Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Inspire strikesback

Loc: jacksonville, NC
My recent field trip
    #3043599 - 08/24/04 11:54 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

during a long weekend away from work i spent some time with my good friends and brother who were all in the process of getting some legal matters straightened out and moving out of the current apartment because of an eviction based on alot of BS. With my mood set to help my lady friend pack we ended up spending the weekend just having fun since i was only down for a few days and she wasnt in the mood to pack.

We had planned to get some cubes from a friend for a small price but phone tag was the name of the game so it never happened. On my last day in town i decided it was time to hit up the ole hunting grounds.

getting out there was a lil rough since the path was a bit overgrown and the last two days rain storms make the mud horrid and the lil creek became a rater big creek.

When i arrived to the field there was some kind of construction work going on 3 pastures over so i was moving inbetween the workers hauling away their loads.

Now i normally hunt along the far north treeline where the grass is think and the dung is aplenty, never a failure on that treeline. as i was sneaking my way there i stumbled upong some copes ( i never pick those for some reason) and took that as a good omen, seeing as i was hunting at 4:30 pm, and just happend to look to my left and on the treeline where i have NEVER found a cube were 4 huge babies growing all togeter telling me "pick us pick us" so i did. Seeing that i knew my luck would be in today. I hurried along that same tree line ready to get to my main hunting grounds and picked a few smaller cubnes in that area. Getting my grounds the boomers were everywhere with alot of small fresh ones. I spent about 30 mins coming the shorter grasses and the lil wooded clearing.

this is what i found there.

And on my way back as i was getting worried about the construction i decided to just dash across the corner to save some time and the sunlight brought me this beauty.

all in all was a good hunt though not as fruitful as i had hopped.

btw they are drying now as to the apperance.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Giu La Testa
Re: My recent field trip [Re: Jvilleshroomer]
    #3043644 - 08/24/04 12:09 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

great find buddy!
keep hunting
i can't wait till we get to try hunting together
although for some reason methinks this was AL?

Inspire strikesback

Loc: jacksonville, NC
Re: My recent field trip [Re: muse_sick]
    #3043819 - 08/24/04 01:02 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

yeah this was alabama.

saw a few local fields as i drove through my area in NC this morning i want to take a closer look at. ( i normally drive the route here at night so i missed all these fields till today.)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification