Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7  [ show all ]
Anonymous

Re: An interview with Michael Badnarik [Re: Xlea321]
    #3035615 - 08/22/04 07:30 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Was there anything new in it?

yes. read it. then have a crack at answering the questions i posed.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: An interview with Michael Badnarik [Re: ]
    #3035735 - 08/22/04 08:48 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I can't find anything new in it. It's all been addressed before.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
    #3036033 - 08/22/04 11:24 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Alex123 said:
That's what I said. And each attempt to follow free market policies has resulted in complete and utter economic disaster.

Key word, 'attempt.' The truth is, they DON'T follow free market policies, to blame their problems on the free market is disingenuous. You have to examine the whole regulatory environment, taxation, fiat currencies, state funded guarantees, tariffs, etc. A smattering of economic liberalization in one area without the dropping of other controls or government guarantees is a prescription for disaster - the botched and mis-named California electrical energy market 'deregulation' is testament to this. Another example would be lifting prohibitions against certain activities by banks but keeping taxpayer funded insurance so the banks can be protected from the follies of bad decisions, encouraging them to take risks with investors' money they would avoid if they weren't sure the state would bail them out.

Every government in the world, even the most hardcore communist government has/had some areas which are/were not under strict control, that does not make the government policies 'free market' any more than it makes a woman chaste if she refuses to have sex with you but has it with three other men during the same week.

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

Anonymous

#3036924 - 08/22/04 05:18 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I can't find anything new in it. It's all been addressed before.

oh?

maybe i missed it then?

where did you explain what you would have the government do if businesses disobeyed the law, and how it differs from what i would have the government do?

where did you explain why it is entirely conceivable for you to propose that the government regulate child labor (but not me), and why your proposals would not be subject to the same sort of difficulties that you've been saying mine would?

Anonymous

#3040207 - 08/23/04 04:09 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

also...

do you believe it should be illegal for any person under the age of 18 to perform any sort of labor?

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7  [ show all ]

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom