Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offline3eyeswise
captain
Loc: lake county Florida
satan a symbol made by Jesus?
    #3037169 - 08/22/04 08:18 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

A vision let me see Jesus turn into the devil then beat the devil out of his body into a body bag Christ looked at me and smiled saying satan is man,the lower self I have crucified,can you??? Something the churches don't want you to know I guess. I beleive what I saw was how it really is,religeon has taken a wise man's teachings and killed the real meaning,we can all be sons of God if we die to this lower self just thought I would see others opinions on this vision.............peace

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinenunciate
Cold and Indifferent
Male User Gallery

Loc: Edge of the World
Re: satan a symbol made by Jesus? [Re: 3eyeswise]
    #3037179 - 08/22/04 08:21 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I, for one, quite like satan with his 'you want me to bow before *what*?!' attitude.

--------------------
I am the devil and I am just like you

Offline3eyeswise
captain
Re: satan a symbol made by Jesus? [Re: nunciate]
    #3037236 - 08/22/04 08:42 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I think you missed my point ........there is no satan but the one inside yourself!!!

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
    #3037276 - 08/22/04 08:58 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I double dog dare ya to read Hostage to the Devil: The Possession and Exorcism of Five Living Americans by Malachi Martin. I used to believe the 'Privatio Boni' theory of evil - that evil is merely the absence of goodness. This basically translated into human moral behavior. HA! Did you ever see 'The Exorcist' films? Well, that notorious film was based on this book. Read it, I dare ya.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Offlinenunciate
Cold and Indifferent
Male User Gallery

#3037291 - 08/22/04 09:02 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I disagree.
There is no satan except that which you choose to label as such.
I choose questioning of authority and self-reliance to be labeled that way.
I find the xtian dogma to be quite lacking and pointless when dealing with satan. I mean, he's evil-incarnate in their eyes, yet he got that way by only doing what he was made to do.

--------------------

Offline3eyeswise
captain
    #3037329 - 08/22/04 09:16 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I will read the book,thank you all for your thoughts.

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
    #3037368 - 08/22/04 09:24 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I share your general view on this one nunciate! Only I don't think he was "made to do it", I think he volunteered to do it to serve us all in a common goal we all wanted to achieve. First goal being to face the dark side of ourselves- the unknown, which will always be there, and the second challenge being to accept it as a part of the whole and vital to existance. Without voids of the unknown, there is no where for conscious self understanding to expand into. because consciousness is limitless, there will always be the dark void within the substance of light.

I hold those beings playing dark roles and or archetypes in the highest of esteem, regard and respect for their service.

I do not beleive that Jesus cast out demons from anyone either. I think that was an addition of the church to give us something we needed their protection from. If they gave us something to fear, they could create a need for their services. The Christ energy loves and accepts all without condition and rejects nothing for that would be self denial and self betrayal and he said in the gospels of mary that if there would to be such a thing as sin, and there is not, it would be self betrayal.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Offline3eyeswise
captain
    #3037376 - 08/22/04 09:26 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

But what if that book has to to do with ignorant earthbound spirits trapped here??? why would pure light let there be pure dark???

Offlinetnecseda
birther to none
    #3037606 - 08/22/04 10:23 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

i took acid and i flipped.I couldn't believe we all were the devil.i cried and i cried.i know i'm infected.thats just pure light curing.letting me know.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#3037612 - 08/22/04 10:24 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

There is no such thing as pure light simply because there would be absolutely NO WAY of knowing it's existance without the contrast of the dark. If light expands, it needs a void of darkness to move into.

Explaining that really doesn't help you with what you really want to know. Talk to me about your concern for ignorant trapped spirits and we can get somewhere to broaden understanding- I think.

I will tell you this now. Yes, beings get stuck in planes if you will. I've done a lot work in the other planes helping stuck souls to move on. 3 mental/emotional aspects are almost always the cause: guilt, resentments and needy attachments. Those are easy to rememdy, especially after one crosses. I found this one guy hanging out in his favorite bar getting pissed off that his bartender friends were ignoring him and not serving him. I told him it was because he was dead and they couldn't see him and that he had to move on. His need for a drink was sooooooo bad, he was ignoring me. This guy was stubborn. So I told him that if he went with guides he was ignoring, they could show him how to manifest all of the alcohol he wanted and even better, they could show him a way of being and feeling that felt even better then he did when drunk. That did the trick and he moved on. I went to check up on him a few days later and he appeared as he did in his youth and gave me a thumbs up and a smile.

No one stays stuck forever, ve have vays of keeping the party train moving.

Besides, ALL souls are here by choice and elected to be faced with such challenges as to overcome them. Chances are, this guy will reincarnate into a body bound for alcoholism, because he wants to overcome it and gain in his mastery over this physical realm of existance. Not because he has to but because he wants too.

A lot of people get stuck on the question you asked, because they see light and dark as opposites ( thats how the church presents them) instead of being complimentary contrasts they actually are.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Offline3eyeswise
captain
Re: satan a symbol made by Jesus? [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3037639 - 08/22/04 10:29 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

that truly is interesting,and I beleive what your saying,but pure light does exist look at near-death.com could all of them be wrong???

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #3037693 - 08/22/04 10:46 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

That is a very fine interpretation of one's own vision. I have criticised others for posting crazy garbage they saw while tripping with no attempt to understand it being made. That is truly using the creative process to understand the nature of your reality. I can see how this understanding could easily be put to practical use in your daily life...do you? That is what I consider a spiritual communication. It is from within...but the beyond IS within.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#3037744 - 08/22/04 10:57 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I have no idea how they or yourself define "pure light". My understanding is that if you defined it as being a thing, then you must have something outside of it to define into a thing with which to know and see hense the darkness. It's not that it doesn't exist as a thing, it's that it doesn't exist as a thing without the void of darkness to place it within to be able to see and know it as a definative thing.

Are you reffering to the tunnel of light people claim to go through or the light they are suppose to go to? How could you see other light beings or even feel their presense if their was not some element to contrast them into being?

On a side thought, there are schools of thought that beleive there is light in the dark only that it's frequency is to slow or to fast(even more interesting)to be percieved. I love playing with this theory.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: satan a symbol made by Jesus? [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3037763 - 08/22/04 11:03 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Oh . and I should've added that for there to be something outside of what is defined, and source is all things then source is darkness too. Only duality makes these two aspects out to be in opposition of eachother and trying to over power the other.

There is a place of perception that does not see light and dark in this way. It only sees complimentary contrasts intertwined and interwoven to make a visible picture of the all that is.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Offlinenunciate
Cold and Indifferent
Male User Gallery

#3037791 - 08/22/04 11:12 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

3eyeswise said:
...look at near-death.com could all of them be wrong???

yes.

--------------------

Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
Re: satan a symbol made by Jesus? [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #3037844 - 08/22/04 11:24 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I just saw the Exorcist Begining, having been my first of the series... I must say it was very good and led to many questions...Basicly what I got, as far as the main plot goes, is that a persons own regretful consciousness is the thing that holds people back from 'the light',or the power to vaquish evil , and if you let your mind slip, the evils of humanity or the 'fallen angel(which embodies all the engative characteristics of humanity...) could consume a person to do terrible deeds.

Offline3eyeswise
captain
    #3037856 - 08/22/04 11:26 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Yes hue. I try!!! And gettnjiggy.I guess my theory would be that God is pure light we chose individualism and by not waliking right we create the dark its our job to kill that and become one like we were when we first were.I guess there is many theory's some of wich we find out for shure when death comes.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#3038019 - 08/23/04 12:18 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Its all theory here. I like to keep my options open and keep exploring and keep questioning things.

You are are in large company with your beleifs to be sure. I'm always in the minority LOL. A lot of people beleive that there is a right path made of light and stepping off of it is a step into the darkness, the "wrong" way to get to God and that evil beings will snatch you up when you are in the dark.

In my book of "current beleifs subject to change" all ways lead home. If source is everywhere and in all things, there is no where else to go, end up or be that it is not also. The other is that if all things came from the same source, then all things are made up of whatever god is suppose to be. You'll find the essense in everything if you look for it.

Unlike most, I don't care to go back to wherever I came from- its not MY goal, nor is pleasing a God being who would judge and damn me. Knowing me, if I left it, I left it for a good reason. Maybe I was blindfolded and kidnapped and left in the dark and the challenge of the game is to see if I could find my way back through the dark by creating my own light within to guide the way, by remembering who I am. I have been having a blast playing this game and have no need to go home again, cept for maybe sunday dinner now and again. he he
I want my independance and my own house. I'm after soverignity, spiritual maturity and becoming my own GOD SELF in full realisation. This may take eons, or eternity.

Here are some questions I have about your current beleif. If we were already one, why did we choose individuation? If we did for a reason, what was it and what is now the reason for wanting to go back to it? Why was the darkness only present during our multiple individuation but not present when we were individuated as ONE? Do you have an understanding between illusive separation as in "being a part from all other beings" and individuation of the one which is that all of existance is a part of us and we are all beings in one?

These are the questions I asked of myself when I had similiar beleifs as yours. Answer them for yourself and see what you come up with. You don't have to do it here. In the least, you will come to understand why you beleive what you do better. And in the most????????????????????????

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Offlinesillysimon
PermanentPalinopsia

Loc: i have an STD,its HPPD ...
    #3038362 - 08/23/04 02:58 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

3eyes wise ..... something very similar happened to me and i aggree with you totally, much respect.. dont listen to all these fools that live with their heads inside the box and cant comprehend that jesus and satan is a way of grasping the ideal negatives and positves of self, our realization as humans has to be simplified like we are fuckinmg preschoolers, we need lables to grasp and comprehend the battle of the energy within ourselves, i pity all the people that are so willing to devote their minds to a predetermined moral homilie........you faschist bastards...
i am satan i am god, you fools created the fraud :wink:

--------------------
In the dawn my toes are cold They spread their little trinkets on the ground In the hall By the closet door They creep into my bed without sound On a cube In a plastic egg A hundred fabric figures in a pile See them march Toward me And dance across the floor trippily Little faces keep no track of time Little faces speaking out in rhyme Little faces smiling in my mind Tiny doors For walking through sticky fingers clutch forbidden things the phone For talking through Sinking ships On a foamy sea That tumbles from the motion of filthy Little hands In the dark When eyes are wide listen to secrets that I tell In a ball On tiny beds Or beneath them where the shadow people dwell moon Beams split the night Leave bars of yellow pasted on their faces As they drift into a dream

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
Re: satan a symbol made by Jesus? [Re: tnecseda]
    #3038669 - 08/23/04 07:27 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Please do not include me in your delusion. Feel free to speak for yourself.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology