Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineChiefSS
Vote 4 Pedro
First time San Pedro, How much?
    #3038636 - 08/23/04 04:33 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Hey guys, im pretty excited to say im about to take my first mescaline trip, if all goes well. I blended up about 12 feet of 10 year old san pedro, boiled with lemon juice for an hour, strained through a sheet, re boiled about 30 minutes and strained, and came out with about 6.25 liters of dirty yellow juice that tastes horrible. Is that about the right amount i should get from that? Now how much should i take. Im an experienced tripper, with about 20 shroom and 20 lsd trips under my belt. I want to get the total effect that i read here on the internet, so how much should i take, and how many people will this be good for. Im assuming this will get a good number of people tripping. thanks for all the help and i cant wait to get this trip started.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
Re: First time San Pedro, How much? [Re: ChiefSS]
    #3038644 - 08/23/04 04:43 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

a common dose is a foot of cactus but still then you have to drink 1/2 a liter of nasty liquid. maybe cook down a little more

they can vary in potency too, so no one can tell you if you get a real stong trip or a weak trip from 1 foot. you need to try to find out :smirk:

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/mescaline/mescaline.shtml
http://www.erowid.org/plants/cacti/cacti.shtml

boormark www.erowid.org while youre at it

Offline3eyeswise
captain
Loc: lake county Florida
    #3040000 - 08/23/04 02:40 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Hey ive only done peruvian torch 30grams(dried)was a 10hour spiritual rollercoaster very bizzare,I heard san.ped. is just a little less potent,I also prefer to eat it all and not tea that way ya get the goods!

Invisibleboeha
explorer

#3040050 - 08/23/04 03:03 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I heard from an experienced tripper that the liquid is the most foul tasting shit in the world... :wink:
I wish you strength!!!

Anywho; many people mention an intense trip; yet kind on the mind.

But have a barf-bucket waiting; just in case...

--------------------
- turn on, tune in, drop out ...
- peace, love and understanding ...

OfflineChiefSS
Vote 4 Pedro
Re: First time San Pedro, How much? [Re: boeha]
    #3040296 - 08/23/04 04:37 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

yeah, it does taste like crap, i tried a drop and couldn't stand it, but i cant stand shrooms taste either. If its going to do the job i can chug it, but how much do i chug? anyone, even an idea, i was thinking like .5 liter. does that sound about right?

InvisibleFecalDildo
Fat LadiesBingo.
 User Gallery
Loc: Ass Flavour Pie Factory.
    #3040874 - 08/23/04 07:15 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

you could try making mesci bears as opposed to gummi bears.. a mate of mine tried it.. you boil it down as far as you can so its all sticky and gooey.. and then you mix flour with it and make like gumballs let them harden a bit and just swallow like pills.. you avoid the nasty taste 100%

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #3042387 - 08/24/04 12:49 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

no if you try to go by the amount of liquid you are going to have a different amount every time.... The amount of liquid simply has to do with how long you boil it down..

I've found it to be more precise (although still somewhat innacurate due to varying widths of the cactus) to go by the height of the cactus you used.

I think if you prepare three feet of san predro each, you will have quite a trip - I sure did.. any more than that can get a bit confusing, and any less in my opinion just seems like a low dose of LSD, making it hard to tell what's so special about mescaline :wink:

But of course, this it just my opinion from my minimal mescaline experience (i've prepared and tripped on mescaline three times, all from san pedro). There are probably people around here who have done it many more times

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
Re: First time San Pedro, How much? [Re: Strumpling]
    #3043586 - 08/24/04 09:51 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I'll never understand why people can't just go ahead and start weighing out their dose. It is the only way to get any kind of consistant results. No matter how thick the cactus is or how much water is in the cactus, 1 dry ounce is going to be 1 dry ounce.

I guess it's to much trouble to spend a little time preparing something that you are going to put into your body. Let's just open up the package when it comes in the mail and start to boil it up.

But hey, you could just buy the cactus already dried and make it that much easier.

This post is not aimed at anyone in particular just everyone who doesn't weigh out doses of mescaline bearing cacti. It makes no sense to continue going by length of the cactus when weighing it is obviously the better way. It's like going by the number of shrooms you ate instead of how much they weighed.

Here is the info from Erowid that I use to guide my doses.

Oral Mescaline HCl Dosages
Threshold 100 mg
Light 100 - 200 mg
Common 200 - 300 mg
Strong 300 - 500 mg
Heavy 500 - 700 mg

Lophophora williamsii - 300 mg / 27 g dried material
Trichocerus peruvianus - 300 mg / 15 to 100 grams dried material (.3% - 2.0%)
Trichocerus pachanoi - 300 mg / 15 to 100 grams grams dried material (.3% - 2.0%)

I usually go with about 50 dried grams.
Using the mean between .3% and 2% of 1.15%, that makes my doses around 575 mg.
But theoretically they could be anywhere from 150mg to a staggering 1grm .

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

Offlinebeatlebangboy
Absinthe-ian
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bum Fuck Florida
Re: First time San Pedro, How much? [Re: Ekstaza]
    #3043661 - 08/24/04 10:13 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I hope this could be of some use to you. Good luck!!

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...rt=all&vc=1

--------------------
Check out my tunes. You will be better off for it.
www.myspace.com/beatlebangboy

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: First time San Pedro, How much? [Re: Ekstaza]
    #3043666 - 08/24/04 10:14 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

we're not talking about dried doses I thought he was talking about liquid.....

dude extracting mescaline into a totally dry and consumable substance is even more of a pain in the ass than it is to make the tea

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Invisiblezee_werp
a fractalcreature
 User Gallery

Loc: Aotearoa
    #3047626 - 08/25/04 06:17 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

You might have wanted to boil it a little longer, I usually do a 3 hour then a couple of 2 hour simmers to be sure to get all the goodness out.
Anyway so you used 12 feet in your brew, I'd go for at least 1/6th of the juice maybe 1/4, meaning a dose of about 2-3 feet. I've had good trips off 1.5 feet before, but you really don't get a true taste of the cactus trip until you get to about 2 feet or more.
I wouldn't worry about doing 3 feet worth of juice if you had no problem handling your past shroom and LSD trips...mescaline is a very gentle trip comparatively, and I think it has way less of a 'freak-out factor' than LSD and shrooms.
It could be a good idea to evaporate some more of the juice off so that you don't have to drink as much...but if you can handle drinking like a litre and a half of it (eeeew!) then go for it! I usually brew down so that a dose is about 200ml or so.

Invisiblezee_werp
a fractalcreature
 User Gallery

#3047630 - 08/25/04 06:24 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Oh and another thing, I've heard first hand accounts of people saying that cactus juice, once prepared, can break down quite quickly. You should probably either freeze it or else consume it within a few days of making it. Wouldn't want to waste all that beautiful mescaline!

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Re: First time San Pedro, How much? [Re: Strumpling]
    #3048028 - 08/25/04 10:08 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

You missed my point entirely. I know that the poster plans on making tea, but I was pointing out the benefits of weighing out the dose to be used.

You want to talk tea? OK, fine.
Determine the wet weight of cactus that is equivalent to the dry doses I posted above and use that as the measurement for your dose. It will make determining the dose a lot more accurite.

In any case, the length of the cactus is, and will continue to be, a poor way to measure for dosage.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
    #3049102 - 08/25/04 03:31 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Ekstaza, your normal dose is huge! How hard do you usually trip from 50 grams? I would imagine it would be craaazy. I find thirty to be pretty intense.
From your experience is the 575 mg dose consistent at 50 grams? I wonder because that would be a good basis for predicting the average typical mescaline content of dried Peruvian, which is alot more usefull than guessing within a theoretical range of like 500-1000mgs (depending on how many grams of cactus).

Invisiblezee_werp
a fractalcreature
 User Gallery

Re: First time San Pedro, How much? [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #3051871 - 08/26/04 02:32 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Ekstaza, yes it may be true that using dry weight is the most accurate way to measure the dose of your cactus...BUT I for one and most of the other cactus eaters I know can't be bothered drying it out and screwing around weighing it when infact the length of the cactus HAS been a fairly consistent measure of dose for us in the past. Thats probably because most of the cacti around where I live are a pretty consistent 8-12cm in diameter, and obviously you factor it in if they're thinner or thicker. Yes I admit it's not a sure fire accurate "this is the exact effects I am going to have" but it is still pretty reliable and it saves effort.

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Re: First time San Pedro, How much? [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #3058709 - 08/27/04 03:13 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Divided_Sky said:
Ekstaza, your normal dose is huge! How hard do you usually trip from 50 grams? I would imagine it would be craaazy. I find thirty to be pretty intense.

Pretty intensely, but it is never too overwhelming. I feel the effects for a long time after ingestion and they have sometimes lasted for up to 24 hours. The most awesome visuals I have ever seen came from a large mescaline dose. I was watching TV and there was a book lain open on the screen. As the camera zoomed in on the book to encompass the entire screen, the letters in the book just took of and spread out of the TV to cover everything in the room. It was one of those super duper holy cow kind of sights that you expect to see at some 3-D movie or something.

Quote:

Divided_Sky said:
From your experience is the 575 mg dose consistent at 50 grams? I wonder because that would be a good basis for predicting the average typical mescaline content of dried Peruvian, which is alot more usefull than guessing within a theoretical range of like 500-1000mgs (depending on how many grams of cactus).

For the most part the trips were pretty close to the same but some batches of cactus were more potent than others. I don't think that a qualitative report on the consistency of the potency of peruvian torch can be made through bio-analysis. If you have a large batch of cactus from the same plant then you could make some inference as to the quality of that batch, but you would need to re-evaluate for the next batch.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder