Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinegrib
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Here and there
"I served with John Kerry. He is lying about his record."
    #3044204 - 08/24/04 02:33 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Said Clackamas County district attorney Alfred French. Unfortunately his statements are hearsay. As a DA you would think that Mr. French would at least give a nod to 'known fact' vs. 'hearsay'.

Quote:

In an interview with The Oregonian newspaper last week, French said he relied on the accounts of three other veterans in making the statement about Kerry and did not personally witness the events.

The creditability of Mr. French should be diminished in the eyes of the citizens of Clackamas County. I wouldn't want this guy speaking for me.

Vets Protest Prosecutor in Anti-Kerry Ad Oregon Vets Protest Assistant District Attorney's Statement in Ad That Kerry Lies About Record The Associated Press

PORTLAND, Ore. Aug. 24, 2004 ? Several Vietnam veterans are calling for an assistant district attorney to resign after questions were raised about his statement in a recent ad criticizing Democrat John Kerry's military service.
Alfred French of the Clackamas County district attorney's office appears in the ad sponsored by the group Swift Boat Veterans for Truth. In the spot, French says: "I served with John Kerry. ... He is lying about his record."

A group of Vietnam veterans who protested outside the county courthouse Monday said French implied he had firsthand knowledge of Kerry's war actions when in fact he had heard about what Kerry did from friends.

In an interview with The Oregonian newspaper last week, French said he relied on the accounts of three other veterans in making the statement about Kerry and did not personally witness the events. French did not return two messages left at his office Monday.

"As a senior assistant district attorney, you know as well as we do that that kind of ridiculous statement would never pass muster in a court of law," veteran Terry Kirsch said of French's account.

"We question your fitness to serve as an enforcer of the law after swearing to facts in a legal affidavit that you do not know to be true," he said.

Before recording the ad, French signed an affidavit that said: "I am able to swear, as I do hereby swear, that all facts and statements contained in this affidavit are true and correct and within my personal knowledge and belief."

It goes on to say that "Kerry has wildly exaggerated and lied about his record in Vietnam" and that he received his Purple Heart medals "in the absence of hostile fire."

Kerry was awarded three Purple Hearts, a Bronze Star and a Silver Star as commander of a Navy swift boat in Vietnam.

District Attorney John Foote released a statement Monday chiding French for bringing unwanted publicity to the suburban county's office, but stood by his employee.

"I do not personally share the opinions expressed by our prosecutor," Foote wrote. "However, all of our employees have the right to their own opinions on these subjects and to express their opinions on their own time."

--------------------
<~>Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake <~>

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
Re: "I served with John Kerry. He is lying about his record." [Re: grib]
    #3044325 - 08/24/04 03:13 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

fortunatly for Alfred French, he's not on trial, in a court nor pleading a case.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Offlinegrib
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: "I served with John Kerry. He is lying about his record." [Re: Innvertigo]
    #3044422 - 08/24/04 03:44 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

fortunately...

--------------------

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#3044595 - 08/24/04 04:29 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

EXACTLY.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #3044652 - 08/24/04 04:43 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Attacking Kerry's record, is an attack on the entire chain of Naval command at that time. Medals are NOT handed out on the word of the potential recipient of the award (doh!) They are based on accounts of those who served with him and his commanding officer and an investigation by special committee. (I was a Viet Nam Era Navy vet).

Yet no one is slamming the investigators nor his commander! Why not? Doesn't look good to say the entire chain was duped and was full of imcompetents. There would be a major backlash.

Why were these indignant Swift Boat vets not speaking out 30 years ago? Were they pussies then that suddenly grew balls? Have their memories improved? (Hint: $$$)  :thumbdown:

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Invisibleretread
-=HasH=-
Re: "I served with John Kerry. He is lying about his record." [Re: Swami]
    #3044747 - 08/24/04 05:07 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Swami said:
Attacking Kerry's record, is an attack on the entire chain of Naval command at that time. Medals are NOT handed out on the word of the potential recipient of the award (doh!) They are based on accounts of those who served with him and his commanding officer and an investigation by special committee. (I was a Viet Nam Era Navy vet).

Excerpted from http://frontierwebdesign.com/stopjohn/archives/000208.htm
"As of May 17, 220 of the 229 Swift boat veterans contacted by the group have agreed to sign an open letter to Senator John F. Kerry that challenges his fitness to serve as America's Commander-in-Chief. Signers of the letter include the entire chain of command above Lt. John Kerry in Vietnam: Lt. Commander Grant Hibbard, Lt. Commander George Elliott, Captain Charles Plumly, Captain Adrian Lonsdale USCG, and Rear Admiral Roy Hoffman"

I read somewhere that his CO didn't want to sign off on his medals, but he constantly bagered him until he did.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: "I served with John Kerry. He is lying about his record." [Re: retread]
    #3044817 - 08/24/04 05:22 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I read somewhere...
Very convincing!

...that his CO didn't want to sign off on his medals, but he constantly bagered him until he did.
A commanding office *drum roll please* COMMANDS, else he is unfit for duty. He does not kowtow.

Signers of the letter include the entire chain of command above Lt. John Kerry in Vietnam.
The awarding of a medal MUST be signed off by the chain-of-command. This is either an error, they are hypocrites, or they failed to do their duty at the time.

Which is it?

--------------------

Invisibleretread
-=HasH=-
    #3044839 - 08/24/04 05:28 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I don't know and I don't care. Do you think it's a usual occurance for a 4 month veteran to have a chest full of medals, and that the unusual occurance has some causal factor ? Or did the amount of medals he received come to about par for the course of Navy personnel in-country in 'nam

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#3044900 - 08/24/04 05:42 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I did not see combat so cannot comment on its "usualness". All I can tell you is YOU CANNOT AWARD A MEDAL TO YOURSELF. Got it?

--------------------

Invisibleretread
-=HasH=-
    #3044918 - 08/24/04 05:46 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

How long were you there? Did you ever recieve any "wounds" that require band-aid level of medical attention? how many medals do you have? From your experience, is that normal to have THAT MANY medals? How many medals did his underlings get?

OfflineZahid
Stranger
    #3044935 - 08/24/04 05:50 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I don't see how being wounded the most makes someone a better leader.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
    #3045046 - 08/24/04 06:22 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Swami said:
Attacking Kerry's record, is an attack on the entire chain of Naval command at that time.

You have got to be kidding. Any dedicated scammer can game a system as bloated as the military. Kerry knew the rules and he got out after 4 months because he finagled 2 phony purple hearts. You don't HAVE to leave after 3 but you can. He sure didn't seem interested in sticking around. He is a self-aggrandizing cunt campaigning on a lie. He never should've brought this shit up. There was a POW talking about how Hanoi Hannah gleefully played his senate testimony describing American soldiers as baby-killing criminals while he was a prisoner. These guys really, really hate his fucking guts because he is a total cunt. And will anybody tell me what this fuck-noodle stands for anyway? Just what legislation has he produced in all his decades in the Senate?

I'm telling you all, this is a bad guy. He's even a fucking gold-digger, which is a whore, only smarter. I hate him and everything he stands for.

--------------------

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
Re: "I served with John Kerry. He is lying about his record." [Re: zappaisgod]
    #3045151 - 08/24/04 06:47 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Don't sugar coat it, tell us how you REALLY feel.

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

Invisibleretread
-=HasH=-
Re: "I served with John Kerry. He is lying about his record." [Re: Zahid]
    #3045267 - 08/24/04 07:09 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Do your muscles ache from dodging my questions so often?

How long were you in Vietnam, and how many medals do you have? Did you ever recieve an injury that required a band-aid, and did you recieve any medals or special commendations for it? Do you know people that served four months, in any capacity, and came back with the same, or even close to, number of medals that Kerry did? Do you know many vets who have three purple hearts but probably couldn't produce ONE scar to show what they got them for? My father was one of the "chosin" few and hes got the scars and the limp from his ONE purple heart. If you don't feel like answering my questions, please do post some innane off topic non sequitor remark, the people that read it will know whats up when they see that.

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: "I served with John Kerry. He is lying about his record. [Re: Swami]
    #3045319 - 08/24/04 07:19 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

(I was a Viet Nam Era Navy vet).

wow, you could be president!!

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

OfflineZahid
Stranger
    #3045349 - 08/24/04 07:26 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Have you ever seen a Indochinese cheese cloth? That's what this election is like.

--------------------

Offlinegrib
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3045401 - 08/24/04 07:39 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

retread said:
Quote:

Swami said:

Excerpted from http://frontierwebdesign.com/stopjohn/archives/000208.htm
"As of May 17, 220 of the 229 Swift boat veterans contacted by the group have agreed to sign an open letter to Senator John F. Kerry that challenges his fitness to serve as America's Commander-in-Chief. Signers of the letter include the entire chain of command above Lt. John Kerry in Vietnam: Lt. Commander Grant Hibbard, Lt. Commander George Elliott, Captain Charles Plumly, Captain Adrian Lonsdale USCG, and Rear Admiral Roy Hoffman"

I read somewhere that his CO didn't want to sign off on his medals, but he constantly bagered him until he did.

LOL! Who are http://frontierwebdesign.com/ ? Stop Hanoi John...  :crazy2:

Thanks for the laugh :wink:

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: "I served with John Kerry. He is lying about his record." [Re: Evolving]
    #3045761 - 08/24/04 08:44 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Evolving said:
Don't sugar coat it, tell us how you REALLY feel.

I bet he meant to say Kerry is a poop-head.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: "I served with John Kerry. He is lying about his record." [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #3045807 - 08/24/04 08:55 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

He's a doodie.

--------------------

OfflineWorf
Lt. Commander

Loc: Final Frontier
    #3046643 - 08/25/04 12:47 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Alfred French said in the ad and swore in an affidavit, ?I served with John Kerry. ... He is lying about his record.? French subsequently acknowledged he relied on the accounts of other veterans and did not witness Kerry in combat.

That guy must be a scuba diver because when he walks it goes FLIPPITY FLOP FLOP FLOP!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5807010/

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

General Interest >> Political Discussion