Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
original cause
    #3044957 - 08/24/04 05:53 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

taking responsibility and looking at yourself is the thing to do!

really sit down and think about how many time we blame other things outside of us for our own actions. It's way easier to admit when you make a mistake...when was failure defined as totally bad? I found myself doing this the other day...

I was out delivering and I was looking for Oak street. now I had checked the map for the streets at my work beforehand (very quickly I might add) and I left with thre other orders. well by the time I was ready to deliver Oak street, I had forgot the cross streets to oak street. I went to call my work back on my cell and the guy who answered gave me directions. well they were the wrong directions, which ended up in me not delivering to Oak street for another 20 min!

when I got back to work, they asked me "why did it take me so long?" and I immediately was going to say something along the lines of "well I called here for directions and they were the wrong ones," but that wasn't the original cause of my getting lost. the original reason I didn't get the delivery done on time was because I didn't check out the cross streets well enough before leaving. if I would have taken a few seconds of my time, to thoroughly do my job, a couple of min could have saved me 20.

I told my boss this, and that was that. nothing more came of it. It was much easier than lying to myself, and potentially creating disruption at work.

this was only a small example, but many small examples come our way throughout the day. how we each handle each "situation" will determine what we experience.

I hear "I got drunk, and I don't remember what happen. I didn't mean to do it...it was the alcohol...etc etc etc." and I think to myself "the original cause of you doing what you did was you drinking yourself to the point of incorherence, so are you should be held accountable for your actions.

is that rough minded of me? I don't think it is. is it wrong to fail? I don't think it is either, as long as you look at what you do (don't judge yourself, just look at the situation) and learn from your mistakes.

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.---senior doobie

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinetnecseda
birther to none
Re: original cause [Re: kaiowas]
    #3045289 - 08/24/04 07:12 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

nah not rough minded at all.what do you deliver pizzas?

Invisiblechunder
marker

Loc: The City
    #3046109 - 08/24/04 10:20 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Right on man. Each day I try to take responsibility for the condition of my experience. When I'm sad I try to trace it back to the point where something I did caused the sadness, instead of latching onto the first convenient scape goat and pouring my energy into building up justification for that being to blame.

Its so much harder to take responsibility for your own experience. It requires the ability to withstand the ego's tricks...that relief you feel when you think you've succesfully put the blame off on someone else, the overwhelming desire to defend your decisions as infallibly righteous, etc. A lot of times I fail miserably, and probably most of the time I'm still lying to myself and blaming others for my condition...but its all about the effort, the constant pushing towards taking my life and my mind into my own hands.

This, to me, is liberation. Not liberation from pain or suffering, but liberation from dishonesty to yourself. When we start striving for honesty within our own minds, where no one can see our secret lies, that is when we make true progress.

Keep pushing on brother, and keep bettering yourself, its the only way to save the world.

--------------------

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #3046528 - 08/25/04 12:15 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

"taking responsibility and looking at yourself is the thing to do"

Correct. One of the primary failings with our society is that we are taught not to be responsible for our actions, feelings, or even our existance. Taking full responsibility for your existance is the single most sacred service you can perform for mankind and yourself. Taking responsibility means applying thought before acting and accepting the outcome completely without pride or shame.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: original cause [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #3046825 - 08/25/04 01:38 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Taking full responsibility for your existance is the single most sacred service you can perform for mankind and yourself.

I made my mom and dad get drunk and party in the back seat of a '48 Ford?

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Offlinetnecseda
birther to none
Re: original cause [Re: Swami]
    #3046896 - 08/25/04 01:53 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

sometimes,i do think i am responsible for that,i mean my own existence.i madde my parents have sex to bring me to life.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology