Home | Community | Message Board

Kraken Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Microscope, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleCameron1

Spore syringe color
    #3050248 - 08/25/04 09:58 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I just received my first spore syringe purchase.  The liquid inside is as clear as water, but the pictures I've seen of prepared syringes in the gallery show a brownish concoction. 

Should I be concerned here?  I inoculated a week ago and have seen no mycelium yet.

Thanks! :tongue:

--------------------
"When you talk to God, they call it prayer. When God talks to you, they call it schizophrenia"
--Fox Mulder

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinecisole
Master of the Beer Bong

Loc: NM
Re: Spore syringe color [Re: Cameron1]
    #3050263 - 08/25/04 10:01 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

who did you order from and what type of spores?

--------------------
is it life that keeps us going, or us that keeps life going?

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
    #3050265 - 08/25/04 10:01 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

spores are microscopic. the water is purplish/blackish if it is a heavilly loaded syringe. vendors put enough spores in there to make things happen but you can't see the spore clumps so it looks clear.

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

InvisibleCameron1

Re: Spore syringe color [Re: TODAY]
    #3050272 - 08/25/04 10:03 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I ordered from Spores 101...B+ and Taz.

tyvm

--------------------
"When you talk to God, they call it prayer. When God talks to you, they call it schizophrenia"
--Fox Mulder

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
    #3050317 - 08/25/04 10:11 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

np...good luck dood.

oh, didn't catch the last part of your post. make sure temps are in the mid to low 80s

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

Edited by TODAY (08/25/04 10:12 PM)

Invisiblefearfect
Loc: Flag
    #3050326 - 08/25/04 10:13 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

my cambo and taz haven't shown anything in almost 2 weeks :undecided: the taz had clumps of spores in it, but the cambo was clear

OfflineTheNewZero
Think foryourself andquestionauthority

Loc: Limbo
    #3050573 - 08/25/04 10:57 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Don't worry about the clear color. Just shake it real good before it is used. Spores101 is a very reliable vendor. There are definatly enough for microscopy use, which is why Spores101 sales them.
You can find dark syringes at other vendors, but you will pay extra for the novelty of it (the vendors will usually be truthful and tell you they are sold not because they have a higher efficacy, but for the novelty).

Patients is definately a plus. It took 3 weeks for some of mine to show growth, but they turned out to be great shrooms. Just forget about them for a while, before you know it you'll be eating.

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #3050743 - 08/25/04 11:33 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Nothing tries your patience like a first grow. Spores 101 is a fine company, and by fine company, I mean... contact them if you have problems and they will fix 'em.

Clear syringes work, sure dark syringes are great but they require a lot more spores... don't expect a company to use a whole print on a syringe, when far fewer will do. If you want a REALLY dark syringe, you really have to make one yourself.

That said, some vendors sell darker syringes than others. If you want to buy a dark syringe, you can find one.

TLG and Ralphster both specifically sell dark syringes.

Good luck

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

InvisibleCameron1

Re: Spore syringe color [Re: Rose]
    #3050843 - 08/26/04 12:04 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks a lot everyone!  I feel better now... :grin: :mushroom2:

--------------------
--Fox Mulder

OfflineSamhainJ
I wanna rock out, in my dreams
Loc: USA
    #3050968 - 08/26/04 12:34 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

you can get a crystal clear syringe and it will be more thna neccasary to grow lots of shrooms. you cant see the spores except in clumps of thousands, and you may get a syringe with just as many but it will be evenly distributed throughout the syringe so you cant see them.

--------------------

Offlinelookin4god
Stranger
Loc: Arizona
    #3052598 - 08/26/04 11:02 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

No worries. I am a noob, but I already had a suitable 12 ml syringe so I started with a spore print I got from the fsre. My first syringe I did up with about 20% of the print, and it was clear. Oh, and it worked great. I just did up a second syringe using a cap from my grow. I just sterilized a shot glass with alcohol, dropped a cap in it & covered with foil, took the cap out a day later, added sterilized water to the shot glass, stirred it up, then sucked it all into the syringe (using the oven tek).

The strain I started with is pink buffalo and they tend to have small caps (unless I'm doing something wrong), so they fit into a shot glass very well. So my second syringe was prepared from a whole print, and guess what? It is still clear! But I know for a fact that it is LOADED with spores.

Conclusion...color don't mean shit! Best of luck in your grow (if you follow the tek's here you won't need it though) and welcome to the club!
Peace, out.

Invisibleutopianglory
Spunkmuffin
    #3052625 - 08/26/04 11:19 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I must say I am pleased to see that people are being sensible here, normally you have a few posts from people claiming that dark ones are better "because this one time... " :smile:

Offlinedanelectro
Disenfranchised

Loc: Left of Oblivion
Re: Spore syringe color [Re: utopianglory]
    #3062961 - 08/28/04 08:20 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Dark ones are better because this one time while testing the effects of testicular spore injection I found the dark purple ones really have a kick to them.

--------------------
We should really love each other, in peace and harmony. Instead we're fussing and fighting, like we ain't supposed to be.-Bob Marley
The people, the still sleeping mass which it was necessary to mobilize and its vanguard, the guerrillas.
-Che

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Loc: the rain forests
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Spore syringe color [Re: lookin4god]
    #3063211 - 08/28/04 09:32 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Dark/light syringes will both works just fine. :wink:  I agree: Conclusion...color don't mean shit! Tip: always shake the hell out of your syringes before innoculating. :wink:

Offlinefatal_eclipse
Backwards Man
Male

#3064419 - 08/29/04 06:27 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah, I wondered the same thing man. Not too long ago I bought a couple B+ syringes from spores101, they were also clear.

It kinda' bothered me at first, because they sent me an Orissa India strain along with it, and I can see tons of spores in that one.

:goodluck:

Invisibleretread
-=HasH=-
Re: Spore syringe color [Re: utopianglory]
    #3064678 - 08/29/04 12:08 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Read Magash's posts. His quart jars are done 6-9 days after inoculation and it's because of his dark dark syringes. If a syringe with a few million spores would be lightly colored then a dark dark one could have trillions of spores. Each spore, theoretically, will start a colony of mycelia. Darker=Faster, it's just logical that it would be. Now, clear works, but darker will equate to more spore grow sites, more mycelia colonies, and faster colonization.

InvisiblePrisoner#1M
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Spore syringe color [Re: retread]
    #3064699 - 08/29/04 12:17 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

retread said:
Read Magash's posts. His quart jars are done 6-9 days after inoculation Darker=Faster

this isnt always true, I have done several bags with 5lbs of WBS and Popcorn, all were colonized in less than 30 days and all were from light syringes

Invisibleretread
-=HasH=-
Re: Spore syringe color [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #3064705 - 08/29/04 12:19 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Do you think that using LESS spores would equal more spore germination and more mycelia? As I said, light syringes work fine, we all started off getting them from vendors. On the odd occassion that I use spores, I use the largest mushroom from the harvest and put all of the spores I get from it into one syringe. Coal bin at midnight.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #3064708 - 08/29/04 12:20 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I agree...Magash uses black ass syringes and done in 6-9 days? I can't do that from spores, thats myc speeds. Not that you need dark ones. I've only ever used clear ones from sponsers and I did trials on them with some jars getting .5cc's, some getting 1 cc and some getting 2 cc's. They all did well, not much difference, maybe a 14 instead of 13 days for the .5 cc's as opposed to the 2 cc's. And really all were done by 13 days..but it took another day for the ones with less spores to be thick enough for my liking. 1 cc was similar to .5 cc's. Of course this is only doing a small amount more. .5 cc's to 2 cc's is only quadrupling. If your talking black syringes (not dark but BLACK) like Magashs compared to clear then your talking about 1000's of times more spores in every cc so time has to be cut down.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

InvisiblePrisoner#1M
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
    #3064733 - 08/29/04 12:37 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

retread said:
Do you think that using LESS spores would equal more spore germination and more mycelia?

A dark syringe will allow thousands more spores to be injected at eash inocculation point, but I view it as more wasteful when just a few spores at each point is needed... plus you can get greater distribution of the spore suspension with fewer spores

Quote:

On the odd occassion that I use spores, I use the largest mushroom from the harvest and put all of the spores I get from it into one syringe.

I usualy distribute them between 4 syringes, they are still reasonably dark but it also allows me to isolate problems in my preparation procedures... if one syringe out of 4 is contaminated I know the problem wasn't in my spore collecting.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Microscope, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation