Home | Community | Message Board

FreeSpores.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineScolecite
enthusiast

How do you people trip without spirtuality?
    #3052306 - 08/26/04 09:08 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

For me its been the one thing that can hold me down and ground me. Its been the one thing that always exists while tripping, even though my personality crumbles around me.

In reading some of the trip tips Im amazed to see(judging by their posts) how many people DONT have spirtuality. How can you make it thru a trip? Man It must be confusing, or you must think everyone is out to get you.

Spirtuality to me = An understanding that you belong to somthing greater, and that everything happens for the greater good, and that something can only harm you if you let it. Im not going to get much deeper than that. Im not even sure you should be doing shrooms if you dont have that 'root'.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: How do you people trip without spirtuality? [Re: Scolecite]
    #3052624 - 08/26/04 11:19 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I wasn't at all spiritual when I first began taking shrooms.  On the contrary, I was lost, confused, hating god, etc.  Shrooms helped me to recognize the divinity inside of me, and all around me.  Now, a year later, spirituality is such an important part of my life.  And when I trip, it's like that's all there is. Just the spirit, everwhere. 

I would wager a guess that many people start using shrooms like I did.  To experiment, or for fun, or just to get fucked up.  Then, depending on the person, they may come to see mushrooms as a powerful spiritual tool, and as a result, become more spiritual as a person. 

It really depends on the person, I think.  :smile:

OfflineJaRRn
Lost in Space
Male User Gallery

Loc: Standing on the Cosmic Sh...
Re: How do you people trip without spirtuality? [Re: MOTH]
    #3053027 - 08/26/04 01:03 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I started as a angry fuck, god hating whore, life blows all that crap. but through the use of  lsd/shroom, my outlook has changed for the better!  It  made me take a step back and look at life and exsitence and told me where i stood, now i trip and can have a ball as I know where I belong.  It did take a couple of years to learn but i and everyone I meet and do this shit with is better for it!

I feel content when things are good or bad, cause either way the universe unfolds and things should be the way they are.

Dont listen to me Ive just taken a low dose. heheh

:mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2:

Offlinebum
journeyman

Re: How do you people trip without spirtuality? [Re: JaRRn]
    #3053783 - 08/26/04 04:08 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

"An understanding that you belong to somthing greater, and that everything happens for the greater good, and that something can only harm you if you let it."

i continually question everything that might be true... i don't know anything for sure so i can't use that as grounding or confidence.

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny Flag
Re: How do you people trip without spirtuality? [Re: bum]
    #3056564 - 08/27/04 03:22 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

hehehe, i was going to say all of my tripping has led me to believe that there is no salvation for me in such beliefs.

i've yet to take a drug that made me feel more spiritual, usually i just see more (the good the bad and the confusing) and do my best to integrate the new things i see.

--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

OfflineToddo
Stranger
Male

Re: How do you people trip without spirtuality? [Re: truekimbo2]
    #3056613 - 08/27/04 03:36 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

^^agreed

InvisibleChronic7
 User Gallery

#3056648 - 08/27/04 03:46 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

People who dont have that spiritual side awakened must get sum bad trips/stomach pains etc.....when tripping, from what ive been reading in the psychedelic experience.

I love tripping so much, it used to be just to get fucked up, id do it 4/5 nights in a row, but then i started having such amazing thoughts on shroomz (not just silly giggling) acccompanied by thoughts i shouldnt abuse them so much.

Now i do them maybe 2wice a month in high doses, and the rest of the time now and again i might do low doses like one shroom in a cup of tea. I could never trip now without entering the trip for spiritual purposes.

Invisiblejux
I'm better thanan STD!

#3058317 - 08/27/04 03:26 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I'm not a spiritual person. When I trip, I rely only on myself to get through any difficult situations that may arise. Spirituality and oneness be damned. If inner strenght can't save me, nothing will.

--------------------

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Re: How do you people trip without spirtuality? [Re: jux]
    #3058354 - 08/27/04 03:35 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

jux said:
I'm not a spiritual person. When I trip, I rely only on myself to get through any difficult situations that may arise. Spirituality and oneness be damned. If inner strenght can't save me, nothing will.

Some would argue that YOU are a spiritual creature.  :smile:

Invisiblejux
I'm better thanan STD!

#3058393 - 08/27/04 03:43 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

like a deity? I'd be a pretty kick ass deity :smile:

--------------------

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

#3058587 - 08/27/04 04:38 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I like to think that "God" pervades everything...even us!! (which depending on how you interpret it, could mean that each of us are God!)

OfflinePaintedDeath
The Bestest
Loc: somewhere in Texas
    #3058694 - 08/27/04 05:09 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I'm not really a spiritual person. i Suppose i used to be atheist, but if i really had to put a finger on something, id say im agnostic.

I just really dont know.

and i could also really care less.

whatever lies in store for me, well, what can i do about it? i might as well just go with the flow and try to do my best at everything that i do.

the closest thing that iv had to a spiritual experience on shrooms, was when i realized that everything was meaningless.

however. this had a weird effect on me. Instead of becoming more pessimistic about life and what not, i instead felt that instead of being the "confused everything is meaningless and i dont know why", i now just understand that life is meaningless. its like, i understand that there doesnt HAVE to be a meaning. the only thing we have to do with our life is live it. the only reason for life, is for life to continue, evolve and grow. I realized, its allot like growing shrooms. the stronger life form takes the gold, much like a contam will take over your jars and kick your myc's ass. we look down on the contam, and it makes us mad, but the contam is a life form. if a higher life form was to look down on us, and he wanted to see more trees only to see us cutting them down, he would be pissed as well. so really, everything is subjective. everything is in the eyes of the beholder. i feel more in tune with myself and my life and the mystery of life itself to the point where THAT is my spirituality. i dont know.

I would have to say though, that i still have allot more to figure out. everything gets lost after the trip.

--------------------
I wanna cross The Rainbow Bridge, and see my fathers in The Golden Hall. They beckon me, to join their feast. In my dreams, I hear their call.

Offlinecurious4
    #3061169 - 08/28/04 07:34 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

thats a good analogy with the trees being myc and us contams.

Edited by curious4 (08/28/04 07:35 AM)

InvisibleFecalDildo
Fat LadiesBingo.
 User Gallery
Loc: Ass Flavour Pie Factory.
    #3061337 - 08/28/04 10:09 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

i have to say when i started experimenting with psychadelics i was angry, depressed .. after my first LSD trip i was transformed.. i am loving life now and i have a sense of spirtuality within me. thanks all to the power of these sacred substances..

Edited by Emmett (08/30/04 12:52 AM)

Offlineskullfarmer1979
shamanator
Loc: Bum Fuck, Egypt
    #3061549 - 08/28/04 12:39 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

i was atheist before my first shroom trip but that was history 6 hours later. acid never did anything spiritual for me.my greatest spiritual awakening came on my 5th shroom trip when i had a DEATH AND REBIRTH experience . i didn't know a trip like that existed before it happened to me and almost 5 years later ,not a day goes by that i don't ponder on that event.i also went to the trip reports and looked through them to see if anyone had a trip like that and i found myself reading reports of people "climbing trees with imaginary monkeys"? is this person for real?there were very few spiritual reports around 4 years ago so i posted my death and rebirth report.i think many people didn't believed my report because it is beyond most peoples imaganition.ok i'm rambling! i also believe if you don't allow yourself to be destroyed by the mushroom,you will never know the purpose for them.be destroyed!!!!!!!

--------------------
I TASTE THE WREAKAGE OF CRUMBLING FACES,I KNOW THE PALE THING IN THE DARKEST OF PLACES. -DAX RIGGS-

get the most out of life,listen to ACID BATH!!!!

Invisiblejux
I'm better thanan STD!

Re: How do you people trip without spirtuality? [Re: PaintedDeath]
    #3062143 - 08/28/04 03:50 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

"humans are a virus... and I, am the cure"
Agent Smith

--------------------

Offlinecurious4
    #3064298 - 08/29/04 04:13 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

"he was just a new virus."
me

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crawling on the floor...
    #3066227 - 08/29/04 08:25 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Scolecite :

Spirituality to you: an understanding that we belong to something greater

Spirituality: The quality or state of being spiritual; incorporeality; heavenly-mindedness.

Spiritual:Consisting of spirit; not material; incorporeal; as, a spiritual substance or being.

Your are more than a spiritual being no matter how often you may confuse yourself to be, or delude yourself into thinking. you are physical and spiritual, some people embrace the organism of themselves rather than the spirituality of themselves... they are both equally amazing. that is how they can do it. they are grounded in realizing that who they are has a lot to do with what they are physically. a human organism, beautiful and disgusting, much like the human mind or the human soul.

perhaps you should try looking at both spiritual and physical aspects at once? and then add a third or fourth aspect? im sure you can think of one.

and to say that someone shouldnt be tripping at all is a disgrace to spirituality and freewill. perhaps you should trip again, with this in mind? and then change it? your mind, that is.

peace

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

:cactus:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience