Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedeviation
w0000000t
malt + pf tek
    #3026042 - 08/19/04 09:54 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I made a post about this under general about a week ago, but I am going to use this thread to post all of the results.

The basic Idea is to substute some malt extract for BRF while doing a PF cake. The idea is built on the concept that since myc grows so well on malt with liquid teks, it will grow well on a solid as well.

This is not a scientific experiment, but like most people, if I can see noticably improved results time and time again, its enough proof to follow it.

My initial plan was to do the test across 8 jars, with extra controls, but unfortunately that did not happen. I am doing it with 6 jars, and will give the descriptions here.

2 Jars - Standard PF Tek, Innoculated with Spores
2 Jars - Standard PF Tek, Innoculated with Malt jar myc
2 Jars - PF Tek + Malt, Innoculated with Malt Jar myc

Unfortunately, I didn't have a spore syringe handy to innoculate a PF Tek + Malt jar as a control. I will do it next time around.

The jars just finished pressure cooking, and will get innoculated tomorrow night. I will keep people posted.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineduncan8r
Scum

Loc: Syd, Australia
Re: malt + pf tek [Re: deviation]
    #3026467 - 08/19/04 11:24 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Great work,

How colonised is the malt jar innoculums?

--------------------
Not all chemicals are bad. Without chemicals such as hydrogen and oxygen, for example, there would be no way to make water, a vital ingredient in beer. --Dave Barry

OfflineOMNiKiLLeR
Scorned Watcherof Ages
 User Gallery

Loc: A Construct of my Percept...
Re: malt + pf tek [Re: deviation]
    #3030474 - 08/20/04 10:13 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

deviation said:
2 Jars - Standard PF Tek, Innoculated with Spores
2 Jars - Standard PF Tek, Innoculated with Malt jar myc
2 Jars - PF Tek + Malt, Innoculated with Malt Jar myc

Wouldn't innoculating one set of jars from spores, and the others with "Malt Jar myc" produce varied results?

Unfortunately, I didn't have a spore syringe handy to innoculate a PF Tek + Malt jar as a control. I will do it next time around.
Could you explain how that would be a control? The control would be a jar untreated with malt innoculated with the same isolated strain as the jars treated with malt.

The jars just finished pressure cooking, and will get innoculated tomorrow night. I will keep people posted.
Please do, I am interested in how adding malt will effect it. It could be said that adding a suger will invite contam.

FREE PRON

--------------------
"If it wern't for that horse, I wouldn't have spent that year in college"~Lewis Black
"Where did you get all these slackers?"~Manager Kmart, Boise ID
"Burp dee durb, durbidy durb dee dumm"~ Southark
I didnt do it!
:dancing: :dancing:  :ass: :whatever: :bow: :penis: :bow: :whatever: :ass::dancing: :dancing:

Please Visit and Support the FSRE!

Invisiblefastfred
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Dark side of the moon
Re: malt + pf tek [Re: OMNiKiLLeR]
    #3036677 - 08/22/04 03:36 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

My prediction is contamination...

What is the reason for thinking this will work again?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract