Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
Kerry or Bush?
    #3036105 - 08/22/04 01:46 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Kerry or Bush? It's seems that most of the debates about which one of these two should be president is akin to a debate about which steaming pile of shit stinks less...

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: Kerry or Bush? [Re: Evolving]
    #3036117 - 08/22/04 01:49 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I think the pile of shit on the left stinks less.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

OfflineAncalagon
AgnosticLibertarian

Re: Kerry or Bush? [Re: Evolving]
    #3036177 - 08/22/04 02:05 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

They're two of the more repugnant pieces of shit I have ever seen. Fortunately non-shit(even if imperfect) choices are available for those wise enough to take them.

--------------------
?When Alexander the Great visted the philosopher Diogenes and asked whether he could do anything for him, Diogenes is said to have replied: 'Yes, stand a little less between me and the sun.' It is what every citizen is entitled to ask of his government.?
-Henry Hazlitt in 'Economics in One Lesson'

Invisiblequestion_for_joo
i'm left. youall can bite me
Re: Kerry or Bush? [Re: Ancalagon]
    #3036452 - 08/22/04 04:07 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah, it's too bad Howard Dean got eliminated in the lightning round. He would've been a wicked good president.

OfflineAncalagon
AgnosticLibertarian

Re: Kerry or Bush? [Re: question_for_joo]
    #3036482 - 08/22/04 04:22 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

question_for_joo said:
Yeah, it's too bad Howard Dean got eliminated in the lightning round. He would've been a wicked good president.

If by 'wicked good' you mean 'immensely deletarious' then I absolutely agree.

--------------------
?When Alexander the Great visted the philosopher Diogenes and asked whether he could do anything for him, Diogenes is said to have replied: 'Yes, stand a little less between me and the sun.' It is what every citizen is entitled to ask of his government.?

Invisiblequestion_for_joo
i'm left. youall can bite me
Re: Kerry or Bush? [Re: Ancalagon]
    #3036590 - 08/22/04 04:56 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Watch out guy, your responses are almost as predictable as the conservatives on this board. 
The way I see it you got two options:
You can get behind Kerry until he loses or starts making America worse than Bush has been. 
Or you can keep slandering him and everyone else besides this libertarian of yours.  Trying to make everyone who has hope doubt themselves.  Trying to make everyone with optimism for Kerry into pessimists. 
You're like the people who start cutting down movies three months before they even come out. 

GO MIChAEl BARDNICK!    :smile2:

Edited by question_for_joo (08/22/04 04:58 PM)

OfflineAncalagon
AgnosticLibertarian

Re: Kerry or Bush? [Re: question_for_joo]
    #3036678 - 08/22/04 05:36 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Watch out guy, your responses are almost as predictable as the conservatives on this board.

Ouch.

Quote:

The way I see it you got two options:

Perhaps you should see an optometrist?

Quote:

You can get behind Kerry until he loses or starts making America worse than Bush has been.

I'm really sorry, but I'm going to have to take issue with that suggestion. You would have me throw my support behind someone I disagree with vehemently on issues all over the political spectrum in the hope that he might fuck up less than GW? An honest look at the past century of American politics and it's effect upon America as a whole tells us that almost everything John Kerry stands for either creates new problems or exacerbates current problems. I refuse to throw any support behind this political waste of life.

Quote:

Or you can keep slandering him and everyone else besides this libertarian of yours.

I like that one a lot more. I'd be glad to engage in formal debate with you over the horrendous nature of almost every single policy position of John Kerry(or Howard Dean, or, for that matter, George Bush) if you so desire. The reason for what you perceive as slander is the incessant support for the man in spite of the factual evidence that declares the policies of John Kerry as detrimental to the already unfortunate state this country is in. For the record, I have many, many times(if neccesary I will dig up posts) over the past few months suggested people vote their conscience(whether that be Ralph Nader or David Cobb or Michael Peroutka or the Natural Law Party maniac...) as opposed to telling them to blatantly vote libertarian. I am much more interested at this point in time in getting people to vote for a candidate they truly agree with and respect and therefore ending the horrendous nature of the two(one?) party duopoly.

Quote:

Trying to make everyone who has hope doubt themselves. Trying to make everyone with optimism for Kerry into pessimists.
You're like the people who start cutting down movies three months before they even come out.

Hope is fine, but not in lieu of logic and reason. I'm sure people had hope even as they were marched to the Gulags. Some of us, however, don't want it to get that far in this country.

Quote:

GO MIChAEl BARDNICK!

AMEN 2 DAT!1

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion