Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineFlare
journeyman
Scared to trip ;o
    #3031723 - 08/21/04 06:13 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

mushy season soon again in a few months here :smile: tho im questioning myself whether i should trip or not... i wanna trip again for sure its so much fun and at the same time pretty scary :eek: im jus scared incase i will lose my mind :P they r so powerful i jus dont want to be fucked up and disconnected from reality after the trip tho can learn alot from it..

i really wanna do it but i dont want to scar myself mentally ;p was planning to trip alone, other ppl around me when im tripping kinda freaks me out at times.. was gonna take my bike cycle way up into the hills i lvie in scotland near loch ness so the scenery roudn htere i think would b a nice peaceful place to trip and was gonna take some of my favourite trance tracks with me and take dunno 30 - 50 liberty caps dont wanna over do it as i want to build myself up to higher doses rather than throw myself in the deep end (like my 1sy trip) i guess im scared of my own mind :P i scare myself im my own worst enemy :smile: wat u guys think

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineZoso_UK
Zepoholic

Loc: Neverland
Re: Scared to trip ;o [Re: Flare]
    #3031741 - 08/21/04 06:29 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

wow! you live in such a great part of the UK for tripping! i live in london but i can't wait to move somewhere beautiful like where you live once i'm a little bit older. if you didn't trip it would be a crime...jst kidding ;P

if you're worried so much then its not a good idea but you should note that they aren't anywhere near as dangerous as you think they are. The effects will leave after 8 hours tops and unless you have a latent mental condition like schizophrenia then you'll be fine. Also, even if you have a bad trip (i've had one bad ending to a trip) the human mind can recover so quick you won't be scarred by it.

jst make sure if you do trip that you don't go in with your present fears.

Invisiblebandaid
clever title

#3031768 - 08/21/04 06:55 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

The only thing Im really worried about when tripping is other ppl around me, that is, me getting somewhat confused, worried, in general not in good controle of myself, though nothing really bad has EVER happened I think its healthy to be weary of the ppl around you while your tripping, whether its related to doing something stupid or getting caught, its good to be ready and plan ahead.

If Im all by myself theres nothing to be afraid of really even if I think I lost my mind there isnt anyone around I could scare/worry or the chance of getting caught. Its just you and your mind, and given enough time you'll be sober once again after the hours pass by. The advice I like giving out if you ever do find yourself in a bad trip is just keep tellling yourself "its just a matter of time before its over", just TIME remember that.

I think the only real problem would be is you hurting yourself (very unlikely btw), but if you do find yourself in bad trip just keep telling yourself "its just a matter of time", also feel free to cry or say things that might relieve the stress. Ive cried during an unpleasant trip before and it helped ALOT.

Oh and plz dont get all worried after reading what I wrote, its just advice *IF* you find yourself in a bad trip. Dont be worrying about it so much. Try having informative/enlightening outlooks on it and you'll end up having a great trip :thumbup:

And theres this which I have saved on a file, I tried searching for it so you could see the actual thread but couldnt find it so I'll just copy and paste it here:

==================================================================

any thoughts? some of you know how it is... it's extremely difficult sometimes.
===
change the setting and if you aren't around people you trust, get out of there and find people you are comfortable with. Drink OJ because niacin brings you down a bit.
===
don't go into it thinking you'll have a bad trip
===
Yes, prevention is the best cure.
===
Abstinence (from negative thinking)
You could always use a condom (of happiness and smiles).
===
Hey!

I was just recently preparing for my future trip and was researching Shroomery boards for advices how to get out of a bad trip, or let go, and some others. I have copied and pasted some good advices into notepad, but why not share it here?  Sorry I dont have the authors of quotes, well must be just some wise people from here!

here goes, how to handle (or prevent) bad trips compilation:

You just have to roll with it, submit yourself to the mushroom. Don't fight it, because it just becomes uncomfortable. Just accept that what is happening is happening, and that it will be over in about 6 hours. Listen to what your mind has to say. You may learn things that are quite important to you.

==========

The quicker you accept any negativity, the quicker it will dismiss itself. REMEMBER THAT IT WILL 'GO AWAY' and that someday you might even want it back

===========

Yes; just tell the person they can make themselves happy just by thinking about it, and put some tripping music or a tripping movie on or something.

Be sure to tell them it will all be over, but give them something to entertain them; this is important; and make sure it's easy to watch while tripping (or listen to.)

===========

If you feel things are getting out of control, pause and focus on your breathing, lie down and do this. It might be a bit harder to do in the midst of a trip from Hell, but if it's only the early stages of a freak out, I think it could help. I've managed to avoid what could have been a messy end to my trip by remembering to breathe, and I lay down and focused on it completly. Sure enough the bad times passed.

===========

People who have bad trips are the same people who take it WAY too seriously. That is not to say that shrooms should be taken lightly, but the actual trip, and what happens during the trip should.

For instance, if you're having a bad trip and you think you see spiders (just using for an example) instead of freaking out and saying to yourself "holy crap there's spiders everywhere oh my god!" rather you calm your mind, and take a zen-like approach: "oh, so now I'm visualizing spiders, I wonder why that is. What could this mean?"

Once you learn how to think like that you can control your bad trips very easily. It's kind of fun to slip from good to bad trip over and over again..

..just be prepared and it can be a blast! Gee, that sounds familiar :P

============

So far ever since i have taken these initiatives i have been able to completley turn my trip around to a good experiance.

1. Change the music
2. Change the lighting
3. Take a piss
4. Say "Im only feeling this way because im tripping"
5. Talk to my friend (normally i will start a random conversation, this seems to work best)
6. Blow my nose
7. smoke a cigerette (somtimes this can make it worst though be careful if it bothers u put it out)
8. Take a few deep breathes and try to relax yourself...most of all try to think of somthing other than what you are currently thinking about

===========

Actualy now that you mention it, taking a piss works great. Especialy on LSD. I notice that I will forget to piss and can't feel the pressure but my body is uncomfortable some pissing feels like all the bad energy is going out. Especialy if you think about all the bad energy going out as you piss. Afterword I always feel so relaxed and like a whole new trip. Even good trips are made better this way.

=============

[on 7grams] I kept saying "love, love, love, love, love" or "God" or something positive like that in order to steer myself in the right direction, which is pretty amazing because at that point I had lost almost any concept of who I was and where I was. I started saying "you're just on mushrooms Learyfan. It's a drug, and you'll come out of it." I started thinking of people who Learyfan knew in his life, such as all of my best friends and whatnot. I also thought of Shroomism since I remembered he was at the same festival. I also remembered to laugh because I remembered reading that laughing actually counteracts negativity in your body and mind or however that goes, so I tried my best to laugh. All of these things helped.

============

Just go with the flow... When you get the urge to giggle, then giggle, when you get the urge to run in a circle, then run in a circle, when you get the urge to flail your arms and jump up and down then do it. When you get the urge to get naked and climb up to see if theirs a candle in the street light well just dont let yourself get in that situation. My point is dont hold anything back and just have fun. Ooh and you WILL get those anxiety urges so remember thats its unhealthy to repress them durring your trip.

============

Exactly - if you remember that it is a trip - that you are coming back from - Im sure you'll realise that its like holidays - sometimes they are good, sometimes it rains, but you'll be going home afterwoods either way...

============

Oh yeah, and make sure to stay positive. If you start feeling any negative vibes, just try to focus on positive things. Also, if things start to get too intense, just do some deep breathing and tell yourself that it's just the mushrooms and that it's all in your head.

===
In my opinion, the thing that makes it a "bad trip" is the fact that I am unable to get past the negative part.

===
OJ doesn't contain niacin. Unless it's some fortified brand i haven't heard about.
===
they put niacin into just about everything. go look at a bottled water--it has niacin.
(and i doubt that niacin would do anything, anyway.)
===
Think this:
THE ONLY THING TO FEAR IS FEAR ITSELF
am I right?
===
if you are tripping really hard because you ate like 8 grams of mushrooms for your first time then i suggest making your self throw up and eat some food then cold shower ive done this exact thing and even though i didnt nessesarily feel good puking food and cold shower helped
===
it's all in your head. just go do something else
when the going gets tough, the tough get going.
===
uhh.. turn off all the lights in a room, lock yourself in, and listen to "dark side of the moon" with headphones.
"breathe" is enough to chill anyone out.
===
I've only had one bad trip, but I managed to pull myself out of it (Didnt have a sitter/anyone with me).

Basicly, in my mess of thoughts and fears, I started to think about stuff I read on erowid. By relating a 'bad' feeling I was having, to one i head read in another story on there, and then "Oh, well..they came out of the trip fine, so I will be ok".

Forced myself to think on happy thoughts, got away from Stimilus for a bit (listening to Penta when trying to get into a happy place can be hard, lol).

- Letting go. I found the trip was at its worse when I was trying to 'fight' the effects, but once I let go and got dancing and thrown around in the moshpit, and having fun, it went down to a fun level.

Just dont dwell on negative thoughts, try to relate what your feeling to what you know about tripping/shrooms to try and put some 'logic' to it, and that can help you deal with it.
===
an 8th of prevention is worth an ounce of cure.
===
Give it time, man. Your body will adjust.
===
the amount of niacin in (or added) to most foods or beverages is miniscule...
dr abram hoffer recommends several hundred milligrams of niacinamide (a non-flushing form of niacin, vitamin B3) to terminate "lsd psychosis" --- i find that even 100 milligrams can sorta slow things down quite a bit in like 30-45 minutes...

YMMV

(p.s. ummmmm, utfse)
===
non flushing as in it won't make you break out and your skin swell like the one trip on erowid where the guy took niacin. (niacin nightmare I think).

gnrm, you have experiance with niacinamide terminating trips?
===
I was in a gathering, a few weeks ago. the first day, I started to feel a little sick. The first night, took some psychedelics. The first couple of hours, it was really nice. When I went to the tent area, I started to feel really bad and got inside the tent. I started to shiver, but I was feeling cold and shivering like mad. It was partly to do with my sickness but the psychdelics had enhanced the cold feeling and got me thinking I was really really sick. After 1-2 hours, my friends managed to convince me to get out of the tent, although it felt really hard. I went to the chillout area and had a couple of chai's. the music, the drink and smoking herb really made me feel better, I even got up and danced so the bottom line, the friends next to you are evry important in the process of getting you out of the bad trip. the outside factors, like location, drinks/food, and music is also important.
but yes, most importantly, you gotta remember.
"its all in your head"

===
I have a unique way of getting our of my bad trips, normal anxiety. Through about a year of mental programming I am now able to say three words to myself and i can immediately do a 180 in my mental thoughts, its instant! These three words are positive, confidence and control. I taught myself how to do this with weed, and have recently been able to do it with shrooms too, Its all about association and reaching really high levels of happyness and confidence when your meditating, tripping or whatever. Then assign your words to that perticular good feeling and you'll be set. It takes a lot of experimenting, but now when I use it on myself I can instantly get in a good mindset, and once you go from being really low to really high in a matter of seconds, the association just becomes stronger and more powerful.

Edited by bandaid (08/21/04 07:03 AM)

OfflineFlare
journeyman
    #3031865 - 08/21/04 08:12 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

hey thx for the replies guys :smile: i will try remember those tips if things do decide to get a lil crazy :P i should be fine after all its just a drug

OfflineZoso_UK
Zepoholic

Loc: Neverland
    #3031878 - 08/21/04 08:16 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

its a living drug :wink: make sure you show it respect, i'm sure you will

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #3032217 - 08/21/04 11:04 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

"im jus scared incase i will lose my mind"

I lose my mind every time I take mushrooms, but always find it by the next day

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflinePaintedDeath
The Bestest
Loc: somewhere in Texas
Re: Scared to trip ;o [Re: Strumpling]
    #3032615 - 08/21/04 01:07 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

haha, i wouldnt be scared of the shrooms if your going to lochness, id be scared of nessy  :wink:

--------------------
I wanna cross The Rainbow Bridge, and see my fathers in The Golden Hall. They beckon me, to join their feast. In my dreams, I hear their call.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: Scared to trip ;o [Re: PaintedDeath]
    #3032913 - 08/21/04 02:20 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I'll bet I would convince myself while on the mushroom at loch ness that nessy only comes out for people who are psychedelics, and could get frightened over that but heh its all in good fun :laugh: and don't worry nessy's actually pretty cool

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract