Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Pink Floyd

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
One of these Days...
    #3037489 - 08/22/04 09:47 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Does this song freak anyone else here out?  Freaks ME out.

Anyway, seriously though, I was watching that thread in Trip Tips just now "help me i am on a bad trip" and I thought, man, one of these days I definitely have to do a shroomery trip...just trip out in my apartment, log on to the shroomery, eat enough mushies to get visuals, and let you all play with my head a little! :smile:

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblemuse_sick
ĤŌĿŶĞЋ0$Ŧ

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Giu La Testa
Re: One of these Days... [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #3037499 - 08/22/04 09:52 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

i dunno there are some sadistic bastards on here
you will be a-okay if you stay in the pub, though...

--------------------
:beakedwhale:

Male

Re: One of these Days... [Re: muse_sick]
    #3037502 - 08/22/04 09:53 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Heh, I wouldn't wander into OTD on mushrooms even if a rainbow trail of psychedelic goodness led me there!

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Offlinenunciate
Cold and Indifferent
Male User Gallery

Loc: Edge of the World
    #3037507 - 08/22/04 09:55 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

if you are speaking of pink floyd's 'one of these days' then 'yes' it freaks me out, but in a good, trippy way. its one of my all time favorite songs.
floyd is easily one of the best bands to listen to while tripping. not all of their stuff, but a LOT of it.

--------------------
I am the devil and I am just like you

Offlinekosmic_charlie Happy Birthday
Truckin' in style
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep Elem
    #3037509 - 08/22/04 09:55 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah that is a pretty freaky song.

That evil voice...

"One of these days I'm gonna tear you into little pieces"

The rest of the Meddle album is pretty light however.

--------------------

Goin' where the water tastes like wine.

Offlinecherokee
tennis shoes
Male User Gallery

Loc: Nationwide Flag
    #3037511 - 08/22/04 09:56 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I spent one trip on the shroomery almost a year ago.  It was odd to say the least, I ended up having a strange conversation with Alien in OTD, who was coincidentaly also tripping :smile:  I tried IRC but after a while the text just became scrolling cryptic messages.

Male

Re: One of these Days... [Re: nunciate]
    #3037512 - 08/22/04 09:56 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah, so far I've heard The Wall, Wish You Were Here, and DSOTM while tripping...next up are Animals and Meddle. My first mushie trip I put DSOTM on repeat and heard it four times with crazy CEV's..

--------------------

-Erik Davis

InvisibleLetto
Load Universeinto Cannon. Aimat Brain. Fire.
    #3037513 - 08/22/04 09:56 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I love that song. The Live at Pompeii video for it is really cool to, the effects that they use to cut the screen into little pieces. :smile:

Computers give me really bad vibes on trips... I don't know what it is. I feel like it's just sending horrible pulsing radiation into my brain and frying me.

Male

Re: One of these Days... [Re: Letto]
    #3037523 - 08/22/04 09:58 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I don't use computers much when tripping except to cue up the next playlist or what not, but that's why I think under the right circumstances I could trip out live on the shroomery, especially since it's the shroomery, and I love the Pub so very much.
That same first mushie trip we were watching my friend try to use his laptop at one point, and our other friend who wasn't tripping leaned in and dug his thumb into the laptop screen and started dragging it around, leaving a trail of liquidy LCD goodness all over the screen..
It was fucked up the next day, but we were fucked up enough at the time it didn't matter!

--------------------

-Erik Davis

Offlinenunciate
Cold and Indifferent
Male User Gallery

Loc: Edge of the World
    #3037527 - 08/22/04 10:00 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

'animals' is my favorite.
you might wanna check out some of the stuff they did while syd was still there, too.

--------------------
I am the devil and I am just like you

Offlinetheocean06
Yeah, I've donefour already...

#3037529 - 08/22/04 10:00 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I really like that song, its my favorite on Meddle just after echoes and fearless. Animals would have to be my favorite album, both the lyrics and music were very strong. My favorite all time Pink Floyd song is and will always be...Breathe.

Actually, If I logged on to shroomy while on shrooms that'd probably be a good trip because I've read some threads that really get my brain working. Some very interesting people on this site...that both ask and say very interesting things...well, have your not unfortunate and have a bad trip like that other guy/girl.

Male

Re: One of these Days... [Re: nunciate]
    #3037531 - 08/22/04 10:01 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I have Saucerful of Secrets and Piper at the Gates of Dawn as well...just haven't checked them out while tripping...it's been way too long since my last psychedelic journey...Coventry was a bust and my girlfriend doesn't want to trip and...aaaah oh well.

--------------------

-Erik Davis

Male

#3037538 - 08/22/04 10:03 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I would post "I'm tripping" in the Pub and get bombarded with weird pictures and little heart-shaped smileys, what's not to look forward to? :smile:

--------------------

-Erik Davis

InvisibleOldSpice
Geritol Breath...
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crankytown, Texas
Re: One of these Days... [Re: kosmic_charlie]
    #3037567 - 08/22/04 10:10 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Cut you into little pieces...
Also Ten Years After had a song with those lyrics

--------------------
So hard to be ....WDWGFH?
Texas is humongus compared to France
Our Gair, who art in Texas,
Paw Paw be thy Name....
My friends are thirsty

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a Psychiatrist office:biker:

Offlinegratefultenaciousj
journeyman
    #3041011 - 08/23/04 09:36 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Dude, thats an amazing song. I have the Live at Pompeii concert/movie DVD and I have to give it 2 thumbs up. All the songs are incredible high, the song "Careful with that axe Eugene" is also incredible. And by the way it is "One of these days im going to cut you into little pieces" not tear...

OfflineIAmTheWalrus212
LIL WEEZY
Male User Gallery

Loc: ?
    #3041638 - 08/23/04 11:47 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

OneMoreRobot3021 said:
I would post "I'm tripping" in the Pub and get bombarded with weird pictures and little heart-shaped smileys, what's not to look forward to? :smile:

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heartpump: :heartpump: :heartpump: :heartpump:  :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heartpump: :heartpump: :heartpump: :heartpump:  :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heartpump: :heartpump: :heartpump: :heartpump:  :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heartpump: :heartpump: :heartpump: :heartpump:  :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heartpump: :heartpump: :heartpump: :heartpump:  :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heartpump: :heartpump: :heartpump: :heartpump:

For future reference.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Pink Floyd

Community >> The Pub