Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAneglakya
mephiticconjurator

coca paste
    #3041497 - 08/23/04 09:12 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

There is one who speaks to me of having 60 grams of dried coca leaves. This person is not me, I can assure you. This person understands that the yeild of coca paste from 60 grams of dried coca leaves would be incredibly small but this person still wishes to try to do so. Now this person has found basic outlines for the procedure online (will post such below) but this person cannot seem to find exact measurements and specifics (such as pH at various stages).. This person is asking for any advice on the subject regarding a more detailed description of the process as searching the web for some time did not result in much luck. Thank you.

-------------------(not so detailed extraction)-----------------------
Step 1

The coca leaves are put into an above ground container or in a plastic lined pit. An alkaline material (sodium carbonate) and water are added to the leaves. Here the alkaline material enables the cocaine alkaloid present in the leaf to be extracted into the kerosene.

Step 2

A water immiscible solvent (kerosene) is added to water, solution and leaves. The mixture is then agitated. Usually this is accomplished by having several people stomp on the leaves. The solvent acts to extract water insoluble cocaine alkaloids from the alkaline solution.

Step 3

Cocaine alkaloids and kerosene separate from the water and leaves. The water and leaves are then drained off.

Step 4

Cocaine alkaloids are extracted from the kerosene into a dilute acid solution (H2SO4). Alkaline material (sodium carbonate) is added to the remaining solution which causes a precipitate to form. The acid and the water are drained off and the precipitate is filtered and dried to produce coca paste, a chunky off-white to light brown, putty-like substance. As a guide to relative quantities of coca leaf and the resultant amount of coca paste, 250 pounds of dried coca leaf should provide approx. 2.2 pounds of coca paste. This is assuming the leaf is "worked" for a couple of days. The paste will contain approx. 30 percent cocaine alkaloid and 10 percent ecgonine depending on the variety and quality of the coca leaf.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMycoCakeEater
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Re: coca paste [Re: Aneglakya]
    #3041712 - 08/23/04 10:03 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Wow , where do I start. I have been trying for months to get this plant into my collection, but the coca plant is one o fthe hardest damn plant to aquire, or seeds too. (EDIT: Sorry man, thanks for sharing but no sources allowed :\ ), for coca plant things, www.rhodium.ws has a few teks for transforming the leaves in to a HCl. Good Luck!

Edited by Aneglakya (08/23/04 10:17 PM)

OfflineRandolph_Carter
НơĻ?ĢΉō

Loc: Shroomery B-list.
    #3041951 - 08/23/04 10:46 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

As mycocake said Rhodium is your man.

This page:
http://www.rhodium.ws/chemistry/cocaine.illicit.production.html
will address any concerns regarding technique from leaf to HCl.

If required, one could also UTFSE on www.thehive.ws

If anyones done a leave-HCl extraction and posted about it, it's probably there.

--------------------
"..all those molecules thrashing their kinky little tails, hot for destiny and the street."  Gibson

Nuke baby seals for Jesus!

(This has been a +1 production.)

OfflineAneglakya
mephiticconjurator

Re: coca paste [Re: Randolph_Carter]
    #3043709 - 08/24/04 10:28 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I didn't consider thehive but rhodium was the first place I thought of for my friend. Like I said this person only has a small amount of leaf and this person wouldn't end up with much of the final product (hcl) from this quantity. This person isn't really interested in hcl but more so a smokable paste. How cool would that be!?

I suppose if this person doesn't find the exact measurements this person will try it anyways and just sort of guestimate the pH and quantities to use.

--------------------

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #3043732 - 08/24/04 10:36 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

> this person will try it anyways and just sort of guestimate the pH

Guessing on the pH is a sure way to screw up most A/B extractions. If the pH is too close to neutral, nothing happens. If the pH is too far away from neutral, the magic molecules are torn apart (with most substances, I'm not that familiar with cocaine chemistry).

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

InvisibleMycoCakeEater
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Re: coca paste [Re: Seuss]
    #3044718 - 08/24/04 03:01 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah, the hive to me is like the message board to rhodium. Tons of Organic Chemistry knoledge can be extracted from those websites. BTW sorry about the source I was reffering to the info not the products they sell.

OfflineAneglakya
mephiticconjurator

Re: coca paste [Re: MycoCakeEater]
    #3044846 - 08/24/04 03:30 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

oh its cool mr mycocakeeater. I've been to that Rhodium link, if you notice its the same procedure I outline in my post. Thehive is the most hardcore of message boards in the whole world (wide web)

--------------------

InvisibleMycoCakeEater
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

#3044941 - 08/24/04 03:50 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Pm me. I got a present for you! :smile:

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery
Loc: S.E.
    #3048993 - 08/25/04 02:48 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

What's wrong with just making a tea from the leaves or better yet, just chewing on them? That's how the natives do it. This reminds me of how some people grow poppies and instead of making a tea they insist on a smokable opium and so they muck around with it and lose 3/4 of the actives. The authorities tend to overlook tea use but focus in on someone extracting chemicals. Of course only make a tea if it's legal where you are.

Stoney

OfflineAneglakya
mephiticconjurator

Re: coca paste [Re: Stonehenge]
    #3049112 - 08/25/04 03:33 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

You dont think that this person has tried this before.. this person has been doing that years now.. there is nothing wrong with it nor did I mention this person felt there was anything wrong with it. Whats wrong with wanting to explore different methods? This is how things are discovered. There is hardly any modern literature regarding new ways to make coca paste.. updated ways to make it that is applicable to us. only that older shit and those are just outlines. This person is exploring something new here.. well its ages old but due to the lack of good detailed information being available it is new to her and she wants to share it with everyone else here.

coca is a very amazing plant indeed. I dont see why the white people had to go and isolate cocaine, then blame the plant and now they want to irradicate it because of something THEY did. Coca is very nutritional and an important part of the diet of the natives.. I could go on and on but i'm sure you guys already know all about it. R. E. Shultes was a big fan of coca.

My friend just told me that reading this post is making her excited and that she is going to take 10 leaves, wet them with her spit, rub some Calcium (hydr)oxide** on the inner leaves so it doesn't burn her gums, and proceed to suck on this quid. When the effects start to wear off she will simply wet her fingertip, dip it in her container of lime and reapply to the leaves.

yummy! She is so excited right now she just told me that she wished All of you could try some too right now with her!

**(Hey, is edible lime hydroxide or oxide? CaOh or CaO, I forget and dont wanna look it up) on the inner leaves

--------------------

Offlinefelixhigh
Scientist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ly
    #3049231 - 08/25/04 04:06 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

i believe the coca paste is also often the deposits of the evaporated kerosene/gasoline (gasoline, believe me)...
that refining with water + acid + base is too fancy for those guys! it's often called 'base-coca-paste'... we know why.
it's smoked or eaten around the coca producing regions in the high north andes. 'coca-oil'...

FH

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures