Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinetnecseda
birther to none
Sweet and sour,sugar and salt?AND ALIENS!!!!
    #3039791 - 08/23/04 03:46 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

now there has been something bothering me.People say "there is no sweet without sour",and my problem is,who decided they were oppisites?I can't figure out the oppisites of certain things,like wouldn't the oppisite of sweet be negitive sweet,that means it would lack sweetness,not gain sourness.the negation doesn't gain anything,it only lacks,so wouldn't that mean something that was once sweet could only get less sweet and not sour?in terms of right and wrong,i see that,those are sides,no negations,just right wing left wing.whats the oppisite of flour?baking soda?

Edited by tnecseda (08/23/04 08:43 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
Re: Sweet and sour,sugar and salt? [Re: tnecseda]
    #3040016 - 08/23/04 04:47 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Awesome!

What is happening here today? I leave a post typing about dual opposites and then swami posted one and now you.

I love it!

Your comment about the opposite of sweetness being just negative sweet, or something sweet lacking sweet is brilliant.

There is a strong message here about how lack works and how duality is just a distraction for what is lacking in the self.

two thumbs up!

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #3040190 - 08/23/04 05:57 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Who wants to go out for Chinese food?  :grin:

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflinePsiloman
Male
Loc: Europe
    #3040201 - 08/23/04 06:04 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Black White
Ying Yang
And whats in between?

Maybe our brain LIKES to operate in a binary mode,makes things easier to handle

Lets stick to tastes though ,lets not tackle the "flour" or "baking soda" yet...

So Sweet is the opposite of sour.Or maybe bitter? And Salty?

What about Unami? (the taste of monosodium glutamate)

Offlinetnecseda
birther to none
    #3040773 - 08/23/04 08:53 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

and what about existence?the oppisite of that is not non-existence,if would be negative existence.If non-existence was ever to be,then there would be negative-non-existence,making it exist,or maybe you could just set it equal to zero.on the computer,if i invert the color of blue,i'll get red.BULLSHIT.i don't believe for one second red is the oppisite of blue.to me,for any spectrum of anything,it would be something more than a blank state too.or maybe it wouldn't be just blankness,maybe the other end of the spectrum could be this infintly expanding blankness,then at the other end,for example,could be the color blue.maybe there never was this and that,and nothing between.my choices,atleast i try to incorporate it into descion making,i choose something for what it is,not for what it isn't.saying something or somebody isn't good enough because its not like this or that is just ridiculous.theres to many in betweens and too many unknowns,so my descisions are based on what is,i suppose,i try.Why do people think hate is the oppisite of love?i know why,but its just like they don't have any terms to define existence.

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
    #3040908 - 08/23/04 09:21 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

My understanding of loves opposite has worked in the lacks theory, thats why I liked your post-i ussually work in lacks versus opposites. Love has no opposite, nothing actually does. Everything is full or lacking, infinite or finite what you can add to and take away from, in my world of philosophical thought anyway.

Try it for it a while when you see things in polar opposites, your view of the whole world changes.

My decisions, when i make time to think them through revolve around creating the win win for everyone involved. These always bring me the most fullfillment and following sense of peace and have me feeling closer to living some truth of what life can be.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Offlinetnecseda
birther to none
Re: Sweet and sour,sugar and salt? [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3042396 - 08/24/04 02:52 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

when your post jiggy,it made me think of something that i didn't consider.I thought about magnets.Theres a positive and negative.This is where i can have trouble understanding.Maybe it shouldn't be confusing.I apply "everything is its own " with this,i thought,the positive is the negative,maybe something like that.

Ok this might not make any sense to anyone.
I know 0 has no value,but lets say it did.
lets say
(postive energy)+(negative energy)=0

but of course,that would be something more like (-1)+(1)=0
thats not the case as far as my thinking.
what i'm saying is that postive energy and negative energy are the forces behind 0.they both are zero,they are not the same as each other,but they are one.
This is a wierd thought:
(positive energy)+(postitive energy)=infinite answers

they would repel each other,and they could go to any boundries of the number line.both positive energies.
what i'm saying is that positive energy is half zero,and negative energy is the other half.they are not oppisites,they are just what they are because of the situation of attraction.
Its been taught that zero has no value.
I will never believe that.Its bothered me since a very young age,and seems like nonsense to me.I'll probably sound dumb to anyone who has devoted their life to math or takes college classes,but all i'm saying thats what i see zero as.Zero mirrors itself,thats what the perfection of magnetism is.I have no clue if this has ever been said,but it came to me when jiggy said "Everything is full or lacking, infinite or finite what you can add to and take away from".Magnetic energies are one,and they need each other,so there is never negative or postive,just one.When one is present and the other is gone,they do not lack anything but each other.
This too has bothered me before,and it will bother others.but i think its possible to relate a type of "math" to love.By math,i'm just talking about symbols thats all,its nothing cold or heartless,its just a explantion.Its kind of like saying,if you can't talk in a language,you can talk in math,maybe i could get to more people with an equation than a language....anyways.

OK:

(+0)+(-0)=LOVE

KEEP IN MIND,THERE ARE NO OPPISITES
THEY ARE THE SAME THING,only mirrored

so what i'm trying to say is that 0 is a mirror reflection of everything beautiful.
If you split 0 in half horizontially or vertically

( | )

n
-
u(sorry i had nothing but n's and u's)

it looks like(use your imagination) two people with arms out.

when they come together,they're hugging 0 (can't you feel the love?)

my left arm has to be on the side of your right arm to hug you,well in that manner.it would be like us creating our own little zero in the vast existence of existences.

I used to play with these magnet cars when i was little,and i never understood them before.Actually,thats what i've been thinking about when i wrote all of this.In my eyes,we're all magnets(positive or negative) attracting everything to us,(positive or negative,i don't mean good and bad exactly)so we may be ONE with the true magnet(god,unversial concsiousness,etc).When there is 1,there is nothing.Thats why 0=nothing.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology