Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crawling on the floor...
hey buddy, nice map.
    #3045391 - 08/24/04 07:37 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

i see my brain as a big 3 dimensional map of the universe.

for the sake of simplicity ill say my point of awareness is my "eye" or "eyes".

my eye is constantly moving over/through the map in predictable patterns. i move through "awake region" eating, moving, brushing my teeth, conversing with people, smelling flowers, etc... i move through "sleep region" dreaming, exploring, picking out the litttle things ive noticed but have no "need" to remember while i was awake, solving problems, etc...

whenever i encounter something new in my travels, it is plotted out in the brain (sometimes in a few different places at once). and all the experiences stack up with each other to create my frame of reference... how i see things.

whenever i have an experience that i consider "not new", my eye gazes upon my old plot of the situation and then makes a conclusion.

sometimes when something huge, traumatic, massive happens in my life, it creates such a huge new plotted area or set of points/areas, that it effects any conclusions i might draw from all other old experiences. changing my frame of reference, forever. i cannot see things the way that i used to.

every day every moment of my being, my mind is changing. until there is a great moment where the entire map is revealed to me.

this is how we are all the same: we have the same map. we just havnt illuminated the same parts of it.

we can be critical of others because we think they are on the wrong "path". but we not really going anywhere. we are where we are "going".

peace

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

:cactus:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology