Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Website Announcements and Feature Feedback

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Support *original post deleted*
    #3039384 - 08/23/04 01:46 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I over-reacted...sorry.  :crazy:

Edited by EllemyshShade (08/23/04 11:00 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleDoctorJ
Stranger
 Arcade Champion: Frogger

Loc: space
Re: You know what? I'm fucking tired of the flaming assholes in [Re: MOTH]
    #3039446 - 08/23/04 02:08 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

looner's response seems to me to be exactly what any shrink would say. I mean, the claims she is making are logically indefensible, and lets face it, more than just a little 'out there'.

supporting someone's obvious delusions isnt really supporting them at all, IMO.

--------------------
peace, pot, and microdot!

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

Loc: Heaven and Hell
Re: You know what? I'm fucking tired of the flaming assholes in [Re: DoctorJ]
    #3040011 - 08/23/04 04:44 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

DoctorJ said:
looner's response seems to me to be exactly what any shrink would say.  I mean, the claims she is making are logically indefensible, and lets face it, more than just a little 'out there'. 

Fuck logic.

What you may feel is an "obvious delusion" is not so obvious to me. Some believe that there are other realms of existance other than the one in which we exist.

your thinking is closed-minded and I do feel that this person seeking support was ridiculed.

Shame on you! :thumbdown:

--------------------
Hi how's it going, wanna kick Heroin basically painlessly on your own, in your own house, without any government "help" ,or the "help" of a crazy condescending, judgmental medical doctor? Read this:

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=42&Number=7342616&page=0&fpart=all

InvisibleHarveyWalbanger
Demiurge
Male

Loc: 8b
    #3040031 - 08/23/04 04:55 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

While I agree, theres entirely too many flames in that forum....... and I would LOVE to see the rules enforced....

that one in particular, while being blunt and hurtful, does not have the average amount of malice behind it that the other flames do....

It's just a bad example though, there IS alot of crap in that forum.

--------------------

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

Loc: Heaven and Hell
Re: You know what? I'm fucking tired of the flaming assholes in [Re: HarveyWalbanger]
    #3040040 - 08/23/04 04:59 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I think the Shroomery as a whole needs a crackdown actually. It's deteriorating..

Flaming in S&P, flaming in Support group, flaming in the Pub, flaming in PA&L, and OTD is just a completely disgusting filthy shithole.

--------------------
Hi how's it going, wanna kick Heroin basically painlessly on your own, in your own house, without any government "help" ,or the "help" of a crazy condescending, judgmental medical doctor? Read this:

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=42&Number=7342616&page=0&fpart=all

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

#3040344 - 08/23/04 06:48 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

DoctorJ said:
looner's response seems to me to be exactly what any shrink would say. I mean, the claims she is making are logically indefensible, and lets face it, more than just a little 'out there'.

My point is that Looner is calling the poster a scizophrenic delusional...based on one post. I interpret that as a flame because I know how vulnerable people can be when they go to that forum. If I was in a vulnerable state of mind, I know what he said would effect me in a very upsetting way.

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #3040353 - 08/23/04 06:50 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

There should absolutely no room in Support for flames. It should not be tolerated, and is one of the only things on here that should be punishable with a ban, even if its only temporary.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Re: You know what? I'm fucking tired of the flaming assholes in [Re: Lightningfractal]
    #3040370 - 08/23/04 06:55 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Lightningfractal said:
Quote:

DoctorJ said:

What you may feel is an "obvious delusion" is not so obvious to me.

That's what I also mean...

Support does not mean necessarily AGREEING with the person in question, it means that you offer to listen, then give what advice you can. I guess I have a difficult time seeing how Looner's "advice" was beneficial.

Maybe I'm being a bit too empathetic with the poster in question in that thread, because I know how it feels to have strong feelings about an intangible entity and not being able to tell someone because of the EXACT response that (Like Looners) I would recieve. It can make you feel trapped and alone, and that is sort of a recipe for disaster, in my opinion.

My point is that someone should be able to go into Support and post about even something that is deemed as strange by others without feeling more alienated and alone then when they went in there.

Does that makes sense?

InvisibleDoctorJ
Stranger
 Arcade Champion: Frogger

Loc: space
    #3040878 - 08/23/04 09:16 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

EllemyshShade said:
My point is that Looner is calling the poster a scizophrenic delusional...based on one post. I interpret that as a flame because I know how vulnerable people can be when they go to that forum. If I was in a vulnerable state of mind, I know what he said would effect me in a very upsetting way.

and I'm telling you that if the original poster went into a psychiatrist's office with that story, they would probably say the same thing. Except then it wouldnt be name calling, it would be a diagnosis that would go on insurance forms and stigmatize the patient for years to come.

dont get me wrong, I'm all for spiritual discovery and tend to harbor some pretty 'out there' beliefs of my own, but when one of my friends tells me that he realized he's Jesus and wants to go running through the streets screaming it to everyone, I generally tell him to shut the fuck up and dont be stupid unless he wants to go to a mental institution. Thats for their own good. Doesnt mean I dont believe he's jesus, doesnt mean I dont believe that poster isnt in love with a ghost. But people like that need to learn that if they talk about this shit to just anybody, its going to end up in negative consequences, as this thread has shown. Thats just the nature of people. If the poster wasnt getting it from us, she'd be getting it way worse from someone else.

--------------------
peace, pot, and microdot!

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

#3041128 - 08/23/04 09:54 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

DoctorJ said:
Quote:

EllemyshShade said:
My point is that Looner is calling the poster a scizophrenic delusional...based on one post.  I interpret that as a flame because I know how vulnerable people can be when they go to that forum.  If I was in a vulnerable state of mind, I know what he said would effect me in a very upsetting way.

and I'm telling you that if the original poster went into a psychiatrist's office with that story, they would probably say the same thing.  Except then it wouldnt be name calling, it would be a diagnosis that would go on insurance forms and stigmatize the patient for years to come. 

dont get me wrong, I'm all for spiritual discovery and tend to harbor some pretty 'out there' beliefs of my own, but when one of my friends tells me that he realized he's Jesus and wants to go running through the streets screaming it to everyone, I generally tell him to shut the fuck up and dont be stupid unless he wants to go to a mental institution.  Thats for their own good.  Doesnt mean I dont believe he's jesus, doesnt mean I dont believe that poster isnt in love with a ghost.  But people like that need to learn that if they talk about this shit to just anybody, its going to end up in negative consequences, as this thread has shown.  Thats just the nature of people.  If the poster wasnt getting it from us, she'd be getting it way worse from someone else.

You have a point.  I don't know.  I guess Looner's post just struck a wrong note in me.  I've spent the first half of my life searching for what was "wrong with me," going to doctors, having people label  me, meds and all that, and now I'm spending the last part of my life trying to realize that those labels don't define who *I* am.  So when I heard the guy call him/her a scizophrenic, my reaction was defensive.  (projecting my own insecurities forwards, most likely  :tongue: ack) 

*sigh*

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Feedback and Administration >> Website Announcements and Feature Feedback