Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineHilltopNomad
Stranger
Loc: Roaming the South Downs
Differing levels of conciousness in society
    #3044326 - 08/24/04 01:13 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I had always considered myself a bit different even before any encounter with psychadelic substances, in the way I think and percieve the world and its people. In my time of using mushrooms this idea has only been further reinforced and although there was minor adjustment in my head everything did seem to fit into place. I Hope I haven't waffled on already and you can see where I'm coming from.

Nowadays, whenever I see people I have this urge to think about what they must be thinking, their perception of their existence, their state of conciousness. I wonder if they really are 'sheep', whether they can see it or their mind is blocked to it because varying factors such as their intelligence, fellow company or their position in the physical world and the activities it entails on them. Maybe we aren't so different, and we do all have these thoughts but its my state of mind thats causing me to go into it even further than is necessary. However, in my mind that idea is already flawed because the ideas of life and existence are greater than any undermining concept or cause for ideology and emotion in the real world. If an outsider looked at a peice of my mind they might consider it insanity, but what would make either of us right? Its think its possible that half the people in these homes with mental health problems probably aren't even ill at all, but their minds have gone past the borderlines of where the state entity defines how their 'normal' citizens should act and think. Sometimes when I look into the eyes of say, an elderly person, all I can see is a look of bitterness and resent. Maybe in their matured mindstate they look at me and see me as a 'sheep'. After all they know they are nearing the end of their lives and that would seem like a more appropriate time than any to question the meaning of their existence. What on earth will I be thinking when I reach this age?!

This may just all seem like ramble but it seemed like a good place to do it, any thoughts would be appreciated.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinenubious
1up on the rest

Loc: Canada
Re: Differing levels of conciousness in society [Re: HilltopNomad]
    #3044333 - 08/24/04 01:15 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

amen

--------------------
No one knows the worth of innocence till he knows it is gone forever, and that money can't buy it back. Not the saint, but the sinner that repenteth, is he to whom the full length and breadth, and height and depth, of life's meaning is revealed. Good and evil loose all objective meaning and are seen as equally necessary and contrasting elements in the masterpiece that is the universe.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #3044864 - 08/24/04 03:33 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I had always considered myself a bit different even before any encounter with psychadelic substances, in the way I think and percieve the world and its people.

This is an illusion. The differences between us are fairly small and are only of degree, not kind.

This is not just my perception nor an assumption. It is backed by years of experimental data in psychology and is one reason why Horoscopes and psychic readings seem to "work".

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Offlinesillysimon
PermanentPalinopsia

Loc: i have an STD,its HPPD ...
    #3045002 - 08/24/04 04:08 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

i think like hilltopnomad..weird

--------------------
In the dawn my toes are cold They spread their little trinkets on the ground In the hall By the closet door They creep into my bed without sound On a cube In a plastic egg A hundred fabric figures in a pile See them march Toward me And dance across the floor trippily Little faces keep no track of time Little faces speaking out in rhyme Little faces smiling in my mind Tiny doors For walking through sticky fingers clutch forbidden things the phone For talking through Sinking ships On a foamy sea That tumbles from the motion of filthy Little hands In the dark When eyes are wide listen to secrets that I tell In a ball On tiny beds Or beneath them where the shadow people dwell moon Beams split the night Leave bars of yellow pasted on their faces As they drift into a dream

Offlinebrowndustin
dustybuddy

Re: Differing levels of conciousness in society [Re: Swami]
    #3045033 - 08/24/04 04:19 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

If I were to make a post about conciousness in society, it would almost be the exact same post as hilltopnomad's. :blush:

When I look back at myself about 4 years ago, I just can't help but think damn I was oblivious. I think of it like this; there's a pipeline deep within our conciousness and it's capped, mushrooms and marijuana blew the cap right off. Since then, my life's changed dramatically. I know that it's a piss poor analogy, but you guys of all people probably know what I'm talking about.

I feel great about myself, and I feel great about my friends who can relate. I became especially proud when I stopped being a bit of an elitist about these things. Heh. Now I'm just striving to better myself, learn as much as fucking possible, and help others to find themselves as well. :tongue:

--------------------
When the stress burns my brain it's like acid raindrops
maryjane is the only thing that makes the pain stop

OfflineHilltopNomad
Stranger
Loc: Roaming the South Downs
Re: Differing levels of conciousness in society [Re: browndustin]
    #3045324 - 08/24/04 05:21 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Just from reading these responses I guess there is an underlying similarity, but won't this illusion ultimately be our downfall? Is it a weakness for my head to think this way? I'm finding that it can work in both ways. For instance, if I have a conflicting situation or opinion with another person or group of people 'who I consider' to be from a different state of mind, this can make me feel detatched from them, in the sense we may communicate by the normal means but we will still never reach the same level of understanding of each other. Its almost a form of discrimination based largely upon what I percieve their state of mind to be. On the other hand, chatting to other people who I know or at least suspect have reached a similar state of mind makes me feel more comfortable with my thoughts and gives me a sense of security that I'm not overreacting to these thoughts. These barriers seem to be strengthened by age and social groupings but can just as easily occur within them.

Offlinebrowndustin
dustybuddy

#3046151 - 08/24/04 08:32 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

You know what, that's very true. I felt a little alienated even when I was just smoking pot. But I've gotten around those feelings. They're only feelings. *shrugs*

I've been finding out that a lot more of my friends are becoming like me. Even one of my old, great friends who isn't too bright. We skated one night and chatted about mushrooms, which led into some amazingly deep conversations. I'm not as quick to assume people are so narrowminded. I'm a pretty stupid person at times too.

--------------------
When the stress burns my brain it's like acid raindrops
maryjane is the only thing that makes the pain stop

InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
    #3050298 - 08/25/04 08:07 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Everyone is different, yet everyone also has a lot in common, for instance we all want to be loved. Most people hide their true selves beyond "masks" so they can fit in better, but deep down, I think even the most different people have a lot in common with everyone else.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies