Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineAdviceLooker
Stranger
Loc: North Carolina
Just what my name says: Looking for advice!!
    #3038323 - 08/23/04 12:39 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I am new to this site. I was wondering if I could get advice on anything, or does it have to be on certain subjects?
General Help?
You may choose many

Votes accepted from (08/23/04 12:38 PM) to (No end specified)
View the results of this poll

Edited by AdviceLooker (08/23/04 01:12 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCaRnAgECaNdYS
Tool's groupie
Female User Gallery

Loc: Billy Howerdel's closet Flag
Re: Just what my name says: Looking for advice!! [Re: AdviceLooker]
    #3038337 - 08/23/04 12:48 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Smile and Enjoy life!!

--------------------

The secret to being funny is to say smart things stupidly, or is it stupid things smartly? Whatever..it's not rocket surgery...or something like that.

OfflineRandolph_Carter
НơĻ?ĢΉō

Loc: Shroomery B-list.
    #3038344 - 08/23/04 12:52 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Depends....the forums are setup to answer specific questions....this forum, for example, deals with things of a personal nature that you're worried or stressed or just want to talk about.

What kind of advice are you looking for?

--------------------
"..all those molecules thrashing their kinky little tails, hot for destiny and the street."  Gibson

Nuke baby seals for Jesus!

(This has been a +1 production.)

OfflineAdviceLooker
Stranger
Re: Just what my name says: Looking for advice!! [Re: Randolph_Carter]
    #3038375 - 08/23/04 01:06 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I need advice on a sexual type question! I am recently married, but I just don't have the desire to have sex with my husband. Don't get me wrong, I love my husband with all my heart, and I am 95% happy, but I just don't know what to do. I know it bothers him...but....

I am not sure if it is b/c of my past or what!

--------------------
:wink: The best business in the world:  is Mine!!!  :wink:

OfflineRandolph_Carter
НơĻ?ĢΉō

#3038382 - 08/23/04 01:11 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Is this a new thing? Have you had the desire to have sex before?

What's changed?

And why would your past have anything to do with it?

--------------------
"..all those molecules thrashing their kinky little tails, hot for destiny and the street."  Gibson

OfflineAdviceLooker
Stranger
    #3038390 - 08/23/04 01:15 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah, I guess it is pretty new to us. I used to enjoy sex (sortta). I don't think I have ever had the "desire". As a child and young adult, I was sexually abused by almost every male figure in my life, as well as being raped on my 16th b-day. It was like every boyfriend or male I knew just wanted one thing. I guess you know what that is!!

--------------------

OfflineRandolph_Carter
НơĻ?ĢΉō

#3038444 - 08/23/04 01:41 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

That's something that you and your man are going to have to work out.....
to be honest, i'd suggest counseling....sexual abuse and rape are always nastily tangled things that benefit from professional help.

--------------------

OfflineAdviceLooker
Stranger
    #3038457 - 08/23/04 01:48 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I kinda knew somehow you were gonna say that!!    :thanx:

--------------------

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
    #3038492 - 08/23/04 02:03 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Glad you found an answer to your question! But in general, feel free to ask in this forum anytime. Trust me, you won't get flamed. :smile:

Invisible40oz
 User Gallery

Loc: Sandy Eggo. Ca.
    #3042547 - 08/24/04 01:36 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

take some extacy alone with you & your man!

Quote:

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- A South Carolina psychiatrist said Wednesday he will immediately start recruiting patients after winning approval to conduct the first study testing MDMA -- better known as ecstasy -- as a therapeutic tool.

Dr. Michael Mithoefer plans to conduct psychotherapy sessions with 20 women who suffer from post-traumatic stress disorder due to sexual assaults or other violence, and who haven't been helped by other treatment. Twelve of the women will receive MDMA prior to the sessions while eight will be given a placebo.

The Food and Drug Administration approved Mithoefer's protocol in 2001, but it took another two years to find an institutional review board willing to sanction the study, which is a required step when dealing with human research subjects.

Mithoefer's research required approval from the Drug Enforcement Administration because MDMA is a Schedule I drug. It's grouped with drugs like heroin, cocaine and LSD, all considered to have no medical use.

Bill Grant, a spokesman for the DEA, said the final approval came Tuesday night.

Mithoefer says he works with post-traumatic stress disorder patients all the time and he's excited about the possibility of finding a better treatment for the hundreds of thousands of Americans who suffer from the sometimes debilitating disorder.

"We owe it to them," he said. "It would be irresponsible for the medical community not to investigate something like this."

At the same time, he warns that using MDMA in an uncontrolled setting can be very dangerous.

"It's really important for people to realize the fact that we have permission to do this study and we can do it safely in this setting," he said.

Also, the fact that he's received permission for the study, he said, "does not mean that you can use ecstasy safely and anywhere."

MDMA was first invented in 1912 but largely ignored until young people made it a recreational drug starting in the late 1970s. Psychiatrists quickly became aware of its unusual properties, and several dozen experimented by giving MDMA to patients -- including people suffering post-traumatic stress disorder -- and others with intense anxiety after receiving diagnoses of terminal cancer.

One of those patients from the early 1980s is an artist now living in the western United States, who spoke with CNN. She did not want her name used.

After being raped and beaten at age 17, the woman suffered severe panic attacks for eight years, leading to three hospitalizations before being treated with MDMA. Before those sessions, she said her trauma was misdiagnosed as schizophrenia, severe depression and bipolar disorder.

"MDMA allowed me, for the first time, to sit with the details of the event, and separate them from what was happening in the present," she told CNN. "I was able to relax my body. I was able to say, 'this is not happening to you right now.' "

Suicidal at the time, she said the treatment may have saved her life.

"There might have been another way, but the way that I see it is that I probably would have died," she said.

"When someone is traumatized, walls form around trauma -- like a scar -- and it's hard to get someone to open up and talk about it," explains Dr. Julie Holland of New York University, author of "Ecstasy: A Complete Guide."

"What's unique about MDMA is that it's actually stimulating but decreases anxiety," Holland told CNN. "It could help people feel calm and comfortable enough to explore painful things that are hard to talk about."

"A good analogy is that it would give psychiatry something akin to anesthesia during therapy," she said. "And unlike anesthesia, your memory is completely intact, but even enhanced. You remember the trauma very clearly, but are comfortable enough to talk about it."

"Because it anesthetizes the patient to some extent," Holland said, "you can get to that malignant core in one or two sessions instead of three or four years."

But Dr. Scott Lillienfeld, a psychiatrist at Emory University who has studied post-traumatic stress disorder, said that hypothesis is "at the least, muddled."

Lillienfeld said effective treatment actually requires the patient to face their trauma head-on. "If you're calm, you're not getting at the root of the problem," said Lillienfeld.

He also said Mithoefer's study has methodological problems.

"There's no real placebo," he said. "Everyone will know who's on the drugs. What I wonder is, instead of a placebo, why aren't they giving a drug that mimics the physical effects?"

Mithoefer said all participants will have to undergo psychiatric screening and a physical exam to ensure they don't have any physical risk factors. Ecstasy, a strong stimulant, is thought to be particularly dangerous to people with high blood pressure. It also has been known to cause dangerous overheating in people who take it and then exercise or dance for a long period of time.

Patients in this clinical trial will be given the drug only one or two times. They will be under a doctor's supervision for the entire time they are under the drug's influence.

Mithoefer said he hopes to begin the actual therapy sessions next month.

CNN producers Caleb Hellerman and Miriam Falco contributed to this report.

source: http://www.cnn.com/2004/HEALTH/02/25/ecstasy.study/index.html

--------------------
:pacman: - - - -  :pill: :mushroom2: :pill2: :mushroom2: :regularshroom: :mushroomgrow: :pill: :pill2: :mushroom2: :poison:

:sun::heart::sun:

tiny_rabid_birds said:
"your avatar is dirty."

OfflineUncleMike
Visionary
Male

Loc: S.W. Virginia
    #3045630 - 08/24/04 06:21 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

You and you man need ti talk about the problem. He needs for you to tell him what would make you happy. I am sure you have some little spot that turns you on.

--------------------
Live each day like it will be your last, tomorrow my never come.
SporeSmart

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order