Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
The Doors - 03/01/69 show (mp3s)
    #3041394 - 08/23/04 08:51 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

On March 1st of 1969 The Doors played their most infamous show. Jim Morrison was piss drunk and depending on who you ask, exposed himself to the crowd. Weither or not he did it, Jim went to jail that night. Fortunately, the show was recorded that night.

I have the first three songs of the show for you. I?m working on finding the rest, but it may take me a while and I thought you might want to get a head start on downloading this legendary Doors concert. Here we go.........

[links are now dead]

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

Edited by Learyfan (01/02/12 10:33 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace Flag
Re: The Doors - 01/03/69 show (mp3s) [Re: Learyfan]
    #3041411 - 08/23/04 08:53 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

GET TOGETHER, ONE MORE TIME!!!

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

OfflineBluMonkee
keeper of thelittle people

Loc: Lookin' for an Incident
    #3041789 - 08/23/04 10:15 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

thanks man  :thumbup:

--------------------
"If I don't see ya' in the future, I'll see ya' in the pasture"

Offlinebrowndustin
dustybuddy

#3041947 - 08/23/04 10:45 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

You're awesome man. Thanks a lot!! Keep em coming. :grin:

--------------------
When the stress burns my brain it's like acid raindrops
maryjane is the only thing that makes the pain stop

OfflineHooty
Reality isRelative

Re: The Doors - 01/03/69 show (mp3s) [Re: browndustin]
    #3042211 - 08/24/04 12:09 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

bless you my brother.....

--------------------

Without love in the dream
It will never come true

OfflineDreamer987
The VerbalHerman Munster
Female

Loc: Texas
    #3042658 - 08/24/04 02:10 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

thanx leary, you always got my fix for good music

p.s.
how the fuck do you keep finding all these images for your avatar?

--------------------

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

#3044104 - 08/24/04 12:09 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

are those from the boxset?

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

Re: The Doors - 03/01/69 show (mp3s) [Re: Learyfan]
    #3044623 - 08/24/04 02:37 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

You?re all welcome. You all deserve these files for being a part of The Shroomery, which is the greatest board on earth.

I forgot where I got the image in my avatar.

No Bio, those aren?t from the boxed set. The boxed set has "Five To One" on it, but not the rest. The rest are from a rare bootleg that Doors fanatics trade amongst each other.

:heart:

--------------------

Edited by Learyfan (01/02/12 10:34 AM)

OfflineHooty
Reality isRelative

#3044686 - 08/24/04 02:53 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

hey is this the miami show where jim allegedly exposed himself (although noone saw anything for sure)? Cause it seems like what he says before backdoor man is familiar and that would've been about the right time period.

edit: I checked the date and it definately is....wow. Thanks so much learyfan. That show was a historical night in rock n' roll for sure.

Edited by Hooty (08/24/04 02:59 PM)

OfflineHooty
Reality isRelative

Re: The Doors - 01/03/69 show (mp3s) [Re: Hooty]
    #3044731 - 08/24/04 03:04 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

If I remember correctly touch me is the song where he alleghedly pulled down his pants, and i'm pretty sure one of the security guards or somethign tried to stop him, which would be what all the yelling is about in that song....him saying you ruined it makes a lot of sense too. Supposedly the whole thing was going to be a statement by jim on freedom of speech and change and what have you and he supposedly had underwear on under his pants when he tried to pull them down...but the guard stopped him and ruined the whole thing. Are you sure there are any songs after those? I was under the impression that the show stopped after that.

--------------------

It will never come true

OfflineHooty
Reality isRelative

#3045107 - 08/24/04 04:40 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I hate to make three posts in a row on the same thread but this one got me into a sort of doors induced frinzy...I'm going to transcribe part of chapter 8 of No One Here Gets Out Alive by Jerry Hopkins and Daniel Sugerman. This is from chapter 8 reguarding the miami show. Actaully by the time I get done probably other people will have posted. Sorry it's so long, but I figure someone will enjoy it.

Here ya go:

A hot steamy Southern night. Jim's knees buckled. He caught himself with one hand on the huge black amplifier on the stage to his right and with the other hand he raised a large brown beer bottle and guzzled. On his chin was a new beard, giving him a Mephistophelan toughness. A dark collarless shirt was worn outside his black leather pants to hide the whiskey paunch. Jim sqinted into the smokiness at his audience.

It was a few minutes of eleven o'clock as he swallowed the last of the beer. The Doors were more than an hour late in starting and the audience was fever pitched. It was the band's first appearance in Florida-the result of their winning a popularity poll on the University of Miami campus-but even the most avid fans can grow tense when far too many of them are packed into an old seaplane hangar without seats and ventilation.

Ray and Robby and John moved toward their instruments in the darkness. Ray glanced nervously at John, who was so bitter about Jim's tardiness that his grip on his drumssticks was knuckle-white. Ray's eyes moved to Robby, who was cradling his guitar absently, as if unaware of the tension.

Backstage the Miami promoters were arguing angrily with Bill Siddons and on of the Doors' agents who'd flown down from New York to "straighten things out." Siddons had believed the promoters when they said their maximum box-office take for the show would be $42,000, and had agreed to accept a flat fee of $25,000 for the show rather than have the contract specify the usual 60 percent of the gross. After he had signed and returned the contract, the promoters removed the seats and sold another seven thousand tickets. Bill was insulted and furious.

Jim leaned over the mixing board behind the drums to ask Vince Treanor for another bee. Vince's official job was to supervise the setup, breakdown, and maintenance of the Doors' impressive sound system; his unofficial job was to dispense Jim's drinks. But this time he shook his head no. He didn't have any more beer, how about a Coke?

"Don't blow it," Vince said quietly. "This is the first time we've been in Miami."

Jim turned away, walked to the edge of the stage, and elched. Peering into the resless darkness, he asked if anybody had anythign to drink. Someone came forward with a bottle of cheap wine.

First Ray called to John to begin "Break On Through," the song began most Doors sets. They played the intro for nearly 10 minutes. It didn't work. Jim wasn't listening. He was talking some kids in the audience, sharing a paper cup. The Doors fell into a silence again, as Jim clambered to his feet and grabbed the slim, gold microphone.

"I'm not talking about revolution!"

The voice was a strident bark, a shot taht sounded like the start of a recitation.

"I'm talking about having a ggoooooooood time. I'm talking about having a good time this summer. You all come out to L.A., you all get out there. We're gonna lie down there in the sand and rub our toes in the ocean and we're gonna have a good time. Are you ready? Are you readddyyy! ARR yew rreeadYY!! Are you ready? Are...are...a-r-e yewwww....wowowowooo.....aahhhwoooo suck....aahhh suck..."

The band was crashing into the opening of a familiar song from the first album, "Back Door Man."

"Louder! Come on, band! Get it louder! Come on! Yeahh. Yay-ehhh. Ahhhmmm uh back door mann...."

Four lines into the song Jim stopped singing and began talking again. He sounded apologetic. Was he speaking to Pamela as well as to the crowd?

"Hey listen," he shouted, "I'm lonely. I need some love, you all. Come on. I need some good times. I want some love-a, love-ah. Ain't nobody gonna love my ass? Come on."

The crowd gasped.

"I need ya. There's so many of ya out there and noboy's gonna love me, sweetheart come on. I need it, I need it, I need it, need ya, need ya. Come on! Yeah! I love ya. Come on. Nobody gonna come up here and love me, huh? All right for you, baby. That's too bad. I'll get somebody else."

The musicians were barely hanging in through most of the plea. When Jim paused, they began "Five to One" and he puicked it up, singing the first verse fairly coherently. Then he made another speech, inspired by the greed of the promoters in jamming so many people togeather, but also by Paradise Now.

"You're all a bunch of fuckin' idiots!"

Again the crowd gasped.

"lettin' people tell you what you're gonna do! Lettin' people push you around. How long do you think it's gonna last? How long are you gonna let 'em push you around? How long? Maybe you love it, maybe you love gettin your face stuck in the shit..."

Jim was taunting them, just as the actors in the Living Theatre taunted their spectators, trying to shatter their lethargy.

"You're all a bunch of slaves!" Jim shouted. "What are you gonna do about it, what are you gonna do, waht are you gonna do?" His voice was a hoarse shout. Then he resumed singing: "Your ballroom days are over, bayy-bee/Night is drawing near."

Somehow the song was concluded and Jim began to talk again. "I'm not talkin about no revolution, I'm not talking about no demonstration. I'm not talkin about getting out in the streets. I'm talking about havin some fun. I'm talkin about dancin. I'm talkin about love. I'm talkin about some love. Love love love love love love. Grab yer...fuckin fruiend and love him. Come oooaaan. Yeeaahh!

Then, as if to set an example, Jim pulled his shirt over his head and threw it into the audience, where it disappeared like meat thrown to a pack of ravenous dogs. As he watched, he hooked his thums into the top of his pants and started playing with the buckle. This was the moment that Jim had been planning since seeing Paradise Now. He had prepared for it carefully. But he hadn't said anything to anyone in the band.

Ray called for "Touch Me," hoping to draw Jim's attention back to the music. Jim sang two lines and stopped.

"Heyyyyy, wait a minute, wait a minute. Hey wait a minute, this is all fucked up-no, wait a minute, wait a minute, wait a minute! You blew it, you blew it, now come oannn. Wait a minute! I'm not gonna take this shit! Fuck you! he hollered.

He was red-faced, his voice a bellowing growl, the microphone rammed into his mouth.

"Bullshit!"

The crowd roared.

Jim began to unbuckle his belt. Ray called to Vince, "Vince, Vince, stop him! Don't let him do it!"

Vince leaped over the sound baord in front of him and in two strides was behind Jim, one hand stuck down Jim's pants at the small of his back, the other pushing against Jim's back higher up, making it impossible for Jim to undo the buckle.

"Don't do it, Jim don't do it," Vince urged.

Although Jim rarely wore underwear, on this night he wore boxer shorts so large he had them pulled up over the top of his leather pants. He had planned to shed his trousers, yet still not expose himself, go the "legal limit" propsed in Paradise Now. Jim knew what he was doing. He had planned this carefully. Now Ray's decision and Vince's physical restraint aborted his plan. The arrival of paradise would be delayed.

Amazingly the band was still playing "Touch Me," albeit haphazardly. Finally Jim relaxed and the concert resumed.

Jim remained obviously drunk, although the beer had been cut off and he had stopped going to the audience for drinks. He slurred his words hoarsly. He forgot the lyrics to songs and got lost in the middle of verses, going back and repeating himself. He delivered an insulting rap about being born and going to school in Florida, "but then I got smart and I went out to the beautiful state of California." An aquaintance from Los Angeles, an eccentric named Louis Marvin, for whom the Doors had played one of their first parties in 1966, came forward carrying a lamb and gave it to Jim to hold. "I'd fuck her you know," Jim said, "but she's too young." Then he removed a cops hat and sailed it into the sweating mass before him...and the cop took a hat that had been given to Jim and tossed it in the same direction, to much laughter.

There were phrases he returned to again and again, between and in the middle of songs. "I wanna see some dancing, I wanna see some fun" was one. "There are no rules, there are no limits" was another. There could be no doubt about his inspiration and motivation. "Hey listen," he called,"I used to think the whole thing was a big joke. I thought it was something to laugh about, and then the last couple of nights I met some people who were doin' somethin'. They're tryin' to change the world, and I wanna get on the trip. I wanna change the world."

For nearly an hour Jim invited and badgered the audience to join him onstage and at the one-hour mark in the show they began to come forward. One of the promoters spoke into the microphone: "Someone's gonna get hurt," and threatened to stop the show. THe kids kept coming. Now there were more than a hundred, milling around, dancing to the music the Doors somehow continued to play.

"We're not leaving until we get our rocks off," Jim shouted. He began dancing with two or three girls. The stage was vibrating so much, John and Robby thought it was going to collapse. Even more kids started scrambling for handholds on the rim of the stage to haul themselves up. Finally, one of the promoter's security men, who held a black belt in karate, reached into the onstage swarm and with a proficient flip tossed Jim off the stage. He landed in an empty space, got up and formed a human snake, and began trailing hundreds of kids behind him. He reappeared in the balcony a few minutes later, waved to the crowd, then disappeared into the dressing room. The show was over.

--------------------

It will never come true

Edited by Hooty (08/24/04 04:53 PM)

Invisiblemuse_sick
ĤŌĿŶĞЋ0$Ŧ

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Giu La Testa
    #3045191 - 08/24/04 04:54 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

cool post
thanks a lot
i shold read that book

--------------------
:beakedwhale:

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

#3045293 - 08/24/04 05:13 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Yep that's the show.

Here's the full set list.......

1) "Backdoor Man"
2) "Five To One"
3) "Touch Me"
4) "Love Me Two Times"
5) "When The Music's Over/Away In India"
6) "Light My Fire"

I'm still working on getting the other tracks, but it's harder than I had thought. I'll update this thread as I get the tracks........

--------------------

Edited by Learyfan (01/02/12 10:35 AM)

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

#3045308 - 08/24/04 05:17 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

you rule

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

#3054103 - 08/26/04 03:29 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks Bio, but I think that you rule. That?s why you deserve these files.

Ok folks, I have some good news and some bad news. The good news is that I have most of the remaining tracks available for you below. The bad news is that they?re 128kbps and also "When The Music?s Over/Away In India" is too big for me to upload to my site. In order for me to share that file with you guys, one of you guys is going to need to let me use some webspace. The file is around 21mb.

But here?s the tracks that I have. They?re broken up a little bit differently than the track listing that I have listed above........

[links are now dead]

--------------------

Edited by Learyfan (01/02/12 10:36 AM)

OfflineHooty
Reality isRelative

#3054287 - 08/26/04 04:20 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

you fucking rock learyfan. i wish I had some web space i'd let you upload the when the music's over, unfortunately I do not.

--------------------

It will never come true

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

dfhh [Re: Learyfan]
    #3054302 - 08/26/04 04:24 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

:thumbup:

That's ok, i'm sure one of these fine Shroomerites will lend me some space.

--------------------

Edited by Learyfan (01/03/15 10:51 AM)

InvisibleKackleDude
transmundaneother

Loc: Close to the Edge, Down b...
    #3056319 - 08/27/04 12:18 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

stellar dude, thanks!

--------------------
yeeeahh, it's gonna be well wicked

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
    #3056536 - 08/27/04 01:16 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

holy shit.

best post ever.

HUGE doors fan. Ever since I was a little kid. God I love the way those guys play.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Invisibleivi
 User Gallery

#3056712 - 08/27/04 02:11 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Hey Learyfan! :laugh:

Fantastic stuff! As always.

Where have You been? Haven't seen You on the boards too often lately.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom