaeolus subbalteatus. And if it doesn't, then  it's time to plant it there :wink:

Invisiblebaltazar
Quiet dreamer

Re: Panaeolus papilionaceus [Re: Anno]
    #3056784 - 08/27/04 04:41 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Anno, what part of Austria are you from ?
What kind of shrooms could you find in your location ?
I will probably start visiting some horse farms in the fall to look arround, but i mostly pick shrooms in forrests and meadows ( agaricus species ) so i was hoping if you found some of active shrooms on theese terrains ... ?

Aufwiedersehen :smile:

Edited by baltazar (08/27/04 04:43 AM)

Offlineivi
 User Gallery

#3057644 - 08/27/04 12:39 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Yes, those Panaeoli are inactive (I have even tested them on myself :laugh:).

I browsed through that site, and here are the psychoactive mushrooms that were listed there:

Be very careful with Inocybes! These species are very difficult to identify accurately and there are many poisonous mushrooms in this genus.

I believe there are more out there than listed on that site :sun:
And Yes - what Anno said.
:laugh:

Good luck and be careful!!

--------------------

Edited by ivi (08/27/04 03:44 PM)

Invisiblebaltazar
Quiet dreamer

Re: Panaeolus papilionaceus [Re: ivi]
    #3058321 - 08/27/04 03:27 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks for the information, ivi ... Wierd thing is that it says on that site that Inocybe corydalina is deadly ?!
What kind of psychoactive materials to theese shrooms contain ?

Edited by baltazar (06/20/11 07:43 AM)

Offlineivi
 User Gallery

Inocybe corydalina [Re: baltazar]
    #3058576 - 08/27/04 04:34 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Inocybe corydalina

Cap: 3.8 - 5.2 cm broad. Obtusely conic to convex at first with an incurved and often denticulate margin, becoming broadly convex to nearly plane in age with or without a broad low umbo. Brown to buff brown, with greenish gray tones, and darker brown to greenish blue, sometimes nearly black, near the center. Surface covered with appressed fibrillose squamules, more densely towards the disc. Flesh white.
Gills: Attachment narrowly adnate, crowded, broad, and with minutely fringed margin. Pale brown to buff, or pale grayish brown.
Stem: 24-95 mm long by 5-15 mm thick. Solid, equal to enlarged near the base. Surface smooth above to fibrillose and longitudinally striate below. Whitish to dull grey below and grayish ochraceous brown to sordid brown overall, with the base often with grayish greenish tinges. Flesh white to gray towards base, slightly reddening upon exposure. Partial veil cortinate, soon disappearing. Scent aromatic, similar to Peruvian balsam.
Microscopic features: Spores brown in deposit, smooth, lemon to almond shaped, 7-10 by 5-6 u. Basidia 4-spored. Pleurocystidia 33-70 by 9-21 u, cylindrical to clavate cylindrical. Cheilocystidia rare and similair to pleurocystidia.
Habit, habitat and distribution: Widespread across Europe, The British Isles, and North America in August through October, primarily under deciduous trees (Fagus, Quercus, Caprinus) and to lesser degree under conifers (Picea) in woodland soils.
Comments: Weakly active, according to Stijve and Kuyper (1985). One variety, I. corydalina var. corydalina, contains up to 0.032% psilocybin, no psilocin, and 0.034% baeocystin. Another, Inocybe corydalina var. erinaceomorpha, had 0.10% psilocybin, no psilocin, and 0.034% baeocystin. (Note: the sampling was limited to only three collections.) Gurevich and Nezoiminogo (1994) reported that a collection of I. corydalina var. corydalina tested negative for psilocybin but positive for muscarine, a result not confirmed by other researchers. I. corydalina var. corydalina has been reported from both North America and Europe, while Inocybe corydalina var. erinaceomorpha has thus far only been reported from Europe. The former species has greenish gray fibrils near the disc, while the latter has dark brown scales but without greenish hues.

(from Paul Stamets' "Psilocybin Mushrooms of The World")

--------------------

Edited by ivi (08/27/04 07:38 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Microscope, Paul Stamets, Scales

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification