Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineHagbardCeline
Student-Teacher-Student-Teacher
Male User Gallery

Loc: Overjoyed, at the bottom ...
So you wanna do something about change?
    #3041975 - 08/24/04 12:52 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Silversoul's recent thread about saving America is something I'm sure many of us have long thought about.  The problem is so vast and entrenched that it seems nothing short of a miracle could bring about change.

I've toyed with several ideas but they always come back to the same thing - unifying people. 

At the time it was going on, I was unsure about the recall election in California.  But results speak for themselves.  Voter turnout was unusually high, around 62% of registered voters.  That can't be bad.

A big reason I believe politicians seem untouchable is that people forgot what they had done by election time.  If we were able to take some issue on the forefront, show how this person failed the people, then recall them, I believe politicians would have to rethink their strategy for dealing with us commoners.  They wouldn't have the job security they had become accustomed to.  I can't see anyone that is recalled ever getting reelected, it's just too damaging.  We'd also have to probably have some rule that the winner of a recall election is immune to recall or it might turn into one never ending mess.

Immigration would be a perfect issue to start.  That is one thing that a vast majority of Americans are upset with how it's being handled. 

It just seems like people really get motivated by this, they see that they can have a direct impact not only in getting who they think will do a better job, but by sending the message to those who do a bad one.  If there was a nationwide campaign that could be effectively organized, I think it would be the people best chance of effecting real change.  Unlike many other ideas as well, this one would guarantee free press.

What do the people think?  :smile:

--------------------
I keep it real because I think it is important that a highly esteemed individual such as myself keep it real lest they experience the dreaded spontaneous non-existance of no longer keeping it real. - Hagbard Celine

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineHagbardCeline
Student-Teacher-Student-Teacher
Male User Gallery

Loc: Overjoyed, at the bottom ...
Re: So you wanna do something about change? [Re: HagbardCeline]
    #3043684 - 08/24/04 12:23 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Is everyone so apathetic? Are we all talk?

Quote:

Politics, Activism and Law

At least tell me why it's a bad idea.

--------------------
I keep it real because I think it is important that a highly esteemed individual such as myself keep it real lest they experience the dreaded spontaneous non-existance of no longer keeping it real. - Hagbard Celine

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion