Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Hydroponics Supplies

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineNorthernsoul
Your Reality

Loc: Inner Eye
Food Giant Not cereal Offender
    #3033198 - 08/21/04 05:44 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

The reason I put this in here is because there is the debate of the crisis with food, and alot of activism assosiated with it. So for those that are interested in the ongoing battel of the quality of the worlds food supply..... heres a neat little food ban from the Danes!

Food giant 'not cereal offender'

Kellogg's says its cereals fall within recommended daily allowances
Kellogg's has defended its cereals as "perfectly safe" after authorities in Denmark banned the sale of the company's vitamin-enriched products.
The Danish Veterinary and Food Administration claims that if eaten regularly, the products could damage children's livers and kidneys.

Kellogg's says its cereals are within recommended daily vitamin allowances.

In the UK, the Food Standards Agency has advised people to carry on eating cereals as part of a healthy diet.

The amounts proposed could be harmful to general health or food safety

Danish Veterinary and Food Administration
Kellogg's had asked the DVFA if it could add iron, calcium, vitamin B6 and folic acid to 12 cereals and six cereal bars.

A spokeswoman for the DVFA said that an evaluation of the amount of vitamins and minerals consumed by people in Denmark meant that the proposed new levels would "have a high impact".

"The amounts proposed could be harmful to general health or food safety", she added.

"If they put in less than they proposed, it might be otherwise."

'Few concerns'

BBC correspondent Nicola Carslaw said that UK health campaigners had long criticised Kellogg's for marketing cereals as healthy despite high salt and sugar levels.

In Denmark there is strong resistance and a belief that too many added vitamins can do harm

BBC correspondent Nicola Carslaw
But there had been few concerns about vitamins because consumers are used to their products being fortified.

"In Denmark there is strong resistance and a belief that too many added vitamins can do harm", she said.

"Under EU pressure, the Danish authorities are now having to consider applications from food companies to abandon this opposition. They're clearly holding firm."

The Danes turned down proposals from Kellogg's to introduce everyday cereals enriched with the same levels of vitamins as in the UK and the rest of the world.

Nordisk Kellogg's, the Nordic branch of the food giant, said it would challenge the Danes' decision, pointing out that the rejected products were being sold legally in other EU countries.

A spokesman for Kellogg's in the UK said there were "no issues" about people eating Kellogg's cereals.

"They are well within the recommended daily allowances for vitamins and minerals and they have been well within those regulations ever since we launched 70 years ago."

Information sought

The Food Standards Agency is advising people to continue eating breakfast cereal "as part of a healthy balanced diet".

The agency would be seeking further information from the Danish authorities, a spokesman said.

Earlier this year, the Consumer Association named big brand cereals, including some of those made by Kellogg's, that it said contained too much sugar, salt and fat.

Researchers compared the content of 100 popular cereals with advice from the Food Standards Agency.

It found 85 brands had "a lot" of sugar, 40 had "a lot" of salt and nine had "a lot" of saturated fat.

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------

When it comes
I'll know, I know
Just take my clothes and leave
And I'll be gone

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineNorthernsoul
Your Reality

Loc: Inner Eye
Re: Food Giant Not cereal Offender [Re: Northernsoul]
    #3065900 - 08/29/04 06:49 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Bump...

Anyone hate food giants?

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------

When it comes
I'll know, I know
Just take my clothes and leave
And I'll be gone

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: Food Giant Not cereal Offender [Re: Northernsoul]
    #3065991 - 08/29/04 07:16 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Two tin foil hats to the Danes for this one. They object because there are too many vitamins????? I can understand the bitch about fats and sugars but this is ridiculous. Hundreds of millions of Americans have been eating this shit (not me, my main food groups are beer cigarettes and rolaids. Well I don't eat the cigs but I think you get the idea) for decades and there is no evidence whatsoever that the vitamins are harmful. Fucking Euroloons.

--------------------

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Re: Food Giant Not cereal Offender [Re: zappaisgod]
    #3067726 - 08/30/04 03:04 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I just drink straight hydroponic nutrients and try to get lots of sunlight.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Hydroponics Supplies

General Interest >> Political Discussion