Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineCrawfish
bluegrasstfari
Loc: Island of Mu
How to tell?
    #3042752 - 08/24/04 03:01 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

How do you folks tell if the "choclates" you just ate realy contain shrooms? The fellow who made these told me he used 5 grams in each, I ate one and a half. In thirty minutes, I felt the head change which is kinda fast for me. I had an increadibly fast trip, peaked strong and hard in like one hour. I also had a bad metallic taste in my mouth and real powerful muscle strain. I kept stretching and flexing the muscles in my legs and arms unconcoiusly. I had only a minor visiual experience and none of the bells and whistles I usualy experience. I have had great experiences with raw wet fresh shrooms, but the two times I've eaten choclates (fron seprate sorces) I did not like it Sam I am! Is it the choclate? Or are there unscruplous persons out there passing off something else as shrooms? Is that even possible? He was munching away on them also from the same batch. In short (heh, right) are there ways to "fake" choclates? Or could it have been the fact I was a good bit depressed before I dosed? Once again thank you fer your help and...

Pax to Y'all
Crawfish

P.S. on the plus side, the depression went bye-bye the next day and I feel great. It was not a bad trip so to speak, just weird.

--------------------
The "Lore" is the history of time ever since back before the beginning of time, everything up thru now. 'specially right now, and everything into the future and everything after what will be in the future, all this and more than this best get you some SOMS!!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDreamer987
The VerbalHerman Munster
Female

Loc: Texas
Re: How to tell? [Re: Crawfish]
    #3042774 - 08/24/04 03:28 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

It sounds like you were bamboozled.

no worrys tho,now you know to just grow your own. PF tek in the cultivation section aught to do you right

--------------------

OfflineCrawfish
bluegrasstfari
Re: How to tell? [Re: Dreamer987]
    #3042796 - 08/24/04 03:53 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Is the metalic taste normal? I get it some times more often than not.
Thanks for the reply... keep on truckin!

Pax Y'all
Crawfish

--------------------
The "Lore" is the history of time ever since back before the beginning of time, everything up thru now. 'specially right now, and everything into the future and everything after what will be in the future, all this and more than this best get you some SOMS!!!!

OfflineTheSlapnCapn
Slappin' thangs.
Male User Gallery

Loc: zee mountain state
    #3043130 - 08/24/04 07:07 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

yeah i get a weird taste when i trip... wouldn't call it metallic... but... it's a weird taste....

More times than not they will simply over-rate the amount of shrooms in each chocolate....

2 grams is the average...

3.5 grams is the average amount supposedly in each chocolate.

In short... don't buy chocolates unless they're cheap... only encourages this gayness... 25 bucks for a chocolate... gimme a break...

-j

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
    #3043740 - 08/24/04 10:39 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

eat em, yeah chocolates useually have 2 grams, he said 5 grams? I doubt it.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

OfflineCrawfish
bluegrasstfari
Re: How to tell? [Re: gdman]
    #3047153 - 08/25/04 12:59 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

These were free so I should probably stop my bitchin huh?:yesnod: I just wanted to know if there was a widespread B.S. thing or if tere is any common mischeif to look out for. I have not eaten many choclates but have taken the mindblow express many many times. And each cho-trip was not near the power of a fresh or dried shroom trip.

But,

I just read about the full stomach, empty stomach debate going on and that may be the thing. I never have paid a lot of attention to that before. Any one know if high blood pressure or disorders like that might cause a difrent experience? How about cigarett smoking? Asking too many questions? Probably... :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:

peace to y'all
Crawfish

--------------------

Edited by Crawfish (08/25/04 02:12 AM)

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
    #3055580 - 08/26/04 09:06 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

if they were really 5 grams, i think you would have noticed :grin:

usually i think people say they put around 3-4 grams per chocolate, but really have put 2-3 grams...

just convince people that you only have 10 bucks and it'll be alright!

--------------------

OfflinePhychotron
Crazy Mofo
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: In A Forest Of Colossal F...
    #3055610 - 08/26/04 09:13 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

if you had 1 and a half of 5g chocolates, that's 7.5g of mushrooms... if you were still in this universe, then you didnt eat that much... i think the most you can put in chocolate is about 2g. think about it, 5g in 1 chocolate (size of an ice cube) would leave virtualy no room for chocolate... even if it was powdered and compressed really good...

--------------------
On a mission to prove that the truth gets you no where.
They tried the truth, It didn't work. Then they wrote the bible. 

Only the foolish fear the inevitable.

OfflineImYourSpedFriend
Fear and Loathing
Male

Loc: NH
    #3055718 - 08/26/04 09:32 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Slightly off topic here: Wasn't there something around the site somewhere on how to make mushy chocolates? I can't seem to find it... if someone could throw that link my way that would be killer :grin: ...

:peace::gd_icon::peace:
Speddy

OfflineCrawfish
bluegrasstfari
Re: How to tell? [Re: ImYourSpedFriend]
    #3057149 - 08/27/04 07:56 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I guess I'm not asking the question well enough. What I was trying to figure out is there any substance out there(rat poision, beef brains, venemous ducks, ect.) that will give you a psuedo-trip that souless people might try to pass off as mushroom-chocolates? I have had a fear since back in my Beavis and Butt-head blotter days that what I was getting was not LSD, E, or any of the other psychedlics. I know with out a doubt that when I chomp a nice big cap that I'm getting the real deal. Mayhaps it's just a mindfuck thing I've been carying around with me for too long and just need to let go. I have had several friends tell me that "acid" has no actual LSD in it (God I sound like a bumpkin) and there has been no comercially avaliable LSD since the late 60's. It's never stoped me from tryng what was available, how ever. Any thoughts?

--------------------

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
    #3057416 - 08/27/04 09:46 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

mushrooms are farily cheap and easy to produce. so no I doubt anyone will pass something else off. also they are fairly commenly used by people who use such things, I know I sure would be able to tell if I ate some rc that was passed off as mushrooms.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

OfflineBarbi
Plastic Person

Re: How to tell? [Re: gdman]
    #3057428 - 08/27/04 09:47 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

People seem to pas off storebought mush all the time as psychedelic mush.. but thats all I've really seen except fake chocolates or fake 'ground up powder' in capsules.

OfflineCrawfish
bluegrasstfari
Re: How to tell? [Re: Barbi]
    #3057468 - 08/27/04 09:57 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

rc?

--------------------

OfflineCrawfish
bluegrasstfari
    #3057513 - 08/27/04 10:08 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Oh and by the by thanks for taking a newbie under yer wing and treating him (me) with such respect and honor even though I sound like I have not a clue... I have tried before to grow my own, got the mail order thang from Mushroom People, went through the pressure cooker, agar medium, petri dish and on to the inevitable bread mold stage but never got it past the mycellium. Then I lost the spore print and BAM ten years have past and I think I may be ready to try again... but slowly, slowly, and with much planning. I hope some one has found an easer way to do it.

--------------------

OfflineBarbi
Plastic Person

#3057543 - 08/27/04 10:15 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

do PF tek. its the easiest thing in the world. Screw agar and crap for a first timer.

OfflineCrawfish
bluegrasstfari
Re: How to tell? [Re: ImYourSpedFriend]
    #3057553 - 08/27/04 10:17 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

If you look under (at the top o' the page) Mush info, then experienceing mushrooms, then mushroom recipies the choclate recipie is there. That what you kneed? Or need as the case may be. :goodluck:

--------------------

OfflineCrawfish
bluegrasstfari
Re: How to tell? [Re: Barbi]
    #3057571 - 08/27/04 10:22 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

PF tek fairly safe to mail order from?

--------------------

OfflineImYourSpedFriend
Fear and Loathing
Male

Loc: NH
    #3058253 - 08/27/04 01:07 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks man ... I've gots to be blind to have missed that  :thanx: :grin:

InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
    #3058283 - 08/27/04 01:16 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Here ya go forget the tek. I made this pretty easy Take a look

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck