Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineshroomer15
Stranger
st louis area shroom hunting NEED HELP AND ADVICE
    #3038439 - 08/23/04 03:40 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I live around the st louis region close to some heavily wooded areas, there is a creek bed and alot of soil that is obviously rich with nutrients because many many healthy plants grow but I walk back there all the time and find very few mushrooms at all, there are some that are like the ones pictured above that have no stem and are just half a cap on the side of logs, and i did find one by the base of a tree on a patch of green shit (I think its moss) is there anything i could do to better condition the area for phsycadelic shroom growth, I had my dog shit next to the creek bed on the soil, but that was probobly wishful thinking considering she doesnt eat grain. Is there anything I could feed my dog to make its poop potent for shrooms growing, if grain is the only thing what type of grain and how long would it need to be regularly consuming it until the poo is ready for mushroom growth, she can sit and stay, but pooping shroom growing matierial would be the best trick in the world, unless she could poop out bud, that would be rightious. the weather here changes but usually we get patches of weather that last anywhere from 2 to 5 days long so its plenty long to grow shrooms. any advice would be greatful, even if its on places to look for the shrooms that grow specifically around st louis. thanks alot this site is bitchin. I can upload a picture of that little shitmonster soon, shes damn adorable, Ill try to get pics of the area i am talking about tomorrow.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblespores
haploid
 User Gallery

Loc: Washington
Re: st louis area shroom hunting NEED HELP AND ADVICE [Re: shroomer15]
    #3038912 - 08/23/04 11:06 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

if you read the FAQ, you'll find what species grow in your area conveniently listed.

the rest I'm not going to bother answering because I don't think you're serious, but if you are, it wont work.  if you want wild mushrooms the way to find them is by hunting, not trying to grow them on dogshit out in the woods :rolleyes:.

DH

Offlineshroomer15
Stranger
Re: st louis area shroom hunting NEED HELP AND ADVICE [Re: spores]
    #3039471 - 08/23/04 02:18 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I've been reading that FAQ like the pope reads the bible, when I searched for missouri it was not listed, and at the top of the page it said that there was one species that grew almost everywhere and it wouldnt list it for every state. I was recently in maryland at a camp next to the chesapeake bay and the woods back there was covered in mushrooms, we found plenty phsycadelic ones. We did spore prints and confirmed everything before we tripped. im dead serious about this, I walked back through these woods for a mile and I saw all of 2 mushrooms. Right now I cant go anywhere out of walking distance to hunt because I got grounded for being arrested, and my parents are damn good at knowing where I am at all times. The summer is quickly ending so I would like to know if there is any way I can possibly encourage mushroom growth out in my area, I cant cultivate indoors yet but im workin on that. I am serious about this and I think my original message shows that I am considering pretty much any and all advice at this point. Also Im in a suburbam area and this is pretty much the biggest stretch of wooded area within about a 10 - 15 mile radius. peace out ill be checkin later. PS is there any smell involved with cultivating mushrooms indoors, or can you safely say there wont be an odor?

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification