Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineKrissKross
Stranger
 User Gallery
toxic shrooms
    #3049918 - 08/25/04 06:35 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I was planning to grow my own shrooms but when I mentioned it to my friend he said that homegrown mushrooms are bad because they have toxins in them that can make u foam at the mouth if you take about 5 grams or more. I'm pretty sure he's wrong but I just want to be sure. Also is there any differences I should know of between wild, and domestic shrooms in terms of effects from eating them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFallenShroom
Shagadelic

Re: toxic shrooms [Re: KrissKross]
    #3049940 - 08/25/04 06:40 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Lots more reading if you plan on growing. And no they are not toxic if you are growing cubes from home

--------------------

Offlinehickonaim
AlCoHoLiC
    #3049981 - 08/25/04 06:48 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Where did he get off that homegrown are bad?I like my homegrown rather than digging through cowshit on a wet night.

OfflineTheCulltivator2
Stranger
    #3049994 - 08/25/04 06:52 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

your freind is a damn idiot, in fact home grown are safer than any other, but as fallen said you need to do much reserch first.
good luck

Offlineuneasyone
tokin theMacGyver bong

Loc: SE united states
    #3050010 - 08/25/04 06:58 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

as long as you don't have weird shit contaminating your mycellium they are as safe as it gets

--------------------
anything i might say is just something i heard from the voices in my head
uneasy1

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

#3050070 - 08/25/04 07:18 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

WELCOME TO THE SHROOMERY :laugh: if you need a spore print I will give you one as a hello gift just PM me dude :thumbup:

Toxic yup sure is and the toxin is.........PSILOCYBIN

I have drooled after taking 5 grams
I suppose that is kinda like Foaming  LOL LOL

And besides a 5 gram trip is usally not called for in most cases
Far to crazy and intense.

DUDE the info you have recieved is from a know-it-all who don't know shit

--------------------
What it is, is what it is my Brother.
It is as it is, so suffer thru it.

OfflineSamhainJ
I wanna rock out, in my dreams
Loc: USA Flag
Re: toxic shrooms [Re: Fucknuckle]
    #3050095 - 08/25/04 07:23 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

home cultivated is by far more safe than wild. in the wild you could make a mistake and eat deadly mushrooms and have liver failure. when you cultivate you know not only what species it is, but also the strain. five grams will fuck you up, but there really is no need to eat that much in the first place. 3 1/2 - 4 should be more than plenty unless you are extremely expierenced with shrooms.

--------------------

OfflineRat
Stranger
    #3050120 - 08/25/04 07:30 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

This can't be serious. Foam at the mouth?

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

Re: toxic shrooms [Re: Rat]
    #3050134 - 08/25/04 07:33 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

No I was making a joke
But I do have watery eyes and a runny nose when I take 3 or more grams of shrooms and somtimes my mouth prouduces spit at alarming rates.
Fuck I have had spit flow from my mouth like a faucet. Which makes for a real good laugh amoung my freinds when we are tripping.
But never foam just plain old spit

--------------------

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
    #3050257 - 08/25/04 08:00 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

you are a puppet an dick or 13 years old.  either way, you don't belong here  :cool:

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

OfflineDarcho
PhysicallyDetermined

Re: toxic shrooms [Re: TODAY]
    #3050417 - 08/25/04 08:30 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Thats pretty harsh.

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

Re: toxic shrooms [Re: Darcho]
    #3050443 - 08/25/04 08:36 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah he usally a nice guy

--------------------

OfflineDreadlockDoc
Stranger
Re: toxic shrooms [Re: Fucknuckle]
    #3050592 - 08/25/04 09:01 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

It's reassuring to know people are still willing to help newbies with start up supplies.

:thumbup:

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
    #3050802 - 08/25/04 09:49 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Magic Shrooms are not toxic. Cubensis (the type most people grow) are very safe to eat.

There are common "Wive's Tales" about shrooms... but the fact is, fungus is fungus. If you have non toxic mushrooms, they are safe to eat.

CUBENSIS IS NON TOXIC

Back in the 1980's, during the "Just Say No!" era, it became popular to say magic shrooms are deadly. This is misinformation... pure and simple. To this day, news articles about magic shrooms talk about their dangers, even though this is misinformation. Not just misinformation, outdated misinformation.

Common myths:

"Magic Shrooms harm your liver." FALSE. Where did this myth come from? Chances are this myth started because some poisonous WILD shrooms can harm your liver. I imagine more than one mushroom hunter has died a nasty death because they ate the wrong kind. Even worse, poisonous shrooms could be accidentally picked and sold. So, this is a wive's tale with a hint of truth to it. DO NOT HUNT FOR MUSHROOMS UNLESS YOU KNOW WTF YOU ARE DOING. If you grow your own shrooms, with spores from a vendor, you know you are growing non-toxic, edible fungus.

"Magic Shrooms contain strychnine (rat poison)" FALSE. This rumor probably began because people used to falsely say "LSD contains rat poison." Often this was followed by, "And it stays in your spine for your whole life." Strichnine does not make good shroom food. However, in the wild, there is no telling what kinds of chemicals, and pesticides may have been sprayed on the shrooms you pick. Again, if you have Cubensis spores, and grow your own, you will never have this fear.

"Magic shrooms make your brain bleed... when you hallucinate you are seeing the blood in your brain!" FALSE. Making stupid shit like this up... makes your brain bleed.

"Mushrooms with those gold flakes are more potent." :rolleyes:

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflineDarcho
PhysicallyDetermined

Re: toxic shrooms [Re: Rose]
    #3051142 - 08/25/04 11:12 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Solid post, and thank you for that interesting info.

Invisibleutopianglory
Spunkmuffin
    #3051720 - 08/26/04 01:37 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I was under the impression that cubensis contains mild toxins.

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Re: toxic shrooms [Re: utopianglory]
    #3051771 - 08/26/04 01:53 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Ok... ok... ok... they are a little toxic... but compared to salt or niccotine, shrooms may as well be rice cakes.

Here's a great article about the ACTUAL dangers and toxicity of shrooms. Be sure to read all six pages. They are physically safe, even at large doses... although you'll get the farts... and trip balls.

http://www.shroomery.org/index/the/default/par/12208

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Offlinesillysimon
PermanentPalinopsia

Loc: i have an STD,its HPPD ...
    #3051815 - 08/26/04 02:09 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

krisskross,

your feind is confused....the subsatnce psilocybin is netural*
wild or domesticated (correction:fallenshroom)

psilocybin has the capacity to harm as well to help. The substance itself is neutral, an intricate molecular structure. Yet, ?too much? can be sickening or even deadly..Some Psilocybin fungi contain toxins that, at the very least, can cause slight gastrointestinal discomfort and at the worst, bring death..depending on how much you consume.

i have seen people have seizsures on mushrooms, they ate too much or either had gotten dehydrated...they said they went blind and then they dont knw what happend, and they fell down and their eyes rolled in the back of their head and the were twitching and foaming, sometimes an episode like this can be fatal... see listen a quick explaination:
Psilocybin is related to serotonin, a neurotransmitter that occurs in all life and is most concentrated in states of joy or pleasure. So there is a very close structural energy between this extremely cultural, philosophical hallucinogen and a very common basis for ordinary consciousness.... serotonin, what it eats...DID YOU HEAR THAT? IT EATS SEROTONIN, more like fries it like a egg scrambling on a pan, (hence: the concentrated levels of joy you experince, but if you take to much you have no serotonin left, you have NO HAPPINESS LEFT, all depends on how much you take, somepeople just eat enough to experince a little of the bad and good while others get the whole deal, good or bad)and sucks up alot of the fluids in that part of your cerebral cortex, so it is very important to stay well hydrated, i have had the negative effects of ignoring all this happen to me, and let me just say it is not fun..AT ALL... i just recommend dosing the smallest amount you need to get off because it really dosent take much, but to the people that feel like they have to strecth their "trip" as far as they can have a lesson waiting for them words cant describe,
focus attention upon psilocybin?s physical modus operandi. get into grips with how alkaloids like psilocybin work their spectacular effects upon the human psyche.. so you can be knowledgable and safe...
to actually feel that way and know why you feel the way you do from the chemical reaction is phenomenal.

--------------------
In the dawn my toes are cold They spread their little trinkets on the ground In the hall By the closet door They creep into my bed without sound On a cube In a plastic egg A hundred fabric figures in a pile See them march Toward me And dance across the floor trippily Little faces keep no track of time Little faces speaking out in rhyme Little faces smiling in my mind Tiny doors For walking through sticky fingers clutch forbidden things the phone For talking through Sinking ships On a foamy sea That tumbles from the motion of filthy Little hands In the dark When eyes are wide listen to secrets that I tell In a ball On tiny beds Or beneath them where the shadow people dwell moon Beams split the night Leave bars of yellow pasted on their faces As they drift into a dream

Invisibledog
straw dog

Loc: Route 66
    #3051817 - 08/26/04 02:09 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Your friend is ignorant. Don't make the same mistake. READ!

--------------------

Fascism (fash'izem) n. A governmental system marked by a centralized dictatorship, stringent socioeconomic controls, and often belligerent nationalism. see also: the Bush Administration.

Edited by dog (08/26/04 02:13 AM)

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Re: toxic shrooms [Re: sillysimon]
    #3051831 - 08/26/04 02:14 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Very well said.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies