Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Gel Caps, Pressure Cooker, Rye Grain

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinecarpediem13
wanderer
Loc: Europe
Rye/Gel Caps/PC Questions
    #3042838 - 08/24/04 06:31 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

1- How much rye (on adverage... don't bs about it depending :smile: )does it take to fill a quart jar to the desired 3/4 level using... oh, lets just say the rye tek of Magash? Trying to figure out how far one can stretch 10 lbs of it :smile:

2- Someone said about storing shroom powder in gel caps. Can air enter the capsules or is this a pretty safe method?

3- Say you get one of those little portable propane grills they use for camping and use that to heat the pressure cooker to the appropriate pressure... is that safe? I don't want to use a regular kitchen stove.

Thanks guys... you're the best :smile:

--------------------
Life is a dream on the way to death...

Edited by carpediem13 (08/24/04 06:59 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleLoki
fluid druid
 User Gallery

Loc: Zone ate
Re: Rye/Gel Caps/PC Questions [Re: carpediem13]
    #3043214 - 08/24/04 10:03 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

1)......... I'm in europe and have no clue what a quart is.

2) Theycan be stored for long peroids, upto a year with no problems, yes, there will be a little gas exchange, but as long as they are stored in a cool, dry place no problems will be encountered.

3) yes, that will work out fine, a gas ring is a gas ring, indoors or out.

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Re: Rye/Gel Caps/PC Questions [Re: carpediem13]
    #3043248 - 08/24/04 10:17 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

1. I use 1 1/4 cup per jar. Magash uses one cup, but i found that it doesn't fill the jars up too quite my own desired level.

2. If you live in a place with high humidity i could foresee problems. But then you could also have problems just drying them stored. Some people like to store them in a freezer. I prefer to just dry em and not turn them into powder. Taking a capsule takes something out of the experience of eating mushrooms in my opinion.

3. That would be fine. Id do it our doors though just for safetys sake. It could become a fire hazard if done haphazardly. There was a post from someone who fell asleep while PCing. Hes lucky he didnt burn his house down.

Good luck.

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Gel Caps, Pressure Cooker, Rye Grain

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation