Home | Community | Message Board

Zamnesia.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinejhon
FriggenFudge

Psilocybe Caerulipes??
    #3040391 - 08/23/04 07:01 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Found 4 grouped mushrooms growing on sticks and twigs and leaves in the woods of Maine. They have white hollow stems with brown near the top of the stem that wipes off so i assume its just the spores. the cap is moist and flat brownish white in the middle then fading to a dark brown on the edges of the cap , the gills are a dark brown connected right to the cap, spore print was brown. I picked this because i live in the geographical region where these do grow and it is the right time for them to be growing so i was pretty excited but before making a mistake i thought i would ask the people on this website. I can get a pic soon. if asked for, No bluing accured at all so i am kinda skeptical now..

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineGumbyM
Fishnologist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: BRICK CITY!
Trusted Identifier
Re: Psilocybe Caerulipes?? [Re: jhon]
    #3040437 - 08/23/04 07:22 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

If there is no bluing then you do not have caerulipes, they bruise very blue. The prints for these mushrooms should also be purple-brown, not just brown.

This mushroom has been very elusive up untill the last 2 years, not a very common find for most people. Try doing a search on here and looking at pasts posts about this mushroom.

Invisibleshroomydan
exshroomerite
 User Gallery

Loc: In the woods
    #3040456 - 08/23/04 07:29 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

A photo would be extreamly helpful. What you described may be P. caerupiles, which often will not show blue untill they have dried out. It is far more likely however that you have found some species of Psathyrella. I say this because P. caerupiles is very rare, and because Psathyrellas are very common.

Offlinejhon
FriggenFudge

Re: Psilocybe Caerulipes?? [Re: shroomydan]
    #3040626 - 08/23/04 08:09 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Also found another mushroom growing very close to the other had a slight purpleish blue color on the cap and on the stem, stem was mostly white like the other mushroom. The cap had the same features but diffrent color instead of white fading to brown, it was tanish brownish white fading to a very dim purple. Stem was hollow, the gills are purple on the edges and brown deep inside and the sporeprint turned out to be purplish brown mostly brown. very odd mushroom havent read or seen anything on these anywhere. Not sure if its the same thing of the other species which have probaably proven to not be cearulipes but diffrent colors. Dried alittle since and has turned VERY purple now still moist on the cap and tacky. stem is centimeter thick with a bulbous bottom

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #3041098 - 08/23/04 09:48 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

P. caerulipes is found in man made i environments and =very rare in the woods.

There are pictures posted at the Shroomery's ultivamte Shroom Guide her ein the FAGQ@. Look for the book and then go tio the species chapter and see the photos. The caps are never brown but a chestnut reddish yellow to straw yellow in drying.
Resembling a cyan without much of an undulated upturned wavy cap and white stem staining blue and the edges of the caps can also stain a light blue.

mj

May throuogh August until Septenmber in gardens inwoodchips in man-made environments.

Popular findings have been in Ohio, Michigan and West Virginia where last year 80 single people were arrested picking them in a single afternoon.

mj

Invisibleshroomydan
exshroomerite
 User Gallery

Loc: In the woods
    #3041120 - 08/23/04 09:52 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah, i'd say the second one with the thick stem and bulbous base is certainly not P. caerupiles, maybe some spieces of Cort. And the first ones, hell I don't know. I've been looking for six years and never found caerupiles. I don't know if they have hollow stems; I know P. cubensis sometimes has hollow stems, and sometimes not, depending on strain and habitat. It would be best if you could post a picture.

Offlinesuperblingtheory
ghettogepetto

Loc: Omnipresent
    #3041848 - 08/24/04 12:26 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Doubt it highly- the difference between azure and purple is signifigant and plus I hate to admit to how uncommon these are- but they are - I wouldn't reccomend you eat a damn thing- lots of people think brown looks purple-brown and die or get sick. Dying seems so distant for something so easy to do. Pics for ids. That's the gold fucknugget of it all. Sorry dude. I wish someone would make a damn Caerulipes find- I've gone through all sorts of death defying shit in pursuit of these and someone elses finds I think would leave me feeling validated.

--------------------

Guts and danger, Airborne Ranger...

InvisibleSugarMagnolia
WecanhaveHIGHtimesifyoudontmind

Loc: Halfway between here and ...
Re: Psilocybe Caerulipes?? [Re: superblingtheory]
    #3042087 - 08/24/04 01:30 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I too have been on endless searches for this mushroom.  I am hopping someone will find them.  I read somewhere that if you are lucky enough to find them that they usually come up in the same spot every season.  I think I need to go for a hunt tomorrow.  :smile:
Good luck to all looking for these elusive mushrooms!

--------------------
Peace,Love,& Shroominess! My favorite Mushroom site!

Offlinejhon
FriggenFudge

Re: Psilocybe Caerulipes?? [Re: SugarMagnolia]
    #3042735 - 08/24/04 04:48 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah I know for a fact now that the first species i found was not cearulipes. The second im very sure is not Psycheoactive but is a very beutiful mushroom the purples are great for the eye. The spore print deffinitly had purple in it and brown. I'll get pictures of this species if anyone can help me out to finding out the name I would be very friggen grateful. No need to post pictures of the other find im sure its nothing and i dont wanna know what it was. thank you all for the help...

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification